Still the One

LXXXI.

‘Are you sure everything’s all right?’ Harry questions on the other end of the phone, ‘you seem like something’s bothering you. Do I need to kick someone’s ass?’

‘No,’ I stiff out a small laugh to benefit Harry, ‘I’m just tired that’s all.’

‘Do you want to just talk later? I can let you sleep if you want.’

‘That is the last thing I want honestly, I’ve miss your voice all day.’

‘I miss you,’ he speaks quietly, ‘tell me about your day. How were classes? Do you like your professors?’

It amazed me just how much Harry cared about the small details of my day when he was the super famous band member. He’d sit there and ask me to go on and on, down to the tiniest detail. The things that I think are boring and repetitive Harry finds fascinating for some reason. That was one of the many reasons why I loved Harry.

‘Lib, you there?’ he wonders after a moment of silence.

‘I’m here,’ I chime as a classic schoolgirl smile forms on my face, ‘the professors are good. My literature teacher, Will is really interesting actually.’

‘Hang on,’ Harry clears his throat on the other end, ‘did you just call your literature teacher, Will?’

‘Yes, it’s just something he prefers that’s all. He’s less traditional than the others.’

‘He does sound interesting,’ Harry speaks uneasily, ‘what else?’

‘Max, Eleanor’s friend is in my communications class.’ I change the subject not wanting to make Harry tense for the night.

‘Max? I haven’t seen him since he got drunk and tried to have his way with Niall!’ Harry exclaims with a loud laugh, ‘you have to tell him that I say hello.’

‘I will,’ I promise, ‘How was your day?’

‘Just the usual writing. We actually met up with Pharrell in the studio late last night. It was pretty surreal.’

‘Pharrell? You have to get me an autograph!’ I gush happily, sometimes Harry would meet other famous people and I would absolutely swoon. For example, Pharrell he was insanely talented.

‘I already did,’ Harry replies, ‘It is currently in my suitcase.’

‘You know me so well.’

‘That I do. I talked to the realtor today and she has this house in mind but there’s a few other people looking at it. Do you think you could go tomorrow afternoon to show me some pictures and tell me if it’s worth it? I really don’t want to let it go if it’s what we’ve been waiting for.’

‘Well since I don’t have classes tomorrow, I could go into Glamour early and leave a bit earlier in the afternoon and meet her.’

‘Thanks babe, I’ll send her an email right now and tell her that you can see her at the house.’

‘Okay, I’ll ask Sophia if she wants to tag along.’

‘That’s a good idea. Liam told me to thank you for making the effort by the way. I guess the others haven’t been around much but it’s great she has someone to talk to that’s in the same boat as she is.’

‘It’s my pleasure. Sophia’s so sweet and fun to be around.’

‘Oh and take plenty of pictures.’

‘Of course.’



After my phone call with Harry last night I went straight to bed to go into Glamour bright and early. Tiffany sat at the receptionist desk sipping on tea from her bright pink mug that said awaiting my princess.

‘Good morning, how are you?’ I smile leaning against the sleek wooden desk in front of me.

‘I am lovely. The baby shower is this Saturday and I’m officially one month away to holding my baby girl so I’m proper excited.’

‘Eight months? What on earth are we going do without you here?’

‘I start training the temp later in the week. I’ll only be out for six weeks so you will have to manage some way.’

‘I have to leave a bit earlier to meet with the relator at a potential house.’

‘Oh, have you already found something you like?’

‘We’re hoping. Since Harry’s in the states he asked me to go check it out to see if it’s what we want.’

‘Where’s it located?’

‘North London. We’ve been talking about moving there for a few weeks now. I better get to work so I can finish in time so I’ll see you at lunch.’

Once I was finished for the day I clock out then head over to Sophia’s flat in North London to pick her up. About ten minutes later we arrived at this huge white house with a tall brick wall wrapped around it. Sophia and I get out of the car to meet the woman in a beige pants suit waiting by the black metal door.

‘Hello, you must be Libby. My name’s Martha Richardson.’

‘Lovely to meet you. This is Sophia, she’ll be looking at the house with me today.’

‘Hi.’ Sophia smiles folding her arms across her chest.

‘Wonderful. I’m really excited to show you this house so let’s get started.’ Martha smiles, ‘your boyfriend was very adamant about your privacy. As you can see there is this tall brick wall around the entire lot. You, from the inside would have to let them in otherwise they would need a key to the secure door. There will be no leaked images while you are in the comfort of your own home.’

‘That will definitely come in handy.’

Martha shows us the throw the backyard and then to the garage where we enter the house through the kitchen.

‘There are four bedrooms and three toilet rooms along with three separate receptions rooms. In the past the reception rooms were used a game rooms, nurseries, garden rooms, and exercise rooms. There are endless possibilities for this home. There’s plenty of room and light. The kitchen has been upgraded with all new appliances.’ Martha explains as we walk through each of the receptions rooms. ‘Mr. Styles also mentioned that you two would need much space in your bedroom.’

‘We’ve been kind of cluttered in his flat.’

‘In that case I’m positive that you will love the master bedroom.’ Martha turns the doorknob revealing the largest room in the house besides the kitchen, ‘the last couple that lived here had separate walk-in closets installed. There is plenty of room for everyone’s belongings in just one closet but you have two. The master bathroom is also quite large as well. There are two separate sinks and two separate linen closets. There is a waterfall shower as well as a two-person whirlpool bathtub. Both are very sought after in homes today.’

‘It’s beautiful.’ I beam taking pictures for Harry, ‘this is exactly what we’ve been looking for. The extra space and the privacy.’

I love it. How long can she hold it for? – Harry.

‘I just got a message from Harry and he wants to know just how long will the house be available?’

‘Honestly, if he doesn’t put a deposit down today I can’t guarantee it will be open in a day or so. They are several potential buyers looking at this house.’

It’s a stiff competition if we don’t put down a deposit. – Libby.

What do you think? Do you think that we should jump on it? – Harry.

Truthfully I can’t imagine something more perfect for us than this house. – Libby.

Okay I trust you. Put the deposit down. – Harry.

‘We’re going to put the deposit down.’ I inform Martha has I dig down into my bag for my checkbook.

‘Excellent!’