Still the One

LXXXII.

‘Too many boxes. Can’t go on.’ Harry grunts as his flops down on the sofa in the middle of the living area downstairs, ‘Can’t we just call it a day?’

‘Harry, we’ve only been unpacking boxes for an hour.’ I laugh swatting him with my arm, ‘get up. We still have so much to do.’

‘How about I just sit here and watch how good you looking behind over.’ Harry smirks pulling me down onto the sofa with him, ‘or just a little break.’

‘A little break?’ I question hesitantly.

‘A little break.’ Harry quietly repeats leaning forward on the sofa to meet my lips.

I wrap my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss with intensity building more and more each second. With one swift movement Harry flips us over onto the sofa where he’s now hovering over me with a small grin.

‘See you wanted a break just as much as I did.’ He murmurs before pressing his lips to mine once again.

‘When you said a “little break” I did not know you meant over an hour!’ I complain with a small smile as I pull Harry’s shirt over my head.

‘Oops.’ Harry laughs from the other room as he digs in the boxes for a pair of sweats, ‘How about we order some Thai food and sit around for the rest of the night and start back up in the morning?’

‘I really want to have this finished before you go to Wales.’ I reply sitting down on the edge of the bed while Harry kicks his legs into a pair of grey sweats.

‘I promise you that this house will be ready to go by the time I leave.’

‘That’s in a week.’ I whisper with a taunting smile, ‘And there’s so much left.’

‘Breathe.’ Harry kneels down on the floor in front of me, ‘In and out. Breathe. Nice and deep.’ He instructs using his thumb to circle my thighs. ‘Do you trust me?’

‘Yes.’

‘Okay, it’ll be done by then with time for that house warming party too.’

‘Okay.’

‘That a girl. Now – do you want noodles or rice?’

For the rest of the night Harry and I curl up with some blankets while watching a DVD on my laptop since the cable company still hasn’t made an appearance yet. In the morning, I wake to the smell of bacon then hurry down stairs to the kitchen. To my surprise, Harry had already finished unpacking the kitchen and was cooking breakfast.

‘Good morning.’ He singsongs as I sit down at the table, ‘I thought I would get up early and make us something to eat before we get started.’

‘That was nice of you, you’re too good to me.’ I kiss Harry’s cheek as he sets down a plate in front of me.

Hours and hours later Harry and I stretched out on the cool wooden flooring, tired from unpacking. The living area and dining room were done along with the main bedroom and master toilet room.

‘Okay, so we have the guest rooms and the three reception areas, what do you think we should do with them?’ I wonder looking up at the fancy chandelier that swung in the lounge.

‘Don’t you worry about that. By the time you get home from Glamour tomorrow it will all be taken care of.’ Harry speaks mysteriously looking at his phone, ‘It’s a surprise.’

‘I love you.’ I laugh rolling over to lean on Harry’s chest; ‘I am going to take a shower so I’ll see you in a bit.’

‘Can I come with you?’ he begins to sit up with a cheeky smile.

‘I don’t think that would be the best idea.’ I kiss Harry before scurrying up the large staircase and going into the toilet room.

In the morning I shower I get ready for class. I slip into a pair of jeans and a navy blue top with my plain white trainers from Topshop. I grab my purse and backpack from the dark room before hurrying over to the bed.

‘Babe, I’m leaving.’ I whisper, ‘I’m going straight Glamour after class so I’ll see you this afternoon?’

‘Mhm,’ Harry grumbles rolling in the bed, ‘Kiss?’

‘Yes.’ I agree bending over to press my lips up to Harry’s, ‘I love you.’

‘I love you.’ He calls hoarsely from the bed as I trot down the stairs.

Before I leave I press the alarm system then head out the garage door. I make it to literature with time to spare because Will, the professor still hadn’t made it in yet. I pull out my typed assignment and stare at it for any last minute problems.

‘Good morning, all. If you would, please bring your papers down to the front and place them on my desk.’ Will grins dropping his impressive briefcase on his podium. ‘So, how do you think you did?’ Will asks aloud, ‘I am very interested in seeing your potential for this term.’

‘Is it just me or is the professor eyeing you?’ the girl beside me leans over to whisper, ‘that’s like the third time I’ve caught him.’

‘I think it’s just you.’ I reply looking as Will paced back and forth in the class as he went into deep explanation of the next assignment.

Today, for communications I couldn’t bare to sit at the same table as Christopher after his mini blow up the other day when I suggested he had feelings for Max. I sit towards the front away from Max as well so Christopher wouldn’t think I was starting rumors he warned me about. Christopher strolls in dropping his black backpack on the table staring at me curiously but doesn’t say anything. Max wanders in, hiding his dark eyes behind darker shades with his phone in his palm. I turn in my seat to see Christopher trying not to watch Max while he dug in his bag. Before the lecture was over I decided to invite Max to the house warming party this Sunday. Once I was in the halls, I sent a quick text to Tiffany inviting her to the house warming as well and making sure to tell her to invite Christopher. Maybe, he’d lighten up in a social environment or at least I was hoping.

‘Hey baby,’ Harry answers loudly over some sort of banging and drills in the background, ‘what’s going on?’

‘I was just telling you that I invited some more people to the house warming, what is that sound?’

‘Nothing, nothing.’ He coughs stepping into a quieter setting, ‘That’s fine. Who is it?’

‘Max, I’m sure he’ll bring Eleanor with him but last I talked to her she was a little unsure about it with Louis being there and all. Also, Tiffany, Paul, and Christopher.’

‘Okay, I will let the caters know. I really love you but I’m sort of in the middle of something so I will see you later, okay?’

‘All right. Love you.’

‘Love you.’

The day at Glamour seemed to drag on endlessly. I filed research and transcribed meetings, I scheduled interviews and photo shoots, then finally was free to go for the day. I casually drove five miles over the speed limit and briefly stopped at the signs, in a hurry to get back to the house to see what Harry was being so secretive about. I pull into garage where Harry immediately runs out to greet me with one of his many bandanas in his hands.

‘Hi beautiful,’ he smiles, ‘ready for the tour?’
♠ ♠ ♠
hi! hope you enjoyed the latest chapter. i know it seems to be never ending or like its dragging on but bear with me and i promise it's gonna get a whole lot better! new chapter on sunday!