Still the One

LXXXIII.

‘You’re scaring me!’ I laugh as Harry guides me through the door to show me what he’s been working on all day.

‘Don’t worry, it’s a really good surprise.’ He replies with his large hands pressed on my hips, ‘Just a little bit longer.’

Harry’s boots tap against the tile flooring of the kitchen as we walk through.

‘Okay first room.’ Harry chimes removing the bandana from my eyes, revealing a theater room. A large screen was pinned on the wall in front of eight movie theater styled chairs.

‘Harry I-…’ I look around at a loss for words, ‘It’s- it’s incredible. I cannot believe that this is in our house.’

‘I thought you’d like it.’ Harry smiles wrapping his arms around my waist, ‘I thought that we would decide what to do with the other two rooms together but I just wanted to surprise with this.’

‘I love it so much Harry.’ I beam feeling the smoother leather material in front of me. ‘It’s perfect.’



‘I will see you when I get back from Tiffany’s baby shower. It shouldn’t last too long.’ I kiss Harry’s cheek grabbing my phone and purse from the kitchen.

‘I love you.’

‘And I love you.’ I smile back at my boyfriend who was stretched out in one of the theater chairs watching a movie with the remote gripped in his hand.

I arrive at Tiffany’s baby shower and grab the gift from the back of the car. The reception hall was decorated in a classy white color with Tiffany blue accessories scattered around the room. Tiffany was surrounded by her family and new in-laws.

‘Libby!’ she smiles as she stands on her feet, waddling over to me, ‘I’m so happy that you made it!’

‘You’re glowing!’ I retort wrapping my arms around her the best I can, ‘I love your dress.’

‘Thank you.’ Tiffany retorts looking down at her crème dress that hugged her swollen belly in the best way. ‘There’s food over there and there’ drinks so please help yourself. We’ll be playing some sort of games pretty soon then cake.’ She points excitedly at the large four-tier cake in the corner of the room.

I spent nearly two hours at Tiffany’s baby shower before grabbing my purse and the goodie bag Tiffany gave me.

‘I’ll see you tomorrow at the house warming, right?’

‘Of course – we wouldn’t miss it.’ Tiffany immediately agrees rubbing her stomach.

‘I better get going. There’s still so much to do before tomorrow.

Today was the day of Harry and I’s house warming party. Caterers and event staff were rushing in and out of the house in order to get things ready for our guests. Harry sits on the edge of the bed pulling his boots onto his feet. He was dressed in a simple pair of jeans and a fresh white tee shirt that showed off his toned frame.

‘You look gorgeous.’ He compliments pulling on my dress with a quick movement. ‘As always.’

‘People will be here soon, we better get down there.’ I place a hand on Harry’s stomach looking up at him.

‘After this is over you’re mine.’

‘Or you’ll be mine.’ I taunt pulling Harry downstairs just as the staff was finishing up with their setup.

‘Have you given any more thought to your plan for setting Max up with your coworkers little brother? Who hasn’t openly confessed feelings for him mind you.’ Harry inquires picking a strawberry from the fruit dish.

‘It is not a plan.’ I disagree placing my hands on my hips, ‘I just happened to invite the two of them so they can communicate in a more social environment besides an hour long communications lecture.’

‘If I didn’t know any better I would say that you are playing match maker.’

‘I am not. I am simply seeing what happens.’

‘Well I am wishing you luck.’ Harry smirks in return.

All of our friends, old and new showed up along with family and coworkers. Perrie showed up with Zayn who was sporting a fresh buzz cut. Harry and Zayn mutter something to each other that I couldn’t hear before wrapping their arms around each other. Niall decided to bring a new girl he was seeing named Melissa while Louis flew solo. Liam strolls in with Sophia not too long after Danielle arrived with Amy and her sister. Eleanor and Max come in right before Tiffany and Paul lead the way for Christopher. Gemma and her longtime boyfriend Connor come in with Anne and her husband Robin. My dad comes in with my little brother Tanner. It was a full house just about.

‘Is Niall serious about her?’ I wonder gesturing to the dark haired beauty. Melissa was from Australia, that’s where she met Niall back in November. Her tanned arms were wrapped around Niall’s neck as she threw her head back in laughter.

‘From what he’s told me, yeah. He’s crazy about her.’ Harry replies following my stare, ‘Amy doesn’t seem too torn up about it.’

‘I haven’t spoken to her in awhile.’ I reply looking as Amy and Danielle stood in the corner of the room talking with Louis.

Once everyone is there Harry decides to lead a tour throughout the house. Sophia and I stay close throughout the day seeing how she didn’t know anyone else there besides Liam who was catching up with the boys. When the tour was finished Danielle pulls me aside with Amy scurrying to catch up to her.

‘Is everything okay?’ I wonder looking from Danielle to Amy and back again.

‘No it’s really not, Libby.’ Danielle hisses taking me completely by surprise, ‘you invited me here and all you’ve done is spend time with her. You haven’t said more than two words to us since we’ve been here.’

‘I’m trying, Danielle. I don’t know what you want me to do. I cannot talk to every one at the same time, if I could I would.’ I defend, in this moment Harry takes his eyes from his conversation with my dad to look over at me.

‘I want you to remember who your friends were first, you know, just forget it. I don’t feel comfortable here so I’m just going to go.’

‘Dani- wait.’ I call running a hand through my hair frustrated.

‘I better go, sorry Libby.’ Amy frowns giving me a quick hug before leaving with Danielle and her sister.

‘Is everything okay?’ Harry wonders placing a support hand on my waist, ‘what was that all about?’

‘I don’t think Danielle and I are friends anymore.’ I squint still taken aback by everything that she just said. ‘She just left.’

‘It’ll be okay.’ Harry soothes giving me a quick kiss on my forehead causing a few people to awe and ooh at us. ‘Just give her a few days.’

‘I wasn’t expecting that. It came out of nowhere.’

‘I know, I know. Listen, everyone’s just about to leave. You should really say goodbye.’

I follow Harry and we take our time thanking every person for coming one by one. Eleanor and I sat at the table catching up while everyone else was slowly leaving. Niall and the other boys were in the backyard with Sophia laughing about something that I couldn’t hear from where I stood.

‘Has anyone seen Chris?’ Paul wonders searching the kitchen for his younger brother, ‘Tiff have you seen Chris?’

‘Not for a while now, no.’ Tiffany replies slipping her arm through Paul’s for support, ‘I’m sure he can’t be far.’

‘I have seemed to misplace Max as well.’ Eleanor laughs from the kitchen table.

Harry and I share a quick exchange looking at each other in the same moment. He was thinking the exact same thing as I was. Max and Christopher were missing somewhere in the house.

‘I will go look around for them.’ Harry volunteers before anyone has the chance to speak up.

‘I’ll come with you. It’s a big house.’ Paul chimes leading his pregnant wife towards the staircase.

‘Oh God, Harry. Do you think that they could be in one of this rooms hooking up.’

‘I guess we’re about to find out.’ Harry whispers as he and I rush up the stairs behind Paul and Tiffany with Eleanor right behind us.

We each take a room upstairs and begin looking around for either Christopher or Max. Each time a door handle turn my stomach dropped that much more with anxiety.

‘Hey, Lib.’ Harry pulls me to the guest room’s door and puts his fingers to his lips the way you would shush someone at the theater, ‘do you hear that?’ he questions before I place my ear to the door to hear some sort of shuffling behind it.

‘Are they in there?’ Eleanor questions curiously seeing Harry and I huddled over by the door.

‘No, not here. I think someone may be in the theater room though.’ Harry saves before leading Eleanor, Paul, and Tiffany back down the spiral staircase allowing me to knock on the occupied door.

‘Is somewhere in here?’

Christopher was in there making out with someone, it just wasn’t Max. It was Niall’s new girlfriend, Melissa.
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope you enjoyed 83! please feel free to leave a comment or suggestions or subscribe to the story! new chapter on wednesday - hope you come back!