Still the One

LXXXV.

Tiffany and I rush into my car down in front of Glamour’s building. She groans and cries the entire way to the car. Unfortunately, Jackie was out at a meeting and Tiffany couldn’t bear to wait for an ambulance.

‘C-call Paul!’ Tiffany shouts clenching the middle console with tight eyes, ‘Please call P-paul. I can’t do t-this without him.’ Tiffany breathes before letting out another painful shriek. ‘I can’t do this. The baby’s early! She’s not due for three whole weeks. What is doing here now? What if something’s wrong?’

‘Please call down Tiffany. The stress definitely isn’t good for the baby. Try to relax.’ I call Paul who answers on the second ring, ‘Paul, hi, it’s Libby. I’m in the car with Tiffany right now. Her water just broke in the office so I’m taking her to Wellington hospital.’

‘Shit, shit, shit.’ Paul mutters with a slight banging sound in the background, I assumed he hit the steering wheel, ‘I’m stuck in traffic right now on my way back to the office. I’m going to turn around the moment I can. Can I talk to her?’

‘Just a second.’ I reply, turning on the wireless connection, ‘Go ahead Paul.’

‘Baby?’ Tiffany sobs out of breath, ‘It hurts so bad.’

‘I know, sweetheart but you’re so strong and brave that’s how I know you can hold out until I get there.’

‘I can’t. I need you!’

‘I know, Tiff, I know you do. Just give me some time and I’m going to be there. I will not miss this for anything in the world. Just hold on for me Tiff, you can do it.’

‘Please hurry.’

‘I love you.’ Paul soothes, ‘so much. Hang in there – I’m coming right now.’

‘I love you.’ Tiffany manages to get out before the phone hangs up. ‘Libby, please hurry.’

‘I’m trying, I’m trying.’ I respond weaving in and out of traffic trying to get to Wellington.

We finally arrive to the hospital and I pull the car right up to the sliding glass doors. I run inside to grab a nurse and a wheelchair to retrieve Tiffany from the car.

‘Thank you so much, Libby.’ She cries as they wheel into the labor ward.

‘You’re welcome. I’ll be right out here.’ I call back to her sitting down at one of the nearest seats to send Harry a text.

Hey Tiffany just went into labor. I’m at Wellington. I won’t leave until Paul gets here so she won’t be alone. – Libby.

I knew that Harry would be at one of his writing sessions so he wouldn’t see the message until later but at least it was there. I sat in the hospital’s waiting area where Paul shows up about twenty minutes later. He rushes in, sends me a quick hello before pushing through the tan doors. I grab a coffee from the hospital’s café area then head over to the hospital’s gift area. The small room was filled with teddy bears and stuffed animals. Bright colored balloons rested against the low ceilings. Sympathy cards were stacked next to flowers and candy. I decided to get a small pink bunny and a handful of balloons to take to Tiffany before heading home to get ready for my dinner with Harry who was leaving early tomorrow. Fortunately the show was in Cardiff, which was only three hours and even quicker by plane. Sophia and I would be tagging along with the boys then flying back with them to London for the Summertime Ball and finally back to Cardiff for a second show. It was going to be a busy forty-eight hours but I was looking forward to it.

‘Hey, how is she?’ Harry speaks once I answer the phone.

‘She’s good, Paul’s in there right now. I’m actually on my way home to get ready for dinner. Are you still in the studio?’

‘Yeah, just finishing up right now. We’re going leave a bit early so everyone can finish packing. I’m going to here in a few minutes and head your way so we can get dinner.’

‘Okay, I will see you then.’

‘All right, love you.’

‘Love you too.’ I hang up my phone as I climb into my car after walking through the busy parking lot.

The moment I make it back to the house, I walk up the spiral steps that lead to our bedroom. As I’m getting out of the shower I hear the security gate slide open as Harry’s blacked out Range Rover slips through.

‘Baby, I’m home.’ Harry announces walking up the staircase, his classic boots tapping against the floor with each step he took. ‘Lib, you around?’

‘In here!’ I stand in the closet looking for something to wear.

‘There you are,’ Harry hovers in the doorway, ‘why did we get such a big ass house again?’

‘Because we were tired of living in a small ass apartment?’ I joke tightening my towel around my body.

‘Right.’ He agrees with a grin and a nod, ‘I’m going to get in the shower and we can go, sound good?’

‘It sounds great.’

I decided to go with a long black dress and the new pair of black pumps from Tiffany. Just as I’m putting the finishing touches of my makeup Harry is already dressed and sitting on the bed to zip up his boots. He was dressed in a usual tight pair of black jeans, a red dress shirt paired with a black blazer. His long, almond colored hair rested neatly against his shoulders.

‘I would say that you look beautiful or sexy but those words don’t seem to measure up to you tonight.’ He gawks running a hand through his hair, ‘I say we just skip dinner and have our own dessert in here.’

‘As tempting as that sounds I’m just about starving.’

‘Your loss.’ Harry taunts taking me by the hand to lead me down the stairs, ‘where’s Bandit?’

‘He’s hiding in the guest room again, I’m sure. He’s absolutely obsessed with it. I don’t know how he gets in there.’

‘I’d really like to see just what he does when there’s no one around.’ Harry laughs as he sets the alarm for the security system.



Harry and I go to one of our favorite restaurants in downtown London. Thanks to one of his perks, Harry and I are seated away from the windows and everyone else in the building.

‘You have that face, what are you thinking about?’ I inquire looking at Harry across the table.

‘I’ll be required to actually interact with Niall tomorrow.’

‘I thought you saw Niall today.’

‘No we went in the studio at different times.’

‘Even so, he’s one of your best pals. Don’t let some girl come in and ruin it.’

‘That’s the thing, I didn’t let some random girl come between the band – he did.’

‘What do you expect? We didn’t exactly bring forward proof about her.’

‘What if we get proof?’ Harry speaks running a hand across his smooth chin.

‘What did you have in mind?’

‘I’ll let you know when I figure that out.’
♠ ♠ ♠
ok two quick things:

sorry for the brief hiatus but i'm back and still the one will continue to be updated on Sundays/Wednesdays!

and, sorry that it's a shorter chapter but the next will be longer and better so come back on wednesday to see what happens next! don't forget to leave comments/suggestions or recommend the story! thanks!