Still the One

LXXXVI.

Today was the day that we were flying out to Cardiff for the show tonight. I hold Bandit securely in my arms as a large blacked out SUV eases its way through the sliding wooden gate.

‘Harry, Sam’s here!’ I call out walking over to the large staircase. Harry trots his way down the stairs with his large black duffle bag thrown over his shoulder. He grabs my suitcase and his backpack before pressing the buttons to set the alarm.

‘Let’s go to Cardiff.’ He grins leaving a kiss on my forehead before he opens the door. Sam, the new tour manager, gets out of the car and meets us halfway to help with the luggage. ‘Hello.’

‘Hello, are you two doing today?’ Sam wonders slamming the trunk shut after helping Harry.

‘We’re good,’ Harry answers opening the backseat door for me, ‘you know that we’re stopping over at my mum’s right? We need to drop this little one off.’ Harry points a long, slender finger at Bandit.

‘Yes, I’m aware. Let’s get a move on. I’m sure the others will be arriving at the airfield soon.’ Sam retorts lifting himself back into the car.

I slide in first and Harry follows pulling his phone out of his tight, black jeans before sitting down. We come to a stop at Anne’s house and I follow Harry up the steps.

‘Hi, mum.’ He smiles warmly, ‘thank you for watching him while we’re gone.’

‘Of course,’ Anne briefly wraps her arms around both of us, ‘all that fast travel just wouldn’t be good for his tummy. Come on in.’

‘We better get going because Sam’s waiting out in the car. We will see you when we get back, yeh?’

‘Safe travels and Libby, look after him will you?’

‘Always.’ I assure with a smile, ‘bye Anne.’

About half an hour later, we come to a stop where the private plane waited along with other SUVs. I hop out of the car behind Harry holding onto his arm as we near the others.

‘Who’s all flying on the plane, right now?’ I ask looking up at him.

‘The fellas, Sophia, Preston, Sam, Basil, Paddy, and you. I don’t know if Niall’s bringing Melissa along or not but I am counting on it.’

‘And the rest of the team?’

‘They already flew out last night so they should have everything set up by now. Lou, the band, Lottie, Caroline, everyone.’ He replies as he focuses his green eyes on me.

‘I guess we know if Niall’s bringing Melissa now.’ I casually point a finger as Niall helps Melissa out of a sleek black car.

‘Good, I think it’s time to show Niall that he’s adoring girlfriend isn’t who he thinks she is.’ Harry leads the way up into the plane.

‘Libby!’ Sophia beams rising from her seat to greet me.

‘Soph!’ I smile throwing my arms around her thin frame, ‘We are going to have the best weekend!’

‘I know, I am buzzing right about now.’

Niall enters the plane with Melissa wrapped in his arm and the atmosphere immediately changes. Liam and Louis refused to be sucked in whatever Harry and Niall were going through right now. Melissa speaks to Liam, Louis, and Sophia before taking her seat next to Niall. Harry grumbles something under his breath before flopping down in the empty seat near the window. I sit down next to Harry, before things escalated.

‘Sssh.’ I soothe placing my hand on Harry’s thigh, ‘calm down.’

‘Fine, whatever you say.’ Harry mutters in response already looking out the window as the others get onto the plane.

‘So,’ Louis chimes clearing his throat, ‘how is everyone and what’s with all the goddamn tension?’ Niall and Harry uneasily glance at each other from across the plane.

‘Shut up.’ Liam throws his head back covering his face with his hands. ‘Don’t even start.’

‘Nice hat, Liam.’ Louis responds taking Liam’s hat off of his head before sending it soaring into Basil’s lap.

Everyone stiffs out short laughs as typical Louis eases the tension for everyone’s benefit. Harry wraps an arm around my shoulder pulling me into him.

‘It’s going to be okay.’ I assure him, ‘just relax.’

‘I love you.’ Harry leaves a gentle kiss on my temple. ‘You know that, right?’

‘I do and I love you.’ I smile resting my head on his chest.

We make it to Cardiff and as soon as we got off the plane we were taken in blacked out vans to the stadium. Harry and I head to the dressing room where Lou styles his hair for tonight’s show. Lux runs into the room with Lottie running behind her.

‘Libby!’ Lux shouts leaping into my arms nearly sending me onto the floor.

‘Hi, Lux! It’s been so long! You’ve gotten so, so big and pretty.’ I smile admiring Lux in my arms, ‘how are you babe?’

‘Good! Hi Ha-wee.’ Lux waves her tiny hand in Harry’s direction.

‘Hiiii Lux.’ Harry singsongs from his seat with a heart-warming grin.

‘Hi Lottie. I nearly forgot that you were shadowing Lou these days. What’s it like?’

‘I’ll let you know when she starts giving me the massive tasks.’

‘Patience love.’ Lou murmurs giving Harry’s back a small push, signaling he was finished, ‘get Niall in here, would you?’

‘Got it.’ Harry retorts already heading out the room.

‘Ha-wee wait.’ Lux cries, her short legs rushing to catch up with Harry down the hall. Harry bends over briefly lifting Lux in his arms causing her to squeal with excitement.

I decide to stay behind with Lou and Lottie while Harry disappeared with Lux to find Niall somewhere in the stadium. Sophia and Liam walk past the door laughing to themselves, smiling at each other.

‘It’s different.’ Lottie points out, ‘I’m still getting over Danielle being here constantly with Amy and Danielle and Perrie.’

I swallow, tugging on the strand from my tee shirt. The last I saw Danielle or Amy was when Danielle accused me of dropping her for Sophia. I had been meaning to give her a ring but I also wanted to give her some much-needed space. A part of me was also stubborn-minded, thinking that it wasn’t true and she should apologize or reach out to me.

‘It is.’ Lou chimes and I nod my head in agreement, ‘but hey what are you going to do?’

Harry and Lux come back with Niall trailing silently behind them with Melissa by his side. Melissa waves quietly to Lou and Lottie before taking a seat in the corner of the small room. Definitely too small to be filled with so much tension.

‘I am going to take a walk,’ I look at Harry as I excuse myself, ‘are you coming?’

‘Behind you.’ He nods saying something to Lux that I couldn’t hear from where I stood but I was guessing that he said something along the lines of “see you in a bit”

Harry and I decided to go sit in the empty seats at the top of the stadium, which would be soon filled with thousands of screaming fans.

‘Will you ever get used to performing to this many people?’

‘Never.’ Harry shakes his head in amazement, ‘it is the best feeling in the world honestly. I would not want to do anything else with my life. I couldn’t imagine it.’

Niall and Melissa played with Lux on the opposite side of the stadium.

‘I hope that you do whatever you’re planning soon. I hate for Niall to actually develop feelings for this girl, when she’s just using him.’

‘Tomorrow morning, she’s out of here.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi all! First off I just wanted to apologize for the lack of chapters these past few weeks but I've been traveling and haven't had the chance to write but I am back and ready to go! I hope you enjoyed chapter 86 and come back on Wednesday to see what happens next! Thanks!