Still the One

LXXXVII.

I stand backstage with Harry holding his hand as we listen to the fans shout over and over. One Direction. One Direction. One Direction. Each chant grew louder and louder. The intro music roars to life along with the frantic screams and shouts. The lights go down as the boys all huddle to each other.

‘First night back lads,’ Louis smiles excitedly, ‘let’s do this.’

‘Good luck.’ I smile quickly wrapping my arms around Harry’s neck for support, ‘I love you.’

‘I love you too.’ He replies giving me a swift kiss before getting into their nightly huddle before going on stage together.

‘Come on, let’s go out there.’ Sophia smiles as we leave backstage.

Fans shout out our names as we rush by to get to the sound area where Lou and Lottie usually stand. Melissa stands there, dressed in all black as she rocks Lux back and forth in her arms. Lux had bright pink protective headphones covering her tiny ears from the chaos of a typical One Direction show.

‘CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOUDS.’ Harry sings perfectly as the mass of fans squeals in unison.

‘Woo!’ I cheer supportively singing along as the guys tear into the first song.

Sophia and I stood together singing and recording the show with our phones. The boys run around the stage tossing water at each other along with their usually banter. Halfway into the show Louis is near where Sophia and I eagerly watched the performance with a full water bottle in his grasp.

‘Hey lads,’ He calls with a sneaky grin resting widely on his face.

‘Don’t you dare.’ I warn slowly backing up with Sophia but we were too late. Icy cold water grazed my shirt sending a cool chill down my shirt. Liam is already chasing Louis around the stage with a tiny green water gun in his hand. Niall’s face is a bright red with laughter while Harry eyes with them from his mic. Before we knew it they were closing the show with Best Song Ever.

‘Girls, come on. Time to get to the vans.’ Sam and Paddy hover over Sophia and me before the song ends. Basil was on his way to get Melissa while Alberto was waiting for Lottie, Lou, and Lux.

I walk beside Sam as the girls call out my name as I walk by quickly. A line of blacked out vans waited outside the back of the stadium, with easy access to the road ahead. Sam helps me inside of the first van while Sophia took the one behind, where Paddy would bring Liam. The door slides open moments later; to my surprise it was Melissa. I bite back an annoyed groan, staring out the black window only to see my own reflection. Basil jumps in with Louis and Niall before the van pulls off in a rush.

‘Wait, where’s Harry?’ I question leaning forward in my seat.

‘I must’ve been misinformed. Stadium security told me that it would be Niall, Louis, and Melissa in the first van going to the airfield.’ Basil turns around with confused eyes. ‘I call back and make sure he gets in with Liam and Sophia along with the band.’

I sit back in my seat, with Niall and Melissa in front of me while Louis was settled in his seat next to me. Niall wraps his arm comfortingly around Melissa as she giggles leaning her head on his shoulder. Earlier today Harry told me how Niall made a few calls and got Melissa a meeting with a modeling agency in the same building as their management’s office. It honestly disgusted me how she was using Niall, who I was at once the closest with out of the other boys. When we make it to the airfield I practically leaped out of the van to find Harry. Harry had now threw his long, dark hair into a neat bun and had replaced his long sleeve white shirt from the stage to a classic black tee shirt.

‘Harry!’ I beam wrapping my arms around his toned torso area, ‘you were so, so good up there tonight.’

‘Thank you babe.’ He smiles leaving a kiss on my forehead before leading me back to the private plane, ‘I cannot wait to get to the hotel and sleep.’

‘You can definitely say that again.’ I reply flopping down into the seat on the plane.

The moment we make it back to London, we were taken to a massive hotel. I follow Harry inside and up to our room after saying goodnight to the others. Once we get inside Harry jumps into the bed, already kicking his boots off onto the floor.

‘Don’t you want to wash the performance off of you?’ I wonder walking into the other room to turn on the shower.

‘Wait, are you asking me to join you, in the shower?’ Harry wonders sitting up instantly in the bed, ‘don’t tease me Libby.’

‘Who said I was teasing?’ I smirk pulling my shirt over my head hovering in the doorway, ‘are you coming or not?’

‘Right behind you.’ He rolls out of the bed; his black jeans were already on the floor before I could blink.

Harry’s soft, pink lips press gently against the skin on my shoulder sending butterflies swirling in my stomach. Without saying a word, Harry lifts me up and puts me on the counter across from the shower. His slender, long fingers travel up my spine teasingly as he unhooks the clasps on my bra.

‘Now, who’s teasing who?’ I laugh hopping up from the counter into his arms, locking my legs around his waist.

Nearly half an hour later, Harry and I were lying in the bed with identical smiles across our faces. ‘We haven’t done that, in the shower, in awhile.’ He points out pleased, ‘we should do it after every show, yeah?’

‘Every show?’ I giggle, nestling against his bare chest, ‘really?’

‘I’m up for it every night actually but I figured you would need at least a day’s break.’ He stiffs out a loud laugh, allowing his fingers to dance along my thigh.

‘You are so full of it, aren’t you?’ I taunt shaking my head at my boyfriend.

‘A little.’ Harry replies in return.

I don’t remember what time it was when we finally went to bed but I do know that for once Harry was the first to go. I decided to sneak a picture of him while he slept and posted it on my private Instagram account.

busy day back today xx

The next morning, Sam wakes us up bright and early to get ready for summertime ball. Harry and I pack up our overnight bags then head out the door to meet the others downstairs. We make it to Wembley Stadium to get ready for the boys’ performance, since they were opening the show. Tons of other artists were walking around backstage.

‘I have to go get dressed, take a few pictures, and do a couple of interviews but I will be back as soon as I can, all right?’ Harry looks down to look me in the eyes.

‘Okay, I’ll just be with Sophia.’

‘Bye baby.’

‘Bye bye.’ I smile heading to Liam’s dressing room to meet up with Sophia.

Sophia and I casually walk around backstage while the boys get ready. Melissa walks around with Lou and Lottie not too far from us. Melissa shoots a noticeable smirk as she throws her ombré hair over her shoulder. Whatever Harry was planning I just hoped it worked. After the boys’ set, I meet up with Harry so we could go find his cousin Ben. Ben was tall and lean with the similar Styles’ looks. I could easily see why girls were taking second glances at him as he walked.

‘Hi Ben, I haven’t seen you since the wedding!’ I smile wrapping my arms around him, ‘how are you?’

‘Good, good. You’re looking great.’ Ben responds before slapping hands with his older cousin, Harry.

‘About that favor.’ Harry eyes Melissa who was entering a tent with Lou and Lottie. ‘I think we’re ready.’

‘As long as this helps out Niall from someone fake, then I’m happy to help.’ Ben agrees folding his arms across his chest.

Harry goes in to get Lou and Lottie just as Ben enters the tent to pull Melissa aside. If we knew Melissa like we thought we knew her, it wouldn’t be long before she was throwing herself at Ben. Moments later I slip inside of the tent behind Harry, who has his phone in his hand. Of course, Melissa was already sitting down in one of the small chairs with her hand on Ben’s broad shoulder. She throws her head back with laughter at something we couldn’t hear. Melissa whispers something in Ben’s ear just as her eyes fall on us. She nearly falls out of the seat trying to distance herself from him.

‘It’s not what it looks like!’ Melissa cries pulling her large purse over her shoulder.

‘Too late.’ I wrap my arm through Harry’s so we could go find Niall and show him what we found out.
♠ ♠ ♠
hiii! it is nearly two hours into thursday but i hope you enjoyed chapter 87! remember that comments/suggestions are always welcome! come back on Sunday to see what happens next - thanks!