Still the One

XCV.

I wait in my car outside of the university’s parking lot as long as I could before dragging myself to Mr. Jacobs class. The closer I got to the room, the more I could physically feel myself getting sick. My hands felt clammy. My stomach was in knots. It felt like I had a throat full of cotton balls and I couldn’t breathe. I thought about staying home today but I knew that Harry would ask a dozen questions. I take one deep breath before rolling my shoulders back and heading to my seat. Mr. Jacobs strolls in the room taking a sip from the coffee cup in his palm.

‘Good morning, everyone. I hope that you and your creative juices are ready for a new prompt.’ Mr. Jacobs introduces turning his back to the class to jot down on the board. ‘I believe this is one of my favorite assignments I do every term because it allows me to get to know my students a bit better. I want you to write a paper on someone you love. Now, I know that this may sound a bit simple or easy but hear me out for a moment. I think with writing this paper you will see how love is fairly difficult to describe, why do we love who we love? What makes us love someone? Is it their personalities? Is it looks? It could be a number of things, which is why this assignment will be so diverse. I want to know why you love who you love. When I read each of your papers I want to love that person just as much as you do. Over the weekend I want all you to start and get your first page done so I can look over them next week.’

After Mr. Jacobs gives us the instructions for our new topic we were free to go. I quickly gather my things before heading out in a mass of other students, not even bothering to look back. I slip into my seat in communications, turning to face Christopher.

‘How’d it go after Harry and I left?’

‘Pretty great actually,’ Christopher doesn’t hide his smile while talking about Max bonding with Paul, ‘I can’t thank you and Harry enough for coming.’

‘I was so happy that I got to witness that. I for sure thought I was going to bawl at any moment.’ I laugh just as Max slides in next to Christopher. ‘Please do not tell me you two will be all coupley behind me now.’

‘We just might.’ Max taunts with a shrug, ‘now that you’ve mentioned it.’

‘You are one to talk. Harry and you practically act like there is no one in the room when you’re all over each other.’ Christopher defends.

‘Shut up.’ I laugh, turning in my seat just as the professor walks into the room.

After class, I drive straight to Glamour and head to my office to start on the revamping of the site. I drop my things on the desk before heading down to the conference room to meet with the others.

‘Alright, everyone heard Jackie – she wants this big so we need to go all out with this new design.’ Margot from design starts the staff meeting. ‘Jackie already put together assignments about what each staff member should do. Here’s everyone’s tasks.’

Libby and Quinn, we would be ensuring that all of Glamour’s favorite celebs were able to make it to the event. Jackie even had an expansive list of the people she wanted there. Bloggers, models, musicians, actors. We would have to call everyone’s publicist or management to make sure they could come. It was definitely going to be difficult to get as many people as possible at the same place on the same day. Quinn and I start by cutting the list of names in half to start calling. By the time the work day was finished I was exhausted and ready to lie in bed next to Harry.

‘You’re home.’ Harry calls from the sofa with Bandit on his lap, casually stroking his fur. ‘how was your day?’

‘Well, for my writing class our new assignment is to write about someone we love so I thought I would do it on you.’

‘Really?’ Harry grins, running a hand over the light stubble on his chin, I could tell he was holding back his famous dimple filled smile, ‘I’d be honored.’

‘Of course. I couldn’t think of anyone more fitting for such a prompt.’ I squeeze on the sofa beside him touching Bandit’s fur, ‘what did you do today?’

‘Well, I sat down with the Azoff’s again. I think I’m going to talk with Simon over at Syco about my options while we’re on this hiatus.’

‘So you’re going to go through with it?’

‘Yeah, I think so.’ He nods, I could tell how nervous he was about putting out music without the boys but he was ready for this. I had complete faith in him.

‘I am so proud of you.’ I beam wrapping my arms around him, ‘if anyone can do it, it’s you.’

‘Thank you baby.’

As Harry’s scribbling down lyrics in his little brown journal, I decide to work on my writing assignment. Harry quietly hummed melodies, his soft pink bottom lip pulled between his teeth. He takes a spare hand from my thigh to run it through his long hair. I just admired him so much. Glancing at Harry so often, I managed to type a pretty solid rough draft to submit to Mr. Jacobs.

‘I completely forgot to ask if you wanted to go to LA with me this weekend.’ Harry speaks after awhile, taking his deep green eyes off of his journal. ‘I’m meeting with Christopher Nolan, filming is supposed to start soon so he wanted to sit down face-to-face.’

‘I would love to go with you.’ I nod immediately, closing my laptop. ‘I could use a break from classes and Glamour.’

‘Alright it’s settled then. We’ll leave tomorrow night when you come home from work. We can take Bandit with us too.’

‘Okay, I can see if I can leave a bit early so we could catch an earlier flight.’

‘You just pack your things and leave the rest to me.’

I rush to throw a few outfits together and carefully place them into my suitcase then take it downstairs. Harry was busy on his laptop, heating up dinner from earlier while trying to get us a flight. I leave all of my things that I’ll need in the morning out so I could pack them later. Bandit strolls past me into the room where he curls up into his bed, unknowingly reminding me that I should pack a few things for him too.

‘I’m going to bed so I will see you when you finish.’ I say poking my head in front of Harry’s screen to give him a kiss.

‘Alright, I’ll be up in a bit.’ He smiles, ‘I love you.’ Harry calls as I make it up the stairs.

‘I love you.’

Harry’s Point of View

After booking our flight and finding a hotel, I quietly tiptoe around the room to pack my bag. I was careful not to assault Libby’s slumber as she she had her arms draped over my pillow. After taking a shower I collapse into bed beside her. Slightly offended, I grab the pillow and toss it near the edge of the bed where she immediately wraps her arms around me. I smile to myself, leaving a kiss on her forehead.

‘Much better.’