Still the One

XCVI.

I hold Bandit securely in my arms while I follow Harry through the crowded LAX. With the help of airport’s security, we make it to the blacked out SUV that Harry had waiting for us. I exhale deeply looking out the window as the paparazzi aggressively shove their cameras at the windows. The driver honks his horn, clearly annoyed at all the people in the way. The security push everyone back long enough so the driver can hurry down the busy highway.

‘You’re okay, it’s okay.’ Harry smiles giving my hands several kisses, sensing my nervousness. ‘I’m sorry about that. I know how in-your-face they can be.’

‘It’s just really intense.’ I breathe, feeling at ease now that we were far away from the chaotic hotel.

‘Now we can go to the hotel and relax. I do have to go meet up with Christopher Nolan but we could get some dinner or something.’

‘Okay, I’m probably just going to rest while you’re gone. I was just too excited to sleep on the plane but now I feel exhausted.’

‘Okay, I shouldn’t be too long.’ Harry leans forward to stroke Bandit’s fur while glancing out the window.

‘I still cannot believe that you’re going to be starring in a Christopher Nolan movie, that is huge.’

‘I get nervous thinking about it.’ Harry admits, ‘I mean, me, in an actual movie.’

‘Well, don’t make it sound so unbelievable.’ I tease, ‘they wouldn’t consider you if they didn’t think you were up for the challenge. You got this.’

‘I don’t know I would do this if you weren’t by my side.’ He comments leaning over to kiss my temple. ‘Thank you.’

‘Good thing you’ll never have to worry about that.’

We finally make it to this impeccable hotel, clearly one of the best in LA. I follow Harry through the lobby in amazement, holding onto Bandit securely. I easily place Bandit in his bed in the corner of the room while Harry sets down the bags. I watch as he unbuttons his shirt and kicks out of his jeans for a quick shower before his meeting.

‘You know, you could join me – if you want.’ He smirks hovering in the expansive doorway.

‘What makes you think I want to join you?’

‘That look on your face.’ Harry taunts grabbing a hold of my wrist, ‘or am I completely wrong?’

‘Not completely.’ I fill in the gap between our lips, snaking my arms around his neck.

I wrap a complimentary fluffy hotel towel around me as Harry scrambles around the room to get dressed. He pulls his wet hair back into a bun tugging on his jeans.

‘I’m sorry I had to rush through at the end there.’ He teases shoving his feet down into a pair of boots, ‘I promise to make it up to you later tonight.’ Even though Harry’s in a rush, he jogs over to me leaving a kiss on my forehead before hurrying to pull a navy blue shirt over his head, ‘I love you.’

‘I love you.’ I call just as he shuts the door.

Harry’s Point of View

After my meeting with Christopher, I felt ecstatic. Not even the paparazzi could bring my mood down. I slip into the SUV, ready to go back to the hotel and get ready for dinner with Libby.

‘Hey, baby, I’m ba-…’ I stop midsentence, noticing the girl fast asleep in bed. Bandit was happily curled in his bed, not even caring to acknowledge my presence. She put on one of my tee shirts that I brought with me. She clung to the pillow in bed beside her with this cute little pout thing going on. ‘I guess we can order room service.’ I murmur to myself, going over to the phone to order Libby’s favorites. I tell them, not to bring it up just yet so they wouldn’t disrupt her slumber. I pull my shirt over my head before climbing into bed next to her. I throw the sheets over our legs, throwing an arm around her frame.

‘You’re back.’ Her eyes flutter, noticing my company. ‘How’d it go?’

‘I officially got it.’ I smile as she gasps with excitement, ‘I’m going to be starring in a movie with none other than Mr. Tom Hardy.’

‘Tom Hardy?’ She nearly squeals, ‘I am so proud and happy for you. Do you still want to go out and celebrate?’

‘Actually, I like this – if you don’t mind. I already have room service coming up in a bit.’

‘I like the sound of that.’ Libby moves the pillow aside to squeeze under my arm. ‘When will filming start?’

‘The end of this month actually.’ I confess, feeling somewhat guilty. With this break I was supposed to be around more but now I signed up for something so time-consuming. ‘We’ll figure it out, right?’

‘We always do.’ She nods with a small smile.



Libby’s Point of View

Unfortunately, the weekend went by before we knew it. I tiredly get out of bed to get ready for class and Glamour. We got into London what felt like a few hours ago. I was actually jealous of Harry, fast asleep in the comfortable bed. I wish that I could actually just lay with him for a few more hours at least. I make it to Mr. Jacobs class with enough time look over my first draft on my paper. He gave us the prompt to write about a person we love. I thought Harry was easily the most fitting for such a prompt.

‘Morning all. I want you to go ahead and begin on the next portion of your papers in class today while I look over everyone’s first draft. I hope that you all dug extremely deep and poured your hearts out with this assignment.’ Mr. Jacobs announces as he goes around the room collection everyone’s papers. I hesitantly hand him over my assignment, still feeling somewhat uneasy around him. I just couldn’t shake the idea of him having some alternative motive. I just wanted to be wrong. I glance up during class to see Mr. Jacobs sitting at his desk with his red pen pulled between his teeth. He notices my stare, raising his head with a curious expression. The girls behind me quietly giggle, thinking his was staring in their direction. ‘Okay, everyone – I feel like a lot of you are trying a bit too hard for this project. It shouldn’t definitely feel forced. I want all of this to be natural. So if I made some suggestions on your paper, please consider it.’ He says, leaning against his podium. ‘We’re just going to wrap up for the day, so everyone come get your assignments.’

I kept pushing myself back in line, not wanting to face Mr. Jacobs. The two girls behind eye me narrowly, trying to be the last ones in the class. I swallow as the guy in front mutters a “have a good day” before walking out.

‘Ah, Libby – here’s yours. I must say that I’m somewhat disappointed with your work which is unusual in comparison with what I’ve read this term thus far. I just feel like choosing Harry Styles is a bit predictable and safe. Your writing has so much potential, beyond your famous boyfriend. You shouldn’t settle.’ He comments slowly extending my paper to me, ‘Maybe you should consider on getting a new person of interest.’

I thank him anyway being respectable when I really wanted to tell him where he could put my assignment. I hurry to communications, sliding in front of Christopher and Max.

‘You seem tense.’ Max comments, slanting forward in his seat. ‘Is everything okay?’

‘Yeah, everything’s fine.’ I plaster a smile on my face, turning in my seat just as the lecture starts. ‘Everything’s fine.’ I repeat one more time to myself, praying that I’d believe it sooner or later.