Red Chest Plate

I see your scars

I watched as she unclicked the metal plate from her chest, and let it fall to the floor. I could hear the distinct clang, as it washed over me with its vibrant timbers. I glanced down, and noted the red stains on the inside of the plate. The stain had taken on a shade of dark burgundy, instead of bright red, due to the amount of time it was splashed over the metal.

I looked away from the bloody plate to stare at my own protection. My keys lay over on the desk. I notice how they didn't have a single drop of color on them besides gold. I couldn't remember the last time the trinkets had went through any harm. A shaky smile graced my face.

Of course my keys wouldn't, she would rather stand in dangers way.

A dry giggle escaped from my lips.

"Is there something on your mind?" the woman asked, from she stood in the middle of my room.

I glanced back over at the red head and noticed now the rest of her armor was missing, as she stood bare and proud before my gaze. I could clearly see now what the metal hid from normal view. Jagged scars placed over her chest, almost a kiss away from where rosy pink nubs rested. A couple gashes running across her thighs, as if they didn't know where to stop. Sadly, some things even her armor couldn't stop.

"Nothing. How was the mission?"

The red head made her way over to my bed and sat down on the edge beside me. I could do nothing, but stare into her eyes and place my hand over hers. I noticed just for a second, as she began to speak, that they seemed to be rougher than before.

"It was fairly easy, just a couple of rouge bandits that had to be rounded up. Natsu did most of the work."

Lie.

Her hand held to many callouses from wielding her sword to hard. Not to mention seven new scars littered her body, bright pink against her pale skin.

I break contact with her eyes to glance over at her chest plate against my closet door. The stain looked even more revolting than it did just a few moments ago, if that was even possible. As if it was slightly mocking me about how it got there in the first place.

"That's good to hear. We should go to bed."

As I scoot back to lean my head against the pillows, I see her eyes following where mines where at just a second ago. Her mouth slips out the smirk she had, into a slight grim. She snatches her head around and begins to open her mouth.

"Lucy noth-"

"-I love you. Just go to sleep okay?"

Pain shadows her face and one tear slips down. She gives me a shaky smile before lying down beside me, and pulling me up against her chest. My sight was muffled by my face being mashed against her neck, but that didn't stop the trembling I felt coming off her body. I could do nothing as I knew she needed to get over this on her own.

All I can do is wash the chest plate for her in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was my first try at a fairy tail fanfic, and i did it in the middle of early morning. I was surprised that it ended up being my first yuri, but I'm not disappointed