I Need You Now

Perfect

~ Josh's POV ~ 

After last night and the truth coming out about me and Max I felt really good about things. 

We arrived at Brixton Academy for the first of three shows early the next morning. Me and Max fell asleep together in the living room after watching a film. Max was currently lying on top of my bare chest,listening to my heartbeat. It was pounding fast as I felt like I was on top of the world right now. 
Max nuzzled his head further into my chest as he whimpered slightly trying to get comfy. 
'Morning babe' I whispered down to him. He raised his head and placed his hands on my chest to lean up to look at me directly. 
'Morning beautiful' He smiled at me. He leaned down and kissed my cheek. 
'You seem better' I told him because it wad true,he seemed brighter and more himself. 
'Yeah,I just can't wait for this tour to be over and done with' He admitted. I felt the same way,it had been fairly long tour and very tiring,to say the least it was eventful. 
'Same here' I smiled at him. I wondered in some way what would happen after this with me and Max,but I wasn't going to ask as it might change his mood and I loved seeing him this happy   for once. 
'We need to get up' I told him as I rested up on my elbows almost making him slip down my chest but he latched onto my arm. 
'Noo,I'm comfy,Josh don't make me move' He whinned begging me to stay. If it was up to me I would but we needed to get ready in general and for the show. It was the first night at Brixton Academy which meant we were back home. I felt good about the show tonight,I could tell the vibes were pretty good between all of us meaning that tonights show was gonna be good as well. 
'Max' I looked down at him.
'Yes' He looked up innocently. 
'Get the fuck off me' I demanded 
'Joshie' He went all cute. 
'Max,please,we need to get-'
'Oi! Loverboys get your arses up now,sound check in twenty!' Dan shouted up the stairs to us. 
Max began to laugh. 
'See,now get up' He did as I said he rushed off and get dressed. 
I got dressed myself in the back room fairly quickly. 
We passed eachother in the corridor in between the bunks. 
It was a tight squeeze and I kissed him on the forehead as we passed by one another. 

We were soon ready in twenty minutes and made are way inside Brixton Academy. 

Within minutes we were up on stage going through tonight's line up of songs. 
We were half way through 'Kiss & Tell' when I noticed Max get slightly dizzy. The others looked to me for answers. I just shrugged at all of them. 
'You should hit the back of the line' I sung ending the song. 
We all looked to Max as he sat on a nearby speaker. 
'Feeling alright?' Matt asked being the nearest one to him. 
'Yeah,yeah,just a bit dizzy you know' He told us all. 
'You sure? You eaten this morning?' Chris asked as he stood next to me. 
'Course I have eaten' I could tell he had lied,he looks to the floor when he lies. 
'Come to think of it' Dan stood up as he began 'I haven't seen you eat in ages' He told us all as he made his way in front of his drum kit. 
'Since when did you watch what I eat' He sounded hacked off. 
'I don't,I just haven't seen you eat recently' Dan explained 
'Max' I went stern with him. I looked at him and he looked away,I knew he was lying. 
'Yes' He said staring at the floor. 
'Lift up your shirt' I demanded 
'Wha-'
'You heard me,lift up your shirt'
'But Jos-'
'Do it' 
He looked up at me innocently as if to get me to change my mind,but I didn't. He placed his guitar down. He slowly began to lift up his shirt. He didn't look at anyone as he fully took his shirt off and placed it beside his guitar. 
We all stood staring at his chest and stomach area. Beside there being scars around his hips and a few scratches we could all see his rib cage. I never knew he was so thin,he had always worn layers of clothing,it made him look less boney than he really was. In some way I felt sorry for him,being so fragile like that. 
'Oh,Max' Matt placed his hand over his mouth. 
'I am fine' He grabbed his shirt and attempted to place his shirt back on,he got too frustrated and couldn't put his shirt back on. He threw it to the ground in anger. 
I went over and picked his shirt up,I gave it back to him. 
He placed his shirt back on. After he did so,he buried his head into my chest and I held his head into my chest to comfort him. Dan went to say something but I just shook my head,Dan nodded and went back behind his drums. 
'Max,babe,let us help' I whispered down at him. He looked up with his big brown eyes,he looked fairly upset. 
'Josh' He came out from my chest and faced the others. He held his arms out as if he was going to be crucified. 
'Well,do you have anything to say to me or what' His arms fell to his sides as he finished speaking. 
'Just please,eat something' Chris told him. I agreed,I think we all did. 
'I just..' Max's voice trailed off. 
'Go on' Dan encouraged 
'I feel like I am always compared to you lot,you are all perfect and so nice.I just needed to look better,more perfect' He told us. 
I smiled at him in sympathy. He smiled back at me. 
'Max,you are perfect the way you are' I smiled at him as he blushed slightly. 
'Max,you are fine the way that you are,you don't need to be perfect and none of us are perfect,I mean come on' Dan joked grinning. 
'Yeah,I mean and here I thought Dan was the gay one' Matt pointed out. 
'Haha,not helping' Dan snapped at Matt. 
'Has I point,life us unexpected and not perfect,the unexpected part being that Dan isn't gay' Chris added to what Matt said.
Dan folded his arms in protest as he sat on his stool behind the drum kit. 
'See Max' I nudged him with my elbow. 
'You need meat on those bones' Chris told him. 
'Okay' Max didn't sound too sure but I went with it. 
'Right,so KFC?' Matt asked 
'You and chicken' Dan smiled 
'You and men' He retorted. 

To me his pick on Dan being gay came across almost homophobic. 
I couldn't tell wether Max felt the same way about what he was saying,something just didn't seem right to me. 
I decided not to question him or ask Max his opinion as things where going fairly alright between us all since the truth came out,but then again Matt's attitude has changed a quite a fair bit about me and Max. 
We shall have to see what happens I thought
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know why but I kinda hate this chapter so much
but what can you do eh? Hope you like it though! :D

Please Comment!