I Need You Now

Knowing

~ Josh's POV ~ 
As soon as I got off from the stage I looked around to find Max and see if he was okay after earlier. During the show I noticed he kept itching his sleeve  in between songs,Matt asked him about it but Max never answered him. 
Dan stood before me shirtless as ever and high-fived me. 
'Good show tonight mate' He breathed regaining his breath. 
'Yeah,good vibes,uh have you seen Max mate?' I wanted to get straight to the point,I continued to look around as I spoke. 
'Oh yeah,he went to have a fag out back I think,yeah,he has been pretty down all day' So the guys noticed he wasn't himself. 
'Cool,thanks,I'm gonna check on him' I shoved past all the guys and crew to reach the backstage door. I pushed the door open. 
I looked around into the darkness  to find Max. I began to walk. I walked around the corner to see him sat on the ground crying as he sucked the life out of his fag. 
He looked up at me and then to the ground. 
'You alright?' I asked him as I took a seat next to him. 
'No,I am annoyed' He stated not looking at me once. 
'At me' I looked at him as he cocked his head immediately. 
'No,never,never at you' I began to laugh as he spoke so quickly. 
'Good to know' I shoved him with my shoulder. 
'I'm annoyed at everyone but you Josh' I smiled. 
'Tell me,please' I urged him. 
'They just keep asking me about how I feel,but I know how I feel I just don't want to say it' He explained to me. 
'But you have told me,right?' He stayed utterly silent 'Right?' 
He hung his head,I knew exactly why 'Max?'
'I didn't,I didn't tell you' He mumbled as he got out another fag. 
'Tell me,tell me now,please' I begged him,I had to know. 
'I can't,I just can't Josh' 
'Max,please,don't keep yourself to yourself,speak to me' He turned to face me,I saw the tears in his eyes,I instantly want to pull him into a hug and make his pain go numb,but I couldn't. 
'I can't,you would hate me,I can't live with you hating me' He sobbed as his body turned to face me. 
'I could never hate you' I smiled holding back to tears I wanted to shed. 
'You can and you would' He just continued to look at me. 
'Max,I want to know,we have been friends for years,you can tell me anything' I encouraged him to tell me. 
'You promise,you won't hate me'
I nodded being eager to know. 
'I-I..J-Josh...I...think..I...dunno' He stumbled. 
'Max' I placed my hand on his shoulder. 
'Josh,just promise me' He looked deep into my eyes. 
'I promise' 

He took a breath. 
I saw his face tense up because what he was about to say was clearly important to him. 
He took one more breath then discarded and then looked to me.
'Josh' He breathed 'I think I,I think I' He looked into my eyes in hope of not to break our contact. 
'Max' I leaned closer 
'I think I like you' 
'Well of course you do' I laughed diverting away from my flushing cheeks as I knew exactly what he meant. 
'No,Josh-'
'I know' I stopped him mid sentence
'What?'
'I know' 
'Know what?' He was growing impatient with me. 
'I know you like me' I smiled 
'But not in that-'
I connected out lips instantly to shut him up. Although I could taste his recent fag on his lips that moment was utterly perfect in every way. We pulled away and smiled at each other. 

'I know because I like you too' I whispered as we sat in utter darkness only seeing each others smiling faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment!