Verdana

First Mission!

Byaku: Well? What’s the news?

Ichoshi: Your squad is being shipped to their first battle in four days.

Byaku: Really! … Wait… what squad?

Ichoshi: ? *looks at Toh* you didn’t tell him who’s in the squad?

Toh: No, he was freaking out about the two months.

Ichoshi: Well, that is something to freak out about. Byaku the members of your squad are… Toh,

Iruma, Hato, Innes and your commanding officer Sgt. Karu.

Byaku: Karu? Why does that name sound familiar?

Ichoshi: He is the one who risked his life to save your brother.

Byaku and Toh: !!

???: And failed.
*man walks into room*

Karu: He would still be with us if I had been quicker.

Ichoshi: Karu we’ve been through this before. No one expected Kissaki to infiltrate the base. We don’t even know how he did it.

Byaku: He can control the earth. He probably traveled through the ground.

Ichoshi: Byaku? How do you know this?

Byaku: Kissaki was the one I fought during the test. When he picked a spot for us to fight, He didn’t destroy the trees in the way, he moved them.

Ichoshi: I see… so, he’s an earth adept.

Toh: Earth adept? I’ve never heard of earth adeptation.

Ichoshi: The human body has many minerals, which the body takes in order to manipulate or even create certain things. The different things to control means different minerals to take. Earth usually requires water, sunlight, and air. The water comes from your body’s water supply which your body has plenty of. Sunlight and air come with consequences. Sunlight will take minerals from your eyes meaning if you push yourself you will go blind. Finally, air is the most dangerous, the body will take the air from your lungs if you use a huge attack while exhaling or afterwards your body will take your oxygen stopping your breathing immediately. This is why earth adeptation is so rare. It requires someone who can keep their cool and can completely control their breathing.

Toh: What does fire require?

Ichoshi: Fire is a complete mystery. No one knows what the body needs to take for fire. You need to be careful when using it.

Toh: …

Byaku: But every adept has an opposite right? What’s earths?

Karu: Well, if I calculated everything correctly, if you used fire it would be doused by the water. Wind would be canceled by the air. But, if you were a powerful enough lightning adept you could overpower the sunlight, rip through the air and electrify the water.

Byaku: *whispers* Lightning huh?

Ichoshi: Well enough about that. Time for the briefing. Hitaki seems to have his eyes on the Shōkajiin for classified reasons.

Toh: Figures.

Karu: Humph. They won’t even tell me why.

Ichoshi: Anyways, he is sending roughly 10,000 troops to claim an artifact, and if possible claim the temple. Now I don’t know what he wants that artifact for, but I sure as hell don’t plan on finding out. You all have four days to prepare, use them wisely. At 0600 I want all of you at HQ to be sent into battle. Till then Toh. *nods at Toh, Toh salutes* See you at home Byaku.
*Ichoshi and Karu leave*