Hellbound and Heartless

Bad News And Coffin troubles

Chris' eyes widened, and there was suddenly a lot of tension.

“Evangeline found us while we were hunting. She's come to warn us.”

The girl, who I could only assume was Evangeline, stepped forward.

“I mean you no harm, I swear. I've come to you for one thing, and one thing only.”

Chris' face didn't change at all. He looked as if he were on guard.

“Speak then, so that you may leave immediately.”

He spoke in a low harsh tone, almost growling. It was menacing, in contrast to earlier, which was soft and gentle.

“Michael and his clan are plotting an attack on your estate. My sisters told me that they plan on overpowering you and your clan, then the angels and demons as well , so that they can be the most powerful beings in existence.”

Chris only seemed to become more enraged at the news, his jaw tightening and his fists clenching.

“When will they attack?”
“On the day of the blood moon, at nightfall.”
“Shit.”

He looked back at her.
“Thank you for notifying us. It was kind of you, not to mention quite daring.”
“It really is no problem at all, my sisters don't know I have come.”
“Well, we appreciate it greatly.”

She bowed her head, backing towards the door.

“I will go now, and leave you to prepare. My job is done.”

When she was gone, Josh closed the door, making sure to lock it.

“What are we going to do?” asked Angelo.

Chris looked to him, then back to the floor.

“We prepare to fight. But for now, we sleep. Dawn is just moments away.”

He looked at me, extending his hand.

“Come Ricky, I will show you to your room.”

I followed him up the stairs to the second floor, passing several rooms. I began to wonder how I would ever remember where my room was, or where anything else was. I could easily get lost in this house. We finally stopped, and he opened a door to our left.

“Well, this is your room. I hope you feel at home here.”

With that said, he turned and left. I didn't even get to say thank you, he was gone in the blink of an eye. He hadn't bothered to say good night, or even see you later. For some weird reason, that actually upset me. I've only known Chris for a few hours, and somehow I've grown attached to him. I don't suppose that's a good thing.

Upon looking around the very large room, I noticed that it looked like any other bedroom. The only difference was that instead of there being a bed, there was a large black coffin. It would've been nice if he had told me how this works. It couldn't be that difficult, could it? It's only a coffin.

I walked over to it, running my fingers along the shiny ebony surface. I could see that the sun was starting to rise through the blinds in the window, and knew I had to hurry up. I sighed, opening the coffin and getting in. Lying there with my fingers grasping the lid, I hesitated. I don't know how I would feel with closing it. I sure as hell couldn't leave it open, the sunlight would definitely reach me, and I didn't want to think about what could possibly happen if it did. So I finally pulled it closed.

It was awful. For the first five minutes, I tried extremely hard to get comfortable, but failed miserably. It felt like I was going to suffocate, even though I knew I couldn't. It took me about an hour to finally fall asleep, and I couldn't stay that way. I continued to toss and turn all night, or all day rather. One thing was for sure, this was going to take an awful long time to get used to.