The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Con: Living

It's like I've been asleep for a long time. My eyes don't want to open, it feels like there's a one hundred pound weight on my chest. All I hear is a constant beep, beep, beep. In time with my heart.

I feel like I got hit by a truck.

Oh wait.

I did.

- - -

A few days go by, I wake up enough for the doctors to tell me I fractured a rib which punctured my lung. They fixed it and whatever, I don't know how but they did. I don't care enough about the details. Point is, I'm not dead. But I want to be.

- - -

I recover with therapy. A month has gone by and I'm going back to school. No one knows I meant to get hit by that truck. Everyone thinks it was an accident. So when I get back, people ask me how I am and if I'm all right. Too bad none of them are even my friends. But I'm nice with my answers, because it's one thing to be known as a loner and another thing to be known as a bitch without friends. Because then there would be a reason why I have no friends instead of people just thinking I'm okay with being alone.

- - -

"Do any of you believe that maybe we all take life for granted?" Ms. Lucen asks the class. "Not all of it is as bad as teens think."

Except she's wrong. There are a lot of things wrong with life. There's really no point. When you have no one except for yourself, it's a dark world. People say there are pros and cons to everything, but I'm pretty sure "life" isn't included.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just an intro, I know it's short but I just want to see what people think of the overall idea. This story is literally going to go through basically the good sides and bad sides to life. And not all the chapters will be formatted like this, it's just an intro like I said.

Comments with thoughts and criticism would be great, thank you.
- Katelyn