Incestual Orgies and Other Fond Memories

Memories And Morning Coffee

The boys had returned from Alex’s house. It was supposed to be Alex’s “family time” but, as Jack had rightfully claimed, “We’re your family too. It’s not right you get to go away and leave us pining.” Alex had relented and allowed them to tag along. Besides, any attempts to leave the boys behind would have only resulted in sad tears and returning to a trashed apartment. Rian was generally the one to clean up, but in the absence of Alex he would definitely go on strike, leaving the empty takeaway cartons and sweaty clothes to pile up. And Alex really didn’t fancy coming home to a place that stunk of alcohol, sweat, and gone off food. It was bad enough on the days they did clean up- god only knows what a week of slowly building up mess would result in.

Some exotic new infectious disease probably, spawned from the mountain of half-finished Chinese food and left to spread rampant around the city.

So they’d followed him to his parents’ house. Luckily his mum knew how close they were and just laughed, ruffling their hair fondly before heading to the kitchen to make welcome cookies.

To her credit, her good natured hospitality refused to wane; even after Jack used up the entire houses supply of toilet roll to mummify Zack.

And that was why Alex loved his family. Most people his age hated theirs; they argued too much over their futures, work, and irrelevant rubbish. Zack was a prime example of this. His father hated that Zack skateboarded and, despite Zack having a well-paid part time job whilst juggling University work, thought he was lazy and stupid for trying to pursue a career not in manual labour. After a huge fight about eight months ago, Zack had left, moved in with Alex, Rian, and never gone back.

The boys had always been close, ever since high school. It was only after they were supposed to part way, did they really begin to experience the brotherhood they had now. The start of Uni should have been the end for them. Alex and Rian were continuing education, Zack was supposed to be getting a job, and Jack had planned a “gap year”- otherwise known as “sitting at home playing video games and eating too many onion rings”.

But fate, apparently, wouldn’t let them go so easily. Over summer, Alex and Rian found out they’d got into the same University. Obviously the two were euphoric with happiness. Alex had enough money saved to be able to put a few months’ rent down on an apartment and they quickly moved in, thrilled with the novelty of having their own place.

When Jack found out what was happening, he didn’t even ask the pair about it. He simply packed his bags (or at least got his mum to do it for him) and was lying on the sofa, shoes all over the cushions, when Alex returned from class.

“He’s been here an hour and already all the cheesy crisps are gone.” Greeted Rian mournfully.

Jack just waved an orange crumb-dusted hand in Alex’s direction before turning back to the tv.

“His bags are in your room. I’m not sharing a bed with that blanket stealing lanky lump.”

Alex rolled his eyes in response. “Don’t think you’re sharing my bed you fucking waster.”

His warning went unnoticed. Jack obeyed and slept on the sofa for two and a half nights. On the third however, Alex was woken up at stupid o clock in the morning by a very naked Jack crawling into his bed, giving the excuse “the sofa’s too small for my legs.”

“Shouldn’t be so fucking gangly then, should you.” Muttered Alex before turning over and going back to sleep.

This continued for several more days until Rian went in to drag Alex into a semi-conscious state to go to class one morning.

“Lex, if you don’t get the hell up and get some goddamn coffee in you I swear to god-”

He was interrupted momentarily by the slightly adorable, slightly worrying sight of his two boxer-clad best friends entwined around each other, the duvet tangled round their ankles. Smirking to himself, he did what any good friend would do and took a picture for future blackmail purposes, before grabbing the mug of leftover cold coffee residing on the bedside table and tipping it over Alex’s hair.

The effect was instantaneous- Alex shot straight up in bed, knocking a disgruntled Jack to the floor (he didn’t wake, simply rolled onto his stomach and began to snore) and crossed his arms frantically across his bare chest.

Although amusing at the time, after further pondering of the reaction, Rian put it down to traumatic preceding’s after he once poured coffee on Alex in a previous waking up attempt only to later realise the coffee was freshly made.

Once Alex had realised he wasn’t under attack from any steaming beverages this time and that he had approximately minus five minutes to get out the door for class, he leapt up, grabbing a t-shirt and sweatpants before flinging himself bodily through the front door.

Rian had to let him in five minutes later for Alex to get a pair of trainers after running all the way down to the ground floor before recognising he was in bare feet.

An exhausted and disheveled Alex returned several hours later. His mood wasn’t improved when he saw the new flat décor. In fact, he went absolutely mental at Rian.

“I thought you’d like it!” Rian defended. “It has a certain… understated homosexual air to it. I thought it was quite distinguished.”

Alex just glared and started ripping down the half-naked photos of himself and Jack from the walls.

Jack emerged from the bedroom rubbing his eyes and pulling on one of Alex’s t-shirts. He saw what
Rian had done and snorted with laughter, before running back to the sanctuary of the bedroom after
Alex chucked screwed up pictures at him, yelling about how he was going to wait until Rian was out then rub his ball sack over his pillow.

Needless to say, Rian bought a new pillowcase two days later.

Even now, a year later, if you look under the sofa it’s guaranteed you can find at least two or three of the original pictures.

Jack was relocated back to the couch. At least, he was, for a week. Rian found them both curled up together the next time he went in to rub ketchup in Alex's hair as punishment for the pillowcase incident.

He decided not to say anything. Bed linen was expensive.