The Opportunity Has Just Begun

Secretly Scared

When I woke up Sid was slumped in the chair where Adam had been the last I knew. He stared intensely at something on his phone but the moment I moved his head shot up.

"Hey," he slipped his phone away and moved over to sit on the edge of my bed.

I wasn't exactly sure what came over me but before I could stop myself I was throwing my arms around him. Just some part of me wanted him to be there.

"Are you ok?" He wrapped his arms around me.
"I am scared," I would never have admitted that to anyone other than Sid. He understood me, he brought himself back to my level and helped me whenever I needed it. Right now, I needed him.
"Dan told us what's going on... Cam?" He set me up straight so I would look at him, "hey don't worry," he cupped my face as I began to cry.

I had been trying to hide how worried I truly was from everyone else but with Sid that wasn't an option. He knew me all too well.

"What am I going to do?" I mumbled looking at him for answers because Sid always knew what to do.
"Don't worry," he pulled me back into his embrace, "we are here to help you, we will figure it out and we will help," he ran his hand up and down my back helping me relax, "ok?"
"Ok," I sobbed. I didn't pull away though. I wanted to stay wrapped in his arms until it all went away.

“Where did Adam go?” I finally pulled away after collecting myself.
“He had a game but said he would be back tomorrow morning. He left you those,” he pointed to the table on the other side of my bed where a bouquet of flowers sat.
“Oh wow,” I leant over and grabbed the box
“I think I can look past the rival thing, he is a nice guy,” Sid pulled the chair closer so we could talk face to face.
“Yeah he is isn’t he?” I admired the beautiful flowers before setting them back down.

“So apart from the collapsing how was lunch?” he grabbed the remote and turned on the television up in the corner of the room.
“Yeah it was good,” I couldn’t help but smile as he flicked on the New Jersey, Vancouver game, “did you have to?”
“Sure did,” he smiled.

I really did miss Sid when he wasn’t around. No matter how awkward he could be for others with me nothing was more relaxing then spending time with him.

I sat back and watched the television, not really watching it more just staring at it.

Sure I liked Adam but it was probably just a little crush. He was cute, he was nice but that was it. He would probably be the smartest person to want to pursue but right now I couldn’t say that was what I wanted.

“Is Geno still coming over for dinner on Thursday?” I shifted.
“As far as I know, why wouldn’t he be?”
“Because I haven’t been the world’s nicest person to him lately so I thought maybe he didn’t want to come anymore.”
“No but he did say you invited Oksana.”
“Yeah well I don’t see why Geno should come over for dinner and just leave her there,” I shrugged, “it’s kind of mean.”
“Well they don’t have the best relationship.”
“But still it’s one night and if it doesn’t work then she doesn’t have to come over again. Besides Geno says she doesn’t have any friends here maybe I could try.”
“They do fight a lot about her not liking America and wanting to go home,” Sid looked at me with a warm smile.
“Exactly and I want to be a good friend. I owe at least that to him.”

There was a knock at the door and Geno appeared a mix of worry and sadness all over his face.

“Hey,” Sid spoke up, “I thought you guys were going to bed.”
“Couldn’t sleep,” he grumbled, “I come in?”
“Sure,” I shifted unsure as to why he was here because he couldn’t sleep.

“Here G, sit here,” Sid stood up.
“No is ok,” he walked into the room with his hands behind his back.
“No I am going to get going anyways, I will be back in the morning ok?” he lent down and gave me a hug.
“Ok, I will see you tomorrow.”

We both watched as Sid walked out the room before Geno sat down pulling a tiny plush penguin out.
“Here,” he placed it on the bed, “make you feel better.”
“Thanks,” I took the little penguin and admired it. It was the cutest little thing ever, with chubby cheeks, a fat belly and big blue eyes, “it’s cute.”
“Knew you like it,” he finally smiled.

I had to admit I didn’t like it when Geno was down in the dumps. I knew a lot of the time lately it had been my fault that he had looked so sad but seeing a small smile on his face made me feel a lot better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you guys think of this? Should Cameron and Oksana get along? Maybe Oksana and Geno will break up? I don't know guys, opinions?