The Opportunity Has Just Begun

Keeping My Mouth Shut

“Cam you need to hurry, we will be late, it's 8 o’clock already!” Sid called from outside my room.
“I am going as fast as I can,” I rushed around my room trying to find something to wear but in being unsuccessful I was going to seek help elsewhere.

“Sid can you pick something for me,” I pulled the door open leaving my underwear clad body free to his eyes.
“Sorry,” he covered his eyes, “I didn't see anything.”
“Sid it's ok you've seen me in the locker room before just I don't know what to where,” I yanked his hand away.
“Ok.”

“Should I wear a dress or just jeans?” I turned around and caught him staring, mouth open just a little.
“Umm,” his jaw clamped shut, “dress.”
“Ok well then which one?” I held two up in front of me so maybe he would pay attention to the clothes and not me.
“White one,” he gulped.
“Good because that was the one I wanted to wear,” I smiled before turning around to get dressed, “you can go now if you like.”
“Oh yes, sorry,” he backed out of the room faster than I had expected.

“Is it just me or is Sid extra weird right now?” I turned to the little kitten on the bed. He just yawned and stretched his tiny little paws clearly more interested in sleeping on my big warm bed rather than anything else.

“Are you ready yet?” I found Sid in his sitting on his bed with a tiny box in his hand.
“Uhh yeah,” he looked up and shifted uneasily as I walked into his room and sat down next to him.
“Are you ok?” I put my hand on his knee and felt him tense up at the contact.
“Yeah umm this is for you,” he held out the box with a small smile.

I took the little blue box and opened it to reveal a beautiful silver chain bracelet with a tag.
“It's engraved so you don't have to wear that medical alert bracelet that the hospital gave you,” he turned the tag over to show me.
“Sid. Thank you so much,” I pulled it out and looked it over, “can you?” I gestured to the chain.
“Here,” he took the bracelet and carefully put it around with shaking hands.
“I love it, thanks.”

Flower had insisted that they were throwing me a birthday party, which after almost half an hour of interrogation at practice I had given in to actually going to. I mean I had just gotten my little kitten and I was already abandoning him for hockey and drinking with the guys.

We got to Flower's place and were greeted by his wife Veronique who was the prettiest woman I had met, both inside and out.
“Hello Cameron, happy birthday,” she wrapped her arms around me in a welcoming hug.
“Hi.”
“Sid,” she winked and smiled at the captain standing next to me.
“Hi V,” he smiled and ducked passed her.
“Or just invite yourself in,” she rolled her eyes as he let himself in, “come in.”

People were everywhere and they moment they caught sight of me they all stopped.

“Cammy!” James cheered clearly already having hit the beers.
“Hey,” I smiled slipping my coat off.
“Woah,” he slipped in next to me, “since when do you wear dresses?” he looked me up and down.
“Since now,” I pushed his face away.
“Well you should wear it more often, I am sure Sid will appreciate it,” he smirked ducking away before I could question him.

I walked around trying to find someone interesting to talk to when I bumped into someone's solid form.
“Cam be careful,” Brandon smiled down at me grabbing my shoulder's to stop me from falling over.
“Sorry,” I straightened myself up.
“It's ok,” he shrugged, “do you want a drink? Your first legal one huh?” he nudged me.
“Yeah ok,” I agreed and followed him into the kitchen where Geno and Sid were standing around, Oksana tucked warmly under Geno's arm.

Seeing Geno and Oksana together like that still made me feel jealous. I knew I wished I was in her position, Geno was the one I had real feelings for but I knew being friends with him was better than not being with him at all, so I kept my silence and went about my business as if it was nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
There so many things that could happen with anyone right now. First time they are all drunk together, what do you guys think? What should Cam do? She doesn't actually have feelings for Sid and Adam is still in the picture but they aren't actually anything yet. Maybe she will tell someone about her and Adam...?

Plenty of time to think because I don't know that I will updating again this weekend. Warrior Dash and Hockey, going to be full on and I will be sleeping any chance I get.