The Opportunity Has Just Begun

I Wish He Would Just Tell Me

Geno had been acting a little more reserved then usual and I knew it was because of what I had done with Adam but I didn't see why he was angry at me. He had girlfriend and was off limits and I respected that so why should he be getting angry at me for living my single life? I wasn't going to be sitting around waiting for him to be available if or whenever that happened. And even if it was wrong for me to be with Adam who was he to decide that?

“Hey Cam is everything ok?” Sid walked into the kitchen as I sat up at the bench with Nemo in my lap.
“Yeah,” I sighed, “it's fine.”
“Are you sure? You don't seem yourself?” he moved closer and reached out to touch my hand.
“Sid,” I pulled away before he could, “please don't. I just need some space to myself right now.”
“Sorry.”

“Are you ready to for practice?” he spoke up as he rinsed out his bowl and put it in the dishwasher.
“You go ahead, I will be a little late.”
“Alright... look,” he put his hand on my shoulder, “if you need anything and I mean anything or you just want to talk let me know.”
“Ok, thanks.”

But I couldn't talk to Sid, not about this. If he did like as the others had said then it would crush him and I couldn't do that to him. He had been nothing but perfect to me and I wasn't about to ruin someone who didn't deserve it.

When I eventually did get to the arena everyone else was already out on the ice so I had it all to myself, for the most part.
“Hey, why aren't you dressed?” Mike frowned standing in the doorway.
“Umm... I was just feeling a little off when I woke up.”
“Is everything ok?” he walked over and sat next to me in my stall.
“Yeah, just needed some time to myself. It's been a rough few days,” I ran my hand through my long blonde hair.
“Are you having some kind of midlife crisis? Aren't you a little young for those?” he joked.
“Yeah,” I chuckled, “I guess you could call it that.”
“Your diabetes are fine right? Because if there not you have to tell us so we can help.”
“No there fine, it's not that.”
“Did one of the guys do something?” he eyed me knowing the possibilities of it being that was high.
“Kind of, it's just Geno, we're butting heads again.”
“Do I need to smack him around the head again? because if I do I will, that Russian always gives me trouble.”
“As much as I would love for you to do that right now, it wouldn't help,” I laughed imaging Geno's disapproving face at Kadar hitting him for no real reason.

I sucked it up and went out on the ice making it just in time for the first drill.

“Hey Cam,” James welcomed me with an arm around around my shoulder as our line came together to wait our turn.
“Hey, how did your hangover end up going?” I looked up with a wide smile feeling that being around someone else was doing some good.
“Good, I think I redecorated Flower's bathroom.”
“That's gross, I didn't need to know that,” I pushed him away.
“Yeah you did,” he teased reaching out to tap my helmet.
“Get lost,” I ducked before he could.

Usually Geno would get in on it but he just stood there and chuckled a little which I guess was better than nothing like he had done for the last two days. But I had other things I needed to concentrate on, like getting back in the lineup.

“Stop!” Dan yelled as we were half way through our drill that we all knew wasn't right and I guess I was just waiting for someone to say something.
“You three get over here, everyone else keep going,” Dan skated over to the bench and we followed like school kids getting in trouble with the principal.

“What is going on here? You guys are playing terrible, not so much Neal but Geno and Cam what is wrong?”
“Sorry Coach, I guess we are just having a bad day,” I tried to lie.
“No this is more than a bad day, now I put you on the line with these two hoping you would be ready to get back in the line up tonight but maybe I was wrong.”

I looked straight at Geno because I knew it wasn't me that was having the issues, it was him. He looked down at the ice, shifting from foot to foot but he didn't speak up.

“Oh fuck you Geno,” I climbed over the boards to get on the bench as the anger that had been stirring in my stomach began to boil over, “if you want to know what is going on ask him, he is the one that has an issue with me,” I yelled before storming off back down the tunnel and towards the locker room.

I was dying to get back into it and the game against Florida had been the goal for days now and there was no way I was letting someone else get in the way of that.

As far as anything else matters what I did with my life and who I did it with was none of his business. If I wanted to be with Adam then so be it, I was allowed to be with Adam.

“Cam,” I knew the voice straight away, with his stupid accent he could never be mistaken for anyone else.
“What?” I sat in my stall, still half dressed not completely sure if I was ready to quit on practice yet.
“I am sorry,” he mumbled quietly and walked over to sit next to me
“Why do you care so much about Adam?” I narrowed my eyes at him needing to know that it pissed me off, “if you aren't standing up for Sid than what?”
“I can't say,” he took his helmet off and ran his hand through his hair.
“Why? Why can't you just say it and be done, I can't keep going on thinking I have done something wrong when I haven't.”
“I just not want you to make mistake,” he looked down at the ground.
“And if I do that is my problem, not yours.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright what do you reckon is Geno's deal? Can Cam get to the bottom of this or is Geno just going to shut off completely? Anyways do you think she should explore what she has with Adam or maybe should Sid do something?