The Opportunity Has Just Begun

People In This World Lie

I couldn't deal with Geno's inability to just tell the truth. He always tried to hide behind his English skills, especially with the media but he tried to pull it with me sometimes and it never worked.

“Look whatever you have going on in that head of yours keep it there, I don't care,” I got up knowing he wasn't going to say anything anytime soon, “I have a whole bunch of coaches to try and convince to let me play tonight and I don't need you ruining it.”

I put my gear back on and headed back out on the ice leaving him there. I wasn't going to let someone else ruin my chances at getting back into the lineup.

“Is Geno coming back?” James looked worried as I skated passed him.
“I don't know,” I shrugged and as if on cue Geno came back.

“Alright Cam, Geno twenty sprints for disturbing practice,” Dan ordered taping his stick on the ice with a purpose.

“Thanks,” I eyed Geno who just stared right at me as he took his spot next to me on the goal line not seeming fussed about the physically hell we were about to endure.

We skated the ice back and forth each time on the whistle per coaches orders until we were done. It felt like it took forever and I was left lying on the ice trying to catch my breath.

“You two done? Ready to join the team again? Or do you need to go again?” Dan stood above us.
“Yeah we are done,” I panted pulling myself up to my knees.
“Good,” he taped my skate.
“G?” he looked to the Russian next to me on his knees.
“Da, mean yes, done,” he climbed to his feet.

It was Geno though and just because he was done making a public appearance didn't mean he was done with whatever issue was going on in his head.

Practice ended up alright and we played well enough that Dan gave me the go ahead.
“Only if you and Geno can keep whatever is going on between you out of the way.”
“Of course,” I nodded with a huge smile on my face, “anything.”
“Good, well go rest up and I will see you later,” he slapped my shoulder.

I spent the afternoon resting on the sofa with Nemo in the my lap sound asleep. It irritated me a little bit that Geno had given me him for my birthday but Nemo was the best thing I had been given in a long time and I loved him so much.

My phone rang on the cushion beside me waking up Nemo but when I saw Adam's smiling face I snatched it up quick.
“Hey,” I genuinely smiled for the first since my birthday because really I had missed him more than I would have liked to admit.
“Hello, what are you up to?”
“Oh nothing much just laying on the sofa with Nemo.”
“Nemo? You named him Nemo?” he laughed.
“Yes it was my birthday, we were drunk and nobody liked Derek,” I lied not wanting to remember how close I gotten to Sid.
“I think Derek is an awesome name for a cat.”
“So do I but he didn't like it, so Nemo it is.”

The longer I sat there talking to him the more I was wishing I could see him right now. Have him wrap his arms around me and stop all of this craziness that was going on. But I was going to have to wait a few days before that could happen.

“Oh guess what?!”
“What?”
“I am playing tonight.”
“Really? Your back in the lineup, that is awesome.”
“I know, I can't wait. It's finally starting to feel like everything is normal again.”
“I knew you could do it, I will be watching,” I actually started to feel like I was blushing and then as he whispered, “I am proud of you,” my cheeks flamed and I felt like a teenager again with a stupid crush.
“Thanks.”

“When you get here you should come over and I will make you dinner, how does that sound?”
“That sounds amazing.”
“Besides there is something I want to ask you.”
“Ok, look I have to get going, got to start getting ready but I will talk to you later?”
“Yeah sure, cya.”
“Cya.”

I was feeling a lot more relaxed after talking to Adam and the nerves I had for the game weren't there. I was calm and able to handle anything that gone thrown at us.

Well almost anything. When Geno went down behind the goals, he just laid there and didn't move. I couldn't more either. I just stood there as Chris ran out to him and Nealsy began fighting. My mouth was dry and I didn't what to do. I was never going to be able to deal with these feelings I had for him, no matter how angry I was they would always be there, even if it was buried in the back of my mind.

“Come on Cam we have to keep going,” James put his hand on my leg, “for G.”
“Yeah, yeah I know.”

But no matter how hard I tried to focus on the game I couldn't. I was worried about him, and we had been fighting which made me feel worse than I already did.

I sat in the stall staring at my phone with the text message from Adam on it.
“I am sorry about Malkin, is he ok?”
“I don't know, he's still with the doctors.”
“Are you ok? You looked scared on the tv.”
“I was just a little worried, he didn't move and kind of scared me.”
“He will bounce back, he always does.”
“Yeah, I just hope he is not out like Sid was.”

“Hey Cam, can you give Geno a lift home,” Chris walked out with the big Russian behind him.
“Yeah sure,” I put the last few things in my gym bag and fished out my keys.

I didn't know what to say to him but he didn't look like he was interested in talking anyways. He just sat in the passenger seat of my car and stared out the window.

I knew what it was like to have a concussion and if that was in fact what he had he would just sleep. So the moment we got his place I lead him upstairs and into his room.

“You ok?” I put my hand on his back as he laid face down on his bed.
“Mmm,” he groaned, “where's Jeffrey?... Jeffrey!” he called and his big dog came running in and jumped on the bed with him.
“Geno be careful,” I warned as the dog wedge himself between us and looked up at me with sad eyes.
“I am ok, you can go,” he mumbled into his pillow, “thanks for driving.”
“It's ok, do you want anything?”
“No just want sleep.”
“Ok,” I put my hand on the back of his neck and squeezed it lightly, “if you need anything just let me know. I will see you tomorrow morning.”
“Ok, bye.”
“Cya.”

It took a lot of self control to not lean down and kiss the back of head or some other motherly, caring action. He just seemed so miserable and I wanted him to know everything was going to be ok.

I got to the door and heard someone giggling outside. I don't really what I was expecting when I saw her but I really wished I hadn't.
“Oksana,” I cleared my throat.
“Cameron,” she pushed the tall blonde haired man back and stood speechless in front of me.
“Um Geno got hurt... they think he might have a concussion, he's upstairs asleep,” I was feeling almost speechless myself.
“Cam... please don't tell him,” she walked closer.
“I am not going to tell him,” I put my hands up stopping her from taking another step, “but you have too.”
“You not know what is like with him, fighting, I am always alone... please.”

I didn't say anything else to her. I didn't know what to say in the first place but I didn't want to. I wasn't going to waste my words on someone like her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys what do you think? Cam and Geno getting in trouble like high school kids? Adam and his inability to not be adorable? Oksana being caught in the act with another guy? I know it seems like a lot going on at once and if you think I should reel the craziness back just let me know but it will settle down soon.