The Opportunity Has Just Begun

I Don't Want To Be A Part Of This

Trying to keep my mouth shut about Oksana was harder than I thought especially when Sid continued to invite them over for dinner.

“Sid can't you see it?” I whispered gesturing down the hallway to the couple sitting at the dining table.
“See what?” he crossed his arms over his chest.
“Oh my god,” I pushed him into the guest bathroom and shut the door behind me.
“Wait what are you doing?” he lent up against the bench looking panicked.
“Nothing god you're such a baby... Oksana is cheating on him.”
“Wait what?”
“The other night when Geno got his concussion and I took him home, I was leaving and she was out on the front porch kissing some guy.”

Sid didn't say anything, kind of just stood there staring back at me his mouth opening and closing but no words could be formed.
“Well... say something.”
“I don't know what to say,” he shrugged, “does he know?”
“Does it look like he knows? You know for someone like you you aren't very smart.”
“I am,” he tried to defend himself.
“Well if you are don't ask dumb questions. Do you really think if he knew he would be all over her like he is?”
“I guess not.”
“Exactly,” I grabbed the door handle and headed out.

Sid followed me back and we both smiled widely finding our seats at the table.

“Ok?” Geno frowned.
“Yeah we are fine,” I chucked a napkin at Sid to break the tension.

“So...” Sid cleared his throat, “G what have the doctors said?”
“Um still wait,” he shrugged.
“Don't worry you will be back soon,” I smiled before digging into my food.
“Yeah but he can't rush back,” Sid narrowed his eyes at me, “if he does that he could end up like I was.”
“What are you talking about? Geno isn't going to be out all season,” I frowned.
“Guys...” Geno spoke up.

We both stopped arguing at looked at him. He looked so sad staring at the table and I really was feeling heart broken for him.
“Can not fight?” he looked up and his eyes pleaded with us to stop, “not want more bad thing happen right now.”
“Sorry G,” Sid mumbled.
“Sorry,” I let my eyes fall down to my lap.

The thing was that it was only going to get worse for him before it was going to get better. I felt truly sorry for him and if there was anything I could do to protect him from this I would but it was getting harder with each day. It was why I had to tell Sid, it was just eating me up inside.

“Cameron,” Oksana joined me in the kitchen while I did the dishes as the boys sat on the sofa talking.
“Yeah?”
“I don't know what to do,” she lent up against the bench nearby.
“You have to tell him,” I shrugged.
“But he is so good to me.”
“Well why did you do it in the first place?” I glared at her, “Geno is such a good person and he doesn't need this right now.”
“I know,” she looked down, “I just, he is good to me but we not meant to be together,” she shook her head.
“So why are you still together?” I chucked the sponge down getting annoyed with her incompetence.
“I not know how to break up.”
“Well I am sorry but I am not getting involved anymore,” I pulled the plug out and let the water gurgle down the drain before wiping the bench and heading upstairs.

I couldn't deal with getting caught up in something that was just going to end badly with Geno hurt. I didn't want to be any part of it. It was bad enough I already knew but the pressure I was under knowing I couldn't wait until we would be in New York tomorrow and I would get to see Adam.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little filler, Adam will be back next chapter :) But I really do feel bad for both Geno and Cam. She has to try and keep a secret because she doesn't want to see Geno hurt but in the same it's going to happen sooner or later. What do you think? Will seeing him down bring them closer? Do you think he should confine in her or shut off?