The Opportunity Has Just Begun

Oh Captain My Captain

"Hey Sid," I came out of the bathroom as I dried my hair.
"Yeah?" He sat up rubbing his eyes.
"I kind of want to tell you something," I moved over and sat down on my bed grabbing my pillow for security.
"Cam you know you can tell me anything," he mumbled through a yawn.
"Yeah but, this is kind of... Yeah."

 I sucked in a deep breath because I had been dreading to telling him about this. Sid was my best friend here though and I wasn't going to let anything get in the way of it.

"Look I don't know if it is true but some of the guys were saying... saying that you liked me," I gulped.
"And you are with Adam, I know," he sighed dropping back onto the bed, "don't remind me."
"You should have told me."
"Why because then maybe you would have been with me?" He grumbled dropping his arm over his face.
"Sid," I chuckled not wanting him to get mad as I moved over and sat on the edge of his bed, "to tell you the truth... Probably yes."
"What?!" He sat up abruptly, mouth open to comic proportions.
"Should have made your move mister," I slapped cheek lightly before getting up to disappear back into the bathroom before he could say anything else.

I was feeling a little more relieved that Sid was ok with this. He truly was such a great guy and I had been dreading that something would come between us. Sid was too mature for that though, in the end he was always doing things that would make me happy, it was just the kind of person he was.

"So who told you?" He stuck his head in the bathroom as I finished up brushing my teeth.
"Oksana."
"Wait, how did she know? I never told Geno."
"She said she could just tell," I shrugged.
"What is she like some crazy russian spy?" He frowned.
"Well she's not very secretive if I caught her kissing some guy on the front porch."
"Yeah... Poor Geno," he sighed wandering passed me.
"I know I feel so bad for him. What- what are you doing?" I stood shocked as he turned the shower on.
"What does it look like I am having a shower," he took his shirt off.
"Not while I am in here your not," I scoffed.
"Then maybe it is time for you to leave," he smiled gesturing for the door.
"Whatever."

I turned back to the mirror planning to just ignore him but I didn't think he would actually keep going.
"Sid," I shrieked and ran out of the bathroom. His stupid honking laugh echoing out of the small room.

I guess I knew really in the back of my mind everything would be ok between Sid and I. It's not like it was Geno and I where we but heads and go each other out of pure anger with no real reason. No Sid and I could fight all we wanted but still come running back to each other a few minutes later.

“You know I like Adam, he a nice guy and I think I can accept,” Sid walked out of the bathroom as he slid on his dress shirt to get ready for our game.
“Uh Sid...” I tried to interject as he was doing the wrong buttons up.
“No I am serious Cam, you don't have to worry about me I will be fine.”
“No Sid,” I got up and grabbed his hands stopping him, “you are doing your buttons wrong,” I pointed out the lone button he had missed making his shirt crooked, “here let me help.”
“Thanks.”

“Sid look, being with Adam isn't going to change anything between us you know that right?” I continued as I helped straighten out his appearance.
“I know.”
“We still live together, your still my captain, your still one of my best friend's and I will always be here to do your buttons.”
“Thanks,” he chuckled.

I was trying so hard to be as light as possible with the subject, I didn't want anything to come between us and especially our feelings. No matter what happened anywhere I wanted Sid to stick around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys I really wanted everything to be completely ok between these two. I love their friendship too much for anything to come between them.