The Opportunity Has Just Begun

They Are Just Giant Man Children

"Your sick?" I questioned Adam as he broke into a coughing fit on the phone.
"Yes," he croaked sounding like he was on deaths door.
"That's terrible, maybe I should just let you get some sleep."
"No, no," he cleared his throat, "we haven't talked for a few days."
"I know I am sorry, I have just been so busy with all this corporate stuff."
"I've missed you."
"Aww Adam, I've missed you too."

I know I had been having fun getting revenge on Geno for annoying me but I still found myself thinking about Adam last before I went to bed. I was taking it as a good thing, staying up to think about my boyfriend was definitely better than staying up and thinking about that stupid russian like I had been known to do in the past.

"I wish I was there to look after you," my mothering insticted had to kick in and I wanted nothing more than to be there with him until he got better.
"I will be fine," he sniffled, "it's just a bug going around."
"Has the whole team got it?"
"Yes," he sounded rather annoyed, "some guys are out too."
"That must suck."
"It does, I just want to play," he sounded like a six year old whining about not being allowed to go outside or something.
"You will soon, just let it pass. Maybe you should have some soup?"
"My head hurts too much to get up."
"Well I can't do it for you, what about your roommate?"
"He's sick too," he grumbled.
"Your not going to die."
"I just might."

I was fine lying around talking to Adam but it did suck that he was sick. It was still nice to talk to him but the man child on the other end of the phone was hard to deal with.

"Go to sleep already."
"Your getting rid of me?"
"Yes."
"Cam," he whined.
"Drink plenty of water and go to sleep," I tried to ignore his pleas for me to stay.
"I won't sleep."
"Well that's your problem then, isn't it my dear? You won't get better."
"Fine," he sighed.
"Now sleep," I ordered.
"Your so bossy," I could just image his pouting face as he climbed into bed.
"And your just a big baby but I don't keep telling you that," I retorted.

He mocked me before falling into a coughing fit which was secretly revenge for being an ass and he completely deserved it.

"Goodnight Adam."
"Goodnight."
"I will ring you tomorrow in the morning before practice ok?"
"Ok."
"Night."

I hung up and went back downstairs where Sid and Geno were playing each other on the Xbox.

"So you just run around and shoot each other?" I plopped down on the other end of the couch to Geno with a bottle of water in hand.
"Yes is point Cam, is why we have guns."
"Yeah but haven't you heard of multiplayer."
"Is multi!" Geno pointed to the screen before coming under heavy fire from the captain on the other chair who threw his head back and laughed, a hint of maniac in it.
"No I mean missions," I crawled off the couch and shifted through the tv cabinet trying to find the game James had shown me.

"Army of Two," I announced throwing the case in his direction.
"No," he pushed its way and began shouting at Sid who continued to bomb him until he was dead.
"Sid," he groaned, a slight bit of rage in his eyes.

"See if you play that game Sid can't kill you, you are a team."
"A team?" He perked up and snatched it from the spot on the couch next to him.
"Yes teams," I assured him.

I never thought that when I signed up for this hockey thing I would end up dealing with a whole bunch of insane guys. I thought I would keep to myself but it was kind of hard when as much as I hated to admit I really did love their company. It almost felt like high school all over again with my brother bringing over his hot friends but now they were my friends and a lot more to handle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Help me out here guys. What kind of things do you want to see happening? Sid? Geno? Cam? Oksana? Do you think she should just tell Geno already? Maybe Cam can set Sid up on a date?