The Opportunity Has Just Begun

How To Explain This

 With Sid out on his date I was left at home to fend for myself for the night. I didn't really know what to do with myself, I was so used to other people being around I was being to wonder if I would survive living on my own next season.

I wondered around the house with Nemo meowing as he followed behind me before finally giving up and sent Geno a text.

'Army of Two?'
I didn't even have time to sit down and ponder what else I could do like ringing Adam which was out of the question, he was busy of all nights before I got a message back.
'Ok I bring vodka.'
'Awesome see you soon.'

I kind of wished Adam wasn't away in Vancouver, we had a day off and I would have loved to see him but our schedules never seemed to work out for the better and we never got to see each other.

 “Cam,” Geno knocked on the front door as I was waiting for the Xbox to turn on.
“Coming,” I got up and ran to the door.

 “Hello,” I beamed as I was finally not alone.
“Hi, not find Vodka but have beer,” he pushed the six pack into my hands.
“Don't worry I am sure we have some stashed somewhere around here,” I headed into the kitchen to put the drinks in the fridge before digging out a bottle of wild turkey and what was left of our vodka.

 “Have you been drinking my alcohol?” I held up the bottles noticing more was gone than I had last thought.
“Maybe,” he looked guilty, “I buy you more.”
“You better,” I warned.

 We headed back into the lounge room with our stash of snacks and drinks to begin our battle.

 “We team, you can't win,” he narrowed his eyes at me.
“I won't die first then.”
“Ten dollars,” he put his hand out.
“Your on.”

 I don't know where this competitive thing came from between us but we always seemed to be trying to out do one another. It was fun though, it kept us occupied and the chirping was at an all time high in preparation for the locker room.

 “Do you think Sid is having fun?” I spoke up feeling rather down that I wasn't able to sit here on the couch with someone and cuddle.
“Sid be fine,” he waved it off and continued with the mission.
“I am not worried,” I defended, “I just someone is getting more action than us around here.”
“Yeah Oksana act weird,” he sunk into the couch but didn't draw his eyes away from the screen, “go out all the time.”
“Is she out tonight?” I questioned.
“Yeah,” he sighed, “what about Adam? You not ring him.”
“He's busy,” I shrugged.
“You miss him?”
“Sometimes... but your here so it's not like I am alone,” I reasoned.
“I am good company,” he smiled.

 I got lost for a moment in the man sitting beside me. He smile made me feel warm and his eyes were so soft and when I really thought about Geno was always around. No matter how many times I pushed him away he was always there whether I wanted it or not. I don't know whether it was the alcohol talking but I was definitely feeling something I shouldn't have been.

 “Come on, play,” he slapped my knee to get my attention back on the screen.

 We continued to battle, not getting much further in the game with our incompetence but it was over the moment we heard a car pulling up.

 Geno walked up to the door and peered out the window, “he has girl.”
“Shit, get back in here.”
“Why? I go say hello.”
“Geno,” I pointed to the ground in front of me, “get in here.”
“You not threatening,” he shook his head.
“Geno,” I ran over to him and pulled him back into the lounge room where we could hide behind the couch, “he can't know we are home that will ruin it.”
“Fine,” he grumbled quietening down next to me while we waited.

 “Sid go straight in,” Geno chuckled earning a slap across the arm as Sid and the girl began kissing in the foyer.
“Ouch, why?” he frowned.
“Shhh,” I covered his mouth before he could blow our cover.

 I darted down next to the couch and watched as Sid and his date maneuvered upstairs kissing the whole time.
“What the heck?” I looked back to Geno who was trying not to laugh.
“I teach him that.”
“Well it's a smooth move.”
“Work every time,” he looked rather proud of himself.

 “Ok they are gone,” I got up, “come on let's go.”
“Where we go?” Geno followed as I snuck over to the coat rack and grabbed my jacket.
“I don't know, but we can't stay here," I grabbed his jacket and tossed in his direction before grabbing my converse and kicking his shoes towards him.

"Sid terrible with girls," Geno chuckled.
"Yeah I know from personal experience."
"You not like him did you?" He looked genuinely interested in that question.
"No I mean it's Sid, it's just weird."
"Yeah Sid odd."

I grabbed my phone and keys and shoved them in my pocket before darting out the door with Geno right behind me. 

We got down the driveway and I finally felt like all the built up energy I had came out in laughter.

"I never want to be in that situation again," I was doubled over trying to control myself.
"Your face, never seen so scared," Geno put his hand on his stomach and laughed.

It wasn't really fear, I was more just worried that it would ruin Sid's night. He deserved something.

As our laughter died down I noticed that Geno had infact closed the gap between us. I found myself looking up at him as he did, our eyes connected together. I wanted to step back and stop him but the moment his hands found my waist there was no turning back for me.

"I lie, face look beautiful."
"Really?" I questioned
"Yeah, always beautiful."

If someone told me the way to get a guy to kiss you was through Xbox and alcohol I would have done this a lot earlier.

His lips were soft as he pulled me closer trying to deepen the kiss. I knew it wasn't right and I was every bit as bad as Oksana but I had wanted this from the beginning. I felt his lips where they were chapped and it reminded me of another hockey players set of the lips, the one I was supposed to be in a relationship with and I pulled away.

"Cam," his voice was filled with concern as I let my body go limp against the letterbox.
"Just..." But I couldn't find any words to say. 

Geno dropped down next to me with a sigh knowing what we had just done was wrong.
"I am sorry," he whispered quietly as I wrapped my arms around myself for warmth feeling a set of tears well up in my eyes. What had I done?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright I know this is pretty messy and I don't know if it is too early but I hope you guys like it. Let know what you all think too.

Also if you read my story From Russia... you might want to check out the new sequel I am starting Life Always Offers A Second Chance