The Opportunity Has Just Begun

Forgetting Isn't Going To Happen

I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to deal with all these crazy things going on in my head but I knew I couldn't let any of it ruin my game, my training, my focus. I just couldn't let it get to me and the only way I knew how was to run because that is what everyone does when they have problems, they avoid them right? So for now that was what I was going to have to do.

“Cam you coming?” Sid poked his head into the car as I continued to sit frozen in the front seat of his car.
“Oh um yeah,” I climbed out and followed him to the back of the car to grab our bags.

“Sid! Cam!” James cheered as I doubled checked my bag before getting bombarded by the guys.

“We heard that this guy got some,” he ruffled up Sid's hair and pulled his tie just to annoy the captain.
“I didn't get some,” Sid shrugged him off, “I took a nice girl out for dinner.”
“And then had sex with her,” James pressed.
“Yeah but that's not the point,” Sid straightened himself up.
“Firstly,” I butted in as I closed the back of the Range Rover, “her name is Megan and she is a very nice girl who made me breakfast for lunch after my killer hangover yesterday and secondly Sid doesn't sleep and tell,” I slapped him on the shoulder.

I had been pestering him all day about how it went but he wouldn't go passed it being good. If he kept it up being just good maybe I was going to have to start living my life vicariously through him.

We made our way onto the plane and up until then I had been fine, but it was for one reason and one reason only, I was yet to see Geno. His usual seat on the plane was one spot behind me and that hadn't changed he was there sitting in the seat watching me as I walked the isle.

I stopped beside my seat trying not to make eye contact with him but with Geno that was never going to happen. I could hardly handle myself enough to keep a cool head in front of everyone, a part of me wanting to plead with him as to why he did it and another part of me wanting to do it all over again. The only thing I could do though was dump my bag down and flop into the seat so he knew I was angry.

“Hey Cam,” someone nudged my shoulder dragging me from my thoughts.
“Huh?” I looked up to see Dan with his clipboard in hand.
“Can we talk?” he tapped his pen.
“Yeah sure.”

I was glad he was there talking plays and running over some things on the flight to New York, it kept my mind off of the Russian behind me and Adam who was waiting for me thinking everything was fine between us.

The moment we got to our hotel I couldn't have been happier to finally get to my room but when Geno walked through the door I knew this wasn't going to work.

“Umm look I will just go talk to Dan,” I got up and made a b-line for the door.
He latched onto my arm as I passed by, “Cam can do, not need...”
“No Geno, no we can't, I can't,” I pulled away.

I knew I probably should have tried to be a little forgetful since that was I wanted or something but I couldn't. Guilt seeped through my veins and it was killing me just to be around him. So no, playing the 'lets just forget this ever happened' was not a card I could deal.

“You want to swap rooms?” Dan frowned, “but I thought you and G were getting along fine?”
“We are... I just want my own room.”
“Well just give me a chance to talk to the staff and we will see what we can do."

I stood in the hallway biting my lip and twisting my phone around in my hands, doing anything to keep myself occupied while I waited for Dan to come back.

"You coming for lunch?" Brandon asked as a group of the guys walked passed.
"No I will get something later, I got some stuff to do."
"Oh you going to go see Adam," he nudged me with his elbows and wiggled his eyebrows at me.
"Yeah..."
"You don't seem thrilled about that."
"It's hard to explain," I pushed myself off the wall and headed for Dan and Mike wanting that conversation to be over.

There was nothing hard about it, I had kissed my teammate, I had kissed someone else and I didn't know how that was going to affect Adam. I just hoped he would be ok.

"Alright Kadar is offering up his room," Dan smiled knowing I would love that news.
"Thank you," I felt just a little bit relieved.

I don't know why I was freaking out so much about it. I always had eye for Geno and I guess I never expected him to pay attention to me. But as we got closer and became really good friends, hanging out most nights, rooming together I had found myself falling more and more for him, and I guess at the same time he saw something in me.