The Opportunity Has Just Begun

Dealing With Down Days

"Cam," Sid plodded into the kitchen rubbing his face.
"Yeah?"
"What kind of milkshakes we have?" He mumbled pulling himself up onto the stool at the bench.
"Megan brought you a heap of different ones," I opened the cupboard to reveal the numerous packets of flavoured powder, "what would you like?"
"Strawberry please," he buried his head into his arms.

I felt really bad for Sid. His phone had been going off all the time since he got out of hospital and talking really wasn't on his to do list either. But everyone wanted to know how he was, wanted to make sure he was ok and that he was following the doctors orders.

I got to making his milkshake as he continued to groan and make a big fuss.

"What is wrong with you?"
"Jaw is broken Cam, everything is wrong," he grumbled.
"Hey," I walked around the counter and wrapped my arms around him as best as his broad back would let me, "it's going to be ok, things like this take time."
"I know," he sighed, "but I am just sick of it happening to me."
"I bet you are," I pulled back and ran my hand through his deshevalled morning bed hair, "but someone has got to take one for the team."
"And I am the captain, I know."
"Yes your the captain, but just think Megan will pamper you and well me I am here to make you all the milkshakes you can handle," I smiled placing his drink in front of him.
"Thanks," he mustered up the best smile I was going to get before climbing down from the stool and heading into the lounge room.

I took it as my chance to make breakfast and get ready to head into the arena to workout in the gym for a couple of hours before practice started.

"I will be back just after lunch, do you want me to get you anything?" I asked Sid as I pulled on my jacket.
"No, Megan is coming over," he didn't even bother taking his eyes away from the screen as I said goodbye but that was just Sid being grumpy so I didn't take it personally.

It was still a fairly cold morning, with the breeze chilling me to the bone so I had no other option but to run from my car into the building.

"Cam, what are you doing?" Duper laughed as I ran passed him.
"It's cold," I rushed passed him in my running shorts and singlet not wanting to wait around and catch hyperthermia.
"How's the captain?" He called after me.
"Moody, but he will survive."

The French man barked out a hearty laugh as I reached the door and darted inside. It wasn't that much warmer inside but it was an improvemt of sorts.

"Hey Cam, your here early," Mike smiled as I walked in and dumped my gym bag in my stall.
"Sure am," I made my way towards the doors that lead to the gym, "going to join me?"
"Let me give these files to Dan and I will be right in."
"Alright cya."

I got on the spin bike to warm up before my fellow linemate and favourite Russian walked in with a rather dappened expression on his face.

"What's wrong with you sourpuss?" I jabbed as he climbed onto the bike next to me.
"Oksana," he grumbled.
"Oh you and Sid are just in the wars aren't you?" 

He didn't say anything else and he certainly didn't seem like he was in the mood to deal with my teasing jargon.
"Sorry," I mumbled hoping not to upset him anymore than he already was and stayed silent myself.

Mike finally returned with Duper in tow and it looked like he was going to be the last person in our early morning workout group.

"What's up G?" Mike slapped the big guys shoulder but as with me he didn't say anything just stayed focused on the bike.

"Alright then Cam you up for some boxing?" 
"Do I get to beat on Pascal?"
"Sure if you like," Mike shrugged and handed the sparing pads over.
"Awesome."

Ever since the talk with Dan I had noticed my focus beginning to shift but I had also found myself learning to enjoy working out a little more. While Sid and Geno had tried to help, Mike had made it more interesting and focused on bringing out my competitive side to improve me. So far it had been working.

"I take back all comments of you hitting like a girl," Duper stepped back as I was doubled over getting my breathing back.
"Cam has got a nice technique, now grab some water," Mike tapped my back signalling for me to take a break.

I headed into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water and some lollies to make sure my sugar levels stayed right where I found Geno texting frantically away on his phone.

"Everything alright?"
"Oksana say she want to break up," he frowned, "not understand."

I had tried to forget about what Oksana had been doing to him because I didn't want to be the one to break the news to him but it wasn't easily forgotten and sure to be the reason she was going.

"Maybe..."
"She always do this!" He slammed his phone down before I could get in another word.
"But I thought you would be happy?" I frowned.
"Always think good idea before."
"But then it happens and suddenly you miss it and want nothing more than for things to stay the same."
"Yeah," he sighed, "not want to let go, but at same time not want to be with her."

I really didn't know what to say and any advice I gave him would have just seemed like it was trying to be in favour of me. I would have loved him to end it so that he could finally wake up and realise that there was more to that kiss we shared but I couldn't do that to him. They had so much history together and I knew that no matter what she would always be a part of his life somewhere, somehow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I have been preoccupied lately by things ;) but here is the latest one. I hope you guys like it and are enjoying this story.