The Opportunity Has Just Begun

Maybe I am To Blame

"Geno," I looked over briefly at the quiet Russian in the passenger seat of my parked car.
"Mmm," he groaned but didn't pull his eyes away from where he was staring off out the window.
"Are you sure want to go in? I can get you some things if you like," I put my hand on his knee and gave it a reassuring squeeze.
"No is ok, I go..." He opened the door and climbed out.

His head was down and I was waiting for him to turn around.
"Cam?" He looked up with worried eyes.
"Yeah."
"You come?"
"Sure," I smiled and unbuckled my seatbelt before following him up to the house.

He stopped at the door and looked hesitant about going in and I couldn't blame him. I wouldn't want to see her after all she had done. Not that Geno and I were perfect ourselves but at least we stopped what we were doing before it got out of hand and really hurt someone.

"Come on," I put my hand on his back wanting him to go forward.
"What if she home?" He looked back at me like that could be the worst possible thing right now.
"I am here, don't worry," I rubbed small encouraging circles on his back which to my surprise actually worked.

He sighed and opened the door. He knew there would be no point in arguing with me because so far I was the only reason he had actually got out of bed. I wasn't about to sit back and let him waste away. I know I already had a lot on my plate, with hockey and Sid being out and well this was just the icing to the cake but I would survive. I had a tendency to make other people's problems my own and that wasn't about to change.

We stepped inside and I watch Geno as his eyes fell on a group of boxes stacked neatly by the staircase.
"She not want to talk?" He looked to me for help.
"Maybe she has already made up her mind."
"When she leave never take stuff, now stuff," he gestured to the boxes, "all gone."

I didn't really know what to say to him, maybe it was a good thing she was packing up and going. I mean if she never took her stuff with her when she left he was never really getting rid of her. It could be a bit of a fresh start for him.

"Come on," I took the first few steps and waited for him to follow.

He was quiet as we walked into his bedroom, his eyes scanning every inch of the room. It  was lacking the things that made it seemed lived in, made it feel like more than just a bedroom.

"Her stuff gone," his voice echoed from the ensuite.
"This crap," he muttered as he walked back out and straight into the wardrobe.

He was talking to himself in Russian, sounding frustrated. The poor guy seemed all over the place.

"G you ok?" I looked around curiously.
"Girlfriend cheat, not ok Cam," he said back, "know I kiss you, was mistake, never do more," he threw his duffel bag at my feet before walking back out and heading for his dresser.
"I never do this!" He looked flustered and like he was about to brake into some crazy fit of rage.

I didn't know about what happened between us being a mistake. At the time yes it was a mistake but kissing him would never be a mistake for me.

"Geno," I spoke up hesitantly.
"What?!" He slammed the drawer shut and turned around with angry eyes.
"I am sorry," it was almost like a reflex that I really did what to happen but there were tears rolling down my cheeks.
"Cam..." He sighed and pushed himself away from the drawer into my direction.
"I should have told you in the beginning," I shook my head suddenly feeling guilty.
"Not your fault," he put his hands on either side of my neck to tilt my face up so I would look at him, "not mean blame you, sorry," his voice was suddenly calmer when he noticed how distressed I was.

"Come here," he pulled me tightly into his embrace and let me cry. I didn't want to seem pathetic or anything but for some reason I was crying and I wasn't about to stop on my own.

I heard someone else in the room but was feeling too ridiculous to look. I knew by the rapid russian and Geno's jerky movements around me that it was Oksana and that only made me want to hide more.

I felt lost the moment Geno pulled away from me to grab his bag but then his hand was sliding into mine and I felt ok for a moment. 

Oksana followed us as we walked down the stairs. They were still yelling at each other in Russian and I was glad because I didn't want to know what kind of words were being said between the two of them.

"Cam get in car," Geno opened the passenger door and ushered me in.
"But..."
"Not worry," he shut the door before I could say anything before heading back up to the house.

I sat and started at my hands in my lap while I listened to the arguing going on. It reminded me of my parents when they split, the arguing, the yelling, the tears, I didn't want it and I didn't want to be a part of it. I guess that was why I cried, kind of like a defence mechanism because when I cried that was when my parents stopped fighting but that wasn't going to happen this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys I am not completely sure about this one but I do feel that some insight into Cam and how she cares and maybe I can start a bit on her family too.