The Opportunity Has Just Begun

I Will Always Be There To Help

"Are you ok?" I spoke up into the killer silence of the car.
"Mmm," he grunted.
"What did she say?" I pressed letting my hand fall onto his for a reassuring squeeze.
"Cam stop!" He wrenched his hand away from mine and gripped the steering wheel as if his life depended on it, "not your problem so stop. Not need your help, so leave alone."

I stopped and sat quietly in the seat next to him. He was still worked up from seeing Oksana and I couldn't blame him either. When Geno really cared about something he poured his heart and soul into it, whether it was hockey or people he made sure everyone knew how important it was to him. Oksana had wronged him, broken something that meant so much to him and it was going to take some time for him to be ok again. Granted he wasn't perfect himself but then again nobody truly is. I just wished he wasn't angry at me.

I stood back and watched as he grabbed his things from the car. I wasn't going to ask him if he was ok or if he needed help just so he could snap at me again but I wanted to be nearby so he knew I was still here for him no matter what.

"Hey gu..." Sid stopped when I waved him off as we walked in the door.
"Was she there?" He winced as Geno disappeared upstairs without a word.
"Yeah he's a little upset," I admitted, "maybe just let him be for now."
"Ok, well Megan wants to cook dinner so he better not go taking it out on her," he warned.
"Oh Sidney Crosby, such the king protecting his queen," I teased nudging his shoulder.
"Shut up," he narrowed his eyes at me as if him and his broken jaw could scare me.
"I am just saying, I think you two are lucky to have each other," I defended.
"Yeah we are, maybe you should use your blind date skills for Geno."
"Yeah maybe, give him some time first," I shrugged before heading off upstairs and into my room.

I needed a break, some time for just me, away from the chaos and other people's problems. 

I found my runners and grabbed my iPod; going outside for a jog would be exactly what the doctor ordered. I turned up my music like I was some ridiculous teenager and blocked out any potential for someone to bug me and just ran.

The wind was cold on my face, the pavement while hard felt perfect under the cushioning of my shoes. I had missed doing this, going for a run and getting lost in my own little world. Until of course it was disturbed, I needed to remember to leave my phone home sometimes.

"Geno?" I puffed not understanding as to why he wanted to talk to me now.
"Cam..."
"G, what's wrong?" 
"Where you go?" He sounded a lot more worried than he probably should have been.
"I am out for a run, I just needed some time."
"... Because of me?" Why was he doing this now? I was fine with him being angry at me but this back and forth was not fun for my mind.
"It's not your fault, I get your angry I was just trying to help... I thought you needed it."
"I know," he sighed, "am sorry. You come back now?"
"Do you want me to?" I was feeling even more confused now, why would he want me after making it clear he wanted me to leave him alone.
"Sid go to Mario's."
"And your alone... and you don't like being alone... and Sid's house makes you feel more alone... and right now as much as you say you want to be alone you really don't?" I could almost imagine his sweet innocent face nodding as I spoke.
"You come back?" He pressed.
"Ok, ok, I am on my way, give me 5 minutes," I hung up and started the jog home from the park.

I didn't know what his deal was but it was me and at the drop of the hat I would be there to help anyone who needed it, and Geno, well I would do anything to make him feel better, anything to please him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I know this is short but it's something :)

Just thought I would let you all know that I might not be updating all that much for a while. Last week on Monday night my best friend and I were in a serious car accident. A car pulled out in front of us and my friend swerved to miss them before losing control and running head on into a large wooden light pole at about 70km/h. The car is a complete right off but lucky for us we survived. I have broken both femurs which have been surgically repaired with titanium rods, fractured left ankle with torn ligaments and a k wire to fix my broken left thumb (Between the female population I have some crazy bruising on my boob from the seatbelt too, ouch!)

So I am currently on bed rest for the rest of the week and hopefully next week when my surgeon comes to see me he will give me the ok to start trying to get up, or at least into a wheelchair :) which means I can go outside into that god damn fresh air.
I won't be going home for a few more weeks yet and until then I don't think the updates will be regular, or at least until I get the wire out of my thumb so I can move and type properly or if I get my laptop back but I will be around reading stories and sending messages if anyone wants to talk, I am a little bored to say the least.