The Opportunity Has Just Begun

I Could Get Used To This

“Morning grumpy,” I teased as Geno plodded into the kitchen.
“Not grumpy,” he mumbled running his hand through his disheveled bed hair.
“Look it,” I pointed out.
“Don't like mornings,” he bent down and scooped up my little fur ball of a cat.
“Nobody likes mornings G,” I assured him.
“Sid does.”
“He isn't human, doesn't count,” I shook my head.

I could get used to Geno being the first person I saw when I woke up in the morning, especially a shirtless Geno. Standing in the middle of the kitchen with Nemo in his arms, shirtless, sleepy eyed, messy hair; the works, that was what I wanted to wake up to everyday.

“Earth to Cam,” Geno smiled his big toothy grin at me.
“What?” I was ripped from my little day dream.
“Is Sid practicing with team today?” he set Nemo down on the floor and began ransacking the fridge.
“I think so... what do you think of Megan?”
“She's nice,” he shrugged as he grabbed out the milk and began to pour himself a glass.
“Just nice?” I pressed.
“She cook good, make Sid happy... why?” he spoke between gulps.
“... just wondering.”
“Don't worry Cam, Sid always love you most.”
“Hey,” I frowned, “that is not why I was asking,” I pouted.
“Not get grumpy now,” he smiled knowing his shit stirring was getting to me.
“Maybe I am researching,” I slipped down from the counter and moved over to the sink to rinse my bowl out.
“For what?” he stepped next to me flicking the water spout towards him to rinse his cup.
“Personal things,” I shrugged.
“Like?”
“For me to know and you to find out,” I rose my eyebrows at him before darting off upstairs to get ready for practice.

Thing was Megan had to be doing something right if she could hold down the infamous Sidney Crosby. He was difficult in more ways than one, he was a pain but somehow she kept him wrapped up for herself. It wasn't that he wouldn't be loyal to her because Sid would be, it was just that the offers would roll in on a regular basis and in the end he was a man but still his eyes were glued to her and only her. I wanted that too.

“How's the new housemate?” Suttsy smiled as I climbed up on the spin bike next to him.
“Terrible.” Perfect.
“Really? But you guys room together all the time on road trips surely it can't be that bad,” he frowned.
“Worse.”

Not really, I loved being able to be close with Geno without the other guys around or the pressure that one of us was in a relationship. I was actually beginning to wish Oksana would never leave that house so he could stay with us for a little while longer.

Sure Geno had just gotten out of something rather messy with Oksana but his actions from now on were his choice and if no one was going to get hurt than I would be happy to be a part of it. If he chose not to then it would be something I would have to learn to deal with, because in the end he is my teammate first and anything after that came second best.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys :) So after 5 weeks in hospital I finally got home last week. I have never loved my own bed more than I do right now.
Hopefully I will be updating more because I really do want to but we will see, my thumb is still wired still so typing can get frustrating unless I am on my computer and even then it still sucks.