The Opportunity Has Just Begun

Psyching The Others Up

"How do you think the team is going to handle the playoffs without the captain?"
"Sid brings a lot to the team and a lot to the ice and we certainly miss his presence out there but we are definitely prepared."
"What about you? Your only a rookie, the playoffs are obviously a different sort I game to the regular season, how are you going to approach it?"
"Like I approach every game," I shrugged.
"So no extra preparation?"
"Nope, none," I smiled tightly letting them know I was ready for the press to move on.

It wasn't that I didn't like the media, most days we had a lot of fun with them but sometimes like now when the tension was high in the locker room they were the last people I wanted to talk to.

"Cam you ready for tonight?" Dan clapped as the reporters wandered off to talk to Geno.
"Sure am."
"Good get home and have some rest, your going to need it," he slapped my shoulder.
"Alright."

"Last year was not great for me, but I have chance to play better," I listened to the end of Geno's interview and honestly to me he sounded rather upset.

"Hey," I caught the big Russian as he was headed for the doors, "everything alright?"
"Just worry about game," he sighed.
"Did the reporters say something?" I asked as we kept walking out towards our cars.
"No just remind of last year, not want to happen again."
"It won't don't worry," I offered with a smile.
"How you know?"
"Because you have me this year."
"Yeah we do," he cracked a smile and slipped his arm around my waist pulling me into his side.

I knew Geno was having a hard time lately and I knew he didn't take well to loosing and he never did like to talk about last years playoffs but I was positive we would be fine and if I was positive hopefully it would rub off on him too.

"Hey Sid," I found the captain spread eagle on the lounge room carpet with Nemo curled up on his chest, "what did the doctors say?"
"Not yet," he sighed.
"Don't worry you'll be good to go soon, it's not like your concussion where they had no clue when you would be better," I sat down next to him.
"Yeah I guess, I just don't want to go missing out again."
"All you guys are such downers about this," I rolled my eyes, "this year is a new year, new team and we just have to focus. We are all healthy, you'll be fine and everything will work out."
"I know," he sat up, "...maybe you should be the captain, give some speeches?"
"No, your captain but if you want me to give speeches than that I can do," I slapped his shoulder before getting up to grab lunch and take a nap. I had a game to get ready for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. I hope you all are enjoying this story still, stick with me on this because hopefully I can pick up writing a little better and longer soon :)