The Opportunity Has Just Begun

Falling For Him

"You honestly didn't have to come back with me, you could have stayed with the guys," I turned to Geno as we reached the front door.
"Cam tell you hundred times is ok," he put his hand on my back as I put the key in a unlocked the door.
"Yeah but I feel bad," I shoved the door open and stepped inside.
"Why?" He frowned with that adorable face of his.
"Well I feel like its my fault that your here when you could be there having a lot more fun."
"How you know we not have fun?" He smiled cheekishly.
"Because I am going for a shower and you will have to entertain yourself while I do," I headed for the stairs leaving him in the foyer.
"Is ok, I play with Nemo until you come back," he scooped up the bundle of fur by his feet and headed into the lounge room.

I jumped I the shower so I could freshen up again, I felt clammy and horrible from all the other people on the club and I just wanted to relax, ponder my thoughts for awhile before going downstairs to face my Russian teammate.

If there was one really bad flaw I had it was indecisiveness. I could never make up my mind for myself without going back and forth on an idea a million times.

I knew if I really wanted to I could have stayed at the club, stayed dancing with Geno, gotten drunk and probably end up having sex with him or something which wouldn't have been all that bad because god did I long to be with that man sometimes. But the sober part of me said no, you care too much for this to be a one night thing don't ruin it. I mean after all why fix something that isn't broken? And so far if it meant Geno would be in my life for awhile to come I would rather be friends with him than nothing at all.

"Cam you shower too long," I heard Gebo complain from outside my bedroom door.
"I am not in the shower anymore, you can come in if you want," I was flat on my back on my bed trying to figure out what to do with myself.

The door creaked open and Geno peered in curiously like a child trying to take a sneak peek at Santa putting present under the tree.

"You ok?" He stepped inside and shut the door behind him.
"Yeah just so exhausted from the game," I lied as he joined me in the bed.
"You play good, tough, bet them up. Do same for Boston and we win," he sat up against the headboard.
"I hope so, being a rookie and winning the cup would be awesome," I shuffled closer so I could rest against him.
"Wise person tell me not to worry, try best, all you can do," he slipped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to where he was satisfied with me being, right against him with my head on his shoulder.

We sat in the quiet for a while, just the two of us, no awkwardness, no need to fill the silence with useless words, just comfort.

"Cam," I felt Geno shake me lightly as I began to nod off.
"Mmm," I groaned.
"Need to get under blankets, you freeze," he began to pull away giving me no other option but to move.

I stayed where I was as he moved the blankets around me and all but tucked me in like my mother used to as a kid.

"Geno," I flinched as he ran his finger up my neck.
"What?" He smiled doing it again.
"Stop it."
"Can't make me," he dug his fingers into my sides making me break out in laughter.

"Geno if you stop that I am going to..."
"What? What Cam do?" he pocked me in the stomach.
"I don't know, something," I narrowed my eyes at him, "make you sleep on the couch?"
"Oh I am hurt," he mocked me, "but too weak to move me," he climbed over me and laid down on the empty half of my big bed.

I wasn't too weak to move him, if I wanted to I would have found away to get rid of him from my bed but I didn't want that. Instead we both ended up in the middle of the bed, face to face.

"I meant what I said before," I whispered as his eyes began to slip shut, "about how I feel about you," I reached forward and ran my hand through his hair needing to touch him in some way.
"Mmm I like you too, not always show it but I try," he seeked out my hand and encased it with his own to place a soft kiss on my palm.
"Go to sleep," I found myself smiling as he yawned and snuggled into the pillow and blanket more.

In the dark, I could see the outline of his features. He seemed so peaceful like this, eyes closed, hair a mess all over the place. Damn I was falling so hard for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So?... What do you guys think? Geno and Cam? Do we like them?