The Opportunity Has Just Begun

It Won't Be Long Now

“Cam you haven't had anything to eat all day, just have something,” Sid sat on the coffee table with an array of fruits on a plate for me.
“I am not hungry.”
“And if you don't eat your blood sugar is going to drop and you will get sick.”
“I don't care,” I wrapped myself further in the blanket still not feeling up for it after Geno left without a word last night.
“Well I do, now as your captain I want you to eat everything on this plate or you will be out of the playoffs.”
“You wouldn't,” I sat up and narrowed my eyes at him.
“Watch me,” he poked his tongue out at me knowing I wouldn't have that and would have to eat the stuff.
“Fine,” I took the plate from him and snatched a piece of apple from it.

“By the way Geno is coming around for dinner so you better shape up,” he slapped my leg and headed back into the kitchen.
“Is Megan coming?... oh wait of course she is. Your like a headless chook without her,” I attacked him weakly.
“Hey,” Sid looked offended as he walked back in with his own plate of fruit, “is this some kind of jealousy I am sensing?”
“What would I be jealous of you for?” I scoffed.
“Really? Don't think I don't know about you and Geno.”
“I am going to kill Megan,” I groaned flopping back onto the couch.
“She tells me everything,” he teased, “but seriously if he hurts you ever again I will kill him.”
“Yeah well he has ignored me all day.”
“Come on it will be fine, it's Geno he's probably just thinking of some crazy Russian way to tell you how he feels.”
“Yeah ok.”

I never took to listening to anything Sid had to say unless it was to do with hockey, lets just say he wasn't very good at the people thing. Until of course Megan came along and they became the it couple of the group, mostly from Megan's out going demeanor. But for now I was going to take advice from just about anyone.

I was sitting at the table playing with my diabetes kit, zipping and unzipping the case when Geno arrived. My mouth dried in an instant when I heard his voice and then I froze when he walked into the room. Why did he always have this kind of effect on me? Even though I was annoyed at him, I wanted nothing more than to just curl up in his arms again.

I stayed quiet as Sid and Megan got dinner ready and Geno, he kind of kept his distance. In a way I guess I couldn't blame him, every time we had an argument I blew up in his face about it but this time I wasn't going to, I was going to stay quiet and let him work it out when he was ready to.

“Here Cam,” Sid put my dinner in front of me as Megan and Geno finally joined us, whispering things to one another.
“Thanks,” I pushed my diabetes kit away from me and dug in without another word.

I wasn't really eating my food but I found that it was easier to pretend I was paying attention to it than continue to be distracted by Geno and his big smile. Sid continued to try and bring me into the conversation but that was the complete opposite to what I wanted.

“Everything ok?” Geno spoke up and nudged my foot lightly under the table with his own.
“I don't feel well,” I mumbled and picked at the peas on my plate.
“That's because you already skipped out on all your other food today,” Sid said.
“Yeah well that's my choice isn't it,” I let whatever pent up anger I had inside fall through the seams and I headed off to my room before I could go insane.

I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling for a few minutes before there was a knock at the door.
“Cam,” I heard Geno's thick accent and sighed knowing this wasn't what I needed right now.
“What?”

He opened the door and stepped inside before shutting it behind him and walking over to my bed.
“We talk?” he asked as he sat down on the edge of the bed and rested his hand on my leg.
“Ok,” but I didn't take my eyes of the ceiling.
“Cam,” he sighed as he reached forward and cupped my chin making me look at him, “I want you know I am sorry, I not want to leave last night but I needed to think.”
“I know, I kind of figured that,” I pulled away not being able to handle the intensity in his eyes.
“I like you Cam, I like a lot,” he reached out and grabbed my hand, “but I think we need to wait until...”
“The playoffs are finished,” I butted in.
“Not want to wait but hockey is important for us.”
“I know.”

I hated when Geno made sense, he hardly ever made ever sense or made open mature decisions but when it came to this right now he was right. We couldn't afford to have a fight at such a crucial part of the series and ruin our on ice chemistry, I would probably lose my spot on the team and Geno would be on the bench forever if we stuffed this up. So right now it was just going to have to wait.

I was dragged out of my thoughts when I noticed Geno climbing over me to the other side of the bed and curling me up in his arms, my back pulled tightly against his chest.

“It not be long, sooner then we think,” he dropped a kiss to the top of my head and settled quietly behind me, still above the blankets but so close it didn't matter.
♠ ♠ ♠
So? Geno is still pulling this waiting game, hopefully he doesn't drive Cameron too insane but we will see :)