The Opportunity Has Just Begun

Something About Him

When I woke up and couldn't move from the bed because of the weight holding onto me I didn't actually think it was Geno. I had been too tired to remember much from the night before except losing to Boston, it wasn't exactly something to remember but then my mind was catching up to me and I remembered him being upset and then climbing into bed without a word.

“Geno,” I reached back and put my hand on his thigh to shake him awake.
He groaned in what must have been a Russian protest and buried his face into my back. Had I known what we were I probably would have been fine with this but with the uncertainty between us I didn't want to be getting my hopes up only for them to come crashing back down on me.
“Come on I need to get up,” I wriggled around and pried his arm from around my waist so I could get up this time.

I took a moment to look back him, curled up in amongst my blankets. I never wanted to know more what was going on in someone else's mind than I did his over these past few days. He had been coming to me when everything was bad, he had gotten a little more handsy and honestly it confused me. I knew he liked me and I knew he wanted to wait until the playoffs were over but I didn't want to just jumped straight into something just because there was no more hockey and if that was what going on in his head than I honestly would rather not be with. There is a time and a place and I didn't want him to be acting out on something because he was upset, I wanted him to want to be with me because he liked me not because he wanted someone to make him feel better.

“Cam,” I heard his croaky morning voice from the bedroom as I was brushing my teeth.
“Yeah?” I poked my head out of the bathroom.
“What time we leave?” he sat up rubbing his eyes. God did that man look like a god to me sitting on the edge of the bed in his boxers, his toned chest and strong muscular arms on display. That was cuddling me last night? It was almost good enough to forget about everything I had previously thought about and let him do as he pleased, if I didn't have a lot self worth.
“In about an hour.”
“Ok can I have shower?” he stood up and winced grabbing his side.
“Shit are you ok?” I frowned noticing the bruise on his ribs.
“Am ok Cam,” he didn't even fight me as I got a closer look, poking at his side.
“Does this hurt?” I put my hand over it and pressed lightly.
“No,” but I could see the wince about to show on his face.
“Your lying,” I frowned pressing harder.
“No you have cold hands,” he protested as I headed back into the bathroom.

“Well you should probably tell someone about it,” I grabbed a hand towel as he appeared in the doorway still holding his side, “you might have really hurt yourself.”
“Is fine,” he shook his head.
“It looks pretty bad,” I moved his hand out of the way and pressed the cold wet towel to his bruise, “this will have to do until you can get some ice on it.”
“Thanks,” I could feel him watch me as I walked back out into our room.

“Hey Cam,” he followed me but stopped in the middle of the room looking a little lost.
“Yeah?” I asked as I searched for my tracksuit in my suitcase to wear on the flight home.
“Last night, you ok with it?” his eyebrows knitted together like he was frustrated with his choice of words.
“With you sleeping in the bed with me?”
“Yeah,” he looked relieved that I understood.
“Yeah it was fine.”
“Are you sure? If not tell me, I can apologize.”
“No G, you don't need to apologize it's ok.”
“But I do something you not want, tell me.”
“Alright but you haven't done anything wrong, it was actually quiet nice to have someone close by after losing like that.”
“It was,” he smiled softly with a hint of guilt like he knew what he was doing.

There was something about him. He had such a caring manner and he could be such a gentleman sometimes but he had such a cheeky side to him. Just because his English wasn't always crash hot didn't mean he wasn't smart and didn't know what he was doing. There was something about that side of him that made him so endearing to me and I had no clue why. He had me no matter what he did, I just hoped he would take advantage of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Also for those of you that have already read 'Falling For You Was Out Of My Control' I am having another shot at it because I wasn't completely satisfied with my writing so go check it out, if you haven't read it don't worry you can enjoy this one When You're Happy Like A Fool Let It Take You Over