The Opportunity Has Just Begun

I Need This Man In My Life

“Cameron... Cam... Cammy, wake up,” I heard Geno's thick morning Russian accent drown into my ears as I came back into consciousness from him shaking me.
“Why?” I groaned keeping my eyes screwed shut.
“Need to check blood sugar,” I felt the bed dip down next to me and heard him unzipping something.
“No, sleep more,” I pulled the covers up over my head wanting nothing to do with anyone at this point in time.
“No,” he grabbed the blankets and pulled them down giving me no other option, “Give me hand, Sid kill me if I not look after you.”
“Sid sucks,” but I had given up the fight and let him take my hand.

I felt the tiny prick on my finger and heard his disapproving sigh.
“Cam blood sugar low, is bad, need eat,” he got up and disappeared before I could say anything.

I sat up and the whole room span for a brief moment before my eyes focused on the floor where a collection of pillows and blankets were.

What happened last night? The last thing I really remembered was kissing Geno in the kitchen but there was flashes of other things happening, us dancing, sitting outside on the porch swing with him and then there was a random moment when I was in the shower. My mind was a mess and I could only hope Geno would have some answers.

“Why is that stuff on the ground?” I pointed to the makeshift looking as Geno walked back in with a Gatorade in one hand and a bowl of fruit in the other.
“I sleep on it,” he shrugged.
“Why? How come you didn't sleep in your bed? I could have slept on the floor.”
“You were drunk Cam, you pass out not going to leave you on floor,” he frowned as he sat back down on the edge of the bed and handed over the fruit, “found these too,” he pulled a small packet of skittles from the pocket of his sweatpants and put them on the bedside dresser.
“Thanks,” I smiled but I was still confused by his behavior. He didn't have a problem cuddling up to me earlier on in the night, what could have changed his mind so suddenly?

“What happened last night?” I asked as he got up and wandered around his room cleaning up all the loose things.
“Lots happened.”
“Like what? I don't remember much.”
“Not surprise Cam, you drink lots.”
“Well what do you remember?” I pressed.
“Everything... you?” his eyes trailed over to me briefly before looking away as he noticed me watching his every move.
“I remember doing shots and dancing and something about a shower.”
“Lazy spray you with beer.”
“Oh,” that made sense, which also explained why I was in only my underwear and one of Geno's shirts.
“Remember kissing?” his voice was quiet and he didn't look at me this time making himself busier with his clothes in his drawers.
“Yeah, that was... I liked that,” I admitted sheepishly.
“Good,” he still wouldn't look at me but by how tense his muscles were I knew he was skipping out on something.

“Did something else happen? Did... we didn't have sex did we?” he froze at the mention of the word sex and that made my heart race, “...Geno?”
“No but... you ask, you say wanted to but I say no because you too drunk,” he shut the drawer and slowly turned around to face me with sad eyes.
“I didn't get angry at you did I?”
“...You cry and say I not care about you, but I care Cam is why I not do it,” he looked hurt by my accusation that I don't even remember.
“Geno,” I sighed as I climbed out of the bed and walked over to him, “I am sorry I didn't mean it.”
“Not have to say sorry, just not want to think I never care, I always care,” he looked down at me as I closed the gap between us.
“I know you do,” I put my hand on his chest and felt his chest rise and fall quickly as he sighed, “...are we ok? Because if we're not I want to fix it.”

If there was one thing I wanted if was for Geno to be in my life no matter what and I would do anything to make that happen because for some reason or another I had fallen for the star Russian center and there was nothing I could do about it but hope he would fall for me back.

“No, no we ok,” he shook his head.
“Good... now are you going to kiss me or what?”
“Yes,” he smiled moving his hands to my waist and pulled me flush against him as I moved my hands around to the nape of his neck and lent up on my tip toes.

I didn't think kissing him could have gotten any better than it had last night but this I liked too. He was so gentle, the smallest hint of tongue taking his time to deepen the kiss while his large hands kept me to him. I could definitely get used to this.

“I go make real breakfast, then go buy new phone, ok?” he asked as we pulled away.
“Ok, can I have a shower?”
“Yeah, towels in bathroom cupboard,” he pointed to his ensuite.
“Um do you have anything I could wear?” I looked down to where the shirt only stopped mid thigh.
“I find something,” he turned back around to his drawers to sift through them ultimately messing up all the cleaning he had just done.
“Thank you,” I smiled sweetly before ducking off into the bathroom.

“I leave clothes on bed,” he called out.
“Ok... hey Geno?” I peeked out of the door.
“Yeah?”
“Would you have said yes if I wasn't drunk?” I bit my lip nervously as his eyes looked me up and down.
“Try stop me,” he smiled devilishly as his eyes grew darker.
“I will keep that in mind,” I returned the smile and got back to freshening up.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I went Ice skating for the first time since my accident last night and I have been beyond happy ever since so I had to update with something happy and positive in it, it's just a huge natural high for me and I can't wait to be able to play hockey again next season. I AM SO EXCITED!

Anyways how do you guys like this? I am thinking about writing maybe a sequel for this (because who doesn't love sequels) and if I can develop enough of a story line to see fit I will, if not I am probably going to end it soon :(