The Opportunity Has Just Begun

It Has Only Just Began

I had never really been one to complain about waking up early, it was all part of the game, being awake at all hours of the day or night when most people were at home asleep in their own beds. That had been my life since I was kid, going places to play hockey.

I had gotten used to quiet rooms because everyone would be taking every chance they got to rest while I preferred the sound of my sneakers hitting the pavement on a brisk morning. But for the first time I didn't want to get out of bed. I had Geno's arms wrapped tightly around me, all warm skin pressed against me as he snored away and the snoring, that didn't even bother me, usually I would be more than happy to smother them with a pillow but I didn't even want to move afraid of waking him.

If I had have known that this was how he was I would have jumped at the chance when he broke up with Oskana, I could have had this a long time ago if I had just have had the guts to say something.

I grabbed his hand and tried to untangle us enough to roll over but that was turning out to be a task proven impossible without waking him.

"Cam," he groaned voice full of sleep.
"Sorry," I whispered, "I just need to go to the bathroom."
"Stay," he tightened his grasp on me like a snake on its prey.
"Geno," I sighed but it wasn't going to help.

"Evgeni," I whined reaching up to run my hand through his soft hair, "please I will be right back I promise."

He didn't answer me but as his grip loosened enough and he didn't fight me to move I knew I had won.

I reluctantly climbed out of the warmth of the bed and searched around for my panties.
"Geno where's your shirts?" I hissed feeling self conscious in almost nothing.
"Second drawer," he mumbled.
"Thanks, I promise I will wash them for you."
"Is ok."

I ducked into the safety of the bathroom and used the toilet before jumping through the shower. Every muscle in my body ached, my back was killing me, places that hadn't hurt in a long time hurt again but it was completely worth it. Because when I wandered back out in the bedroom and Geno was sitting up, rubbing his eyes, sheet sitting on his hips. Damn he looked good.

"You gone too long," he pouted with sad eyes.
"I know but once I have woken up I can't get back to sleep," I moved back over to stand at the foot of the bed.
"Sid ruin you."
"He was just setting a good example for the rookie," I shrugged.
"Bad example," he complained.
"Well you're awake now, do you want to go get breakfast before going in to pack up at the rink?"
"Only," he climbed out of bed and grabbed his briefs slipping them on quickly, "if is breakfast date."
"We already had sex and now you want to take me out on the date? That's not how this usually works," I teased poking him in the stomach playfully.
"Cam," he whined trying not to laugh, "please?"
"Ok," I lent up on my tip toes and gave him a quick peck, "but only if your paying."
"Of course I pay," he scoffed like it was a given.

I made myself busy while he showered and headed downstairs to find my tank top that had been tossed on the floor in all that went on last night.

What were we going to tell people? I hadn't gone home since the party and it was the team, nothing stayed private for very long. Especially with Sid and his big mouth when it came to dumb things I did. I am sure everyone knew by now that I had passed out at the party, I am sure I had passed out in front of them all. It would be just my luck.

"Ready?" Geno came out of nowhere and wrapped his arms around me from behind.
"Did I leave my flip flops here?" I let his kisses linger on my neck while I kept a look out for them.
"By door," he turned us around in the direction and sure enough they were right there.
"Cool, thanks," I escaped his grasp and fetched my shoes.

While the car ride was quiet it was awkward at all. I was still thinking about everything that had happened and how fast it had progressed once we had established our feelings for one another but I wasn't regretting any of it.

Geno opened the cafe door for me with a smile on his face, playing the gentlemen card just a little harder than he used to.

We sat down and the waitress was quick to take our order before wandering back behind the counter to talk to another girl.

"When are you going back to Russia?" I spoke up as Geno fiddled with the menu flipping the pages back and forth.
"Two days."
"What?!" I almost chocked on my water, "why so soon?"
"Not know this happen with us, wanted go home early."
"What does that mean?" I frowned.
"Not have reason to stay in Pittsburgh before," he shrugged.
"So you would have stayed longer if something had have happened before?"
"For few weeks... You not going home?"
"I will but I have a few things to sort out here first. I have a meeting with Ray and Dan next week too."
"What about?" He looked honestly a little concerned.
"My contract, hopefully we can work something out so I can stay at least a couple more years."
"Hopefully stay more than couple years," he smiled, cheeks flushing a light shade of pink.
"So do I," I reached over and grabbed his fidgeting hand and squeezed it softly.

Honestly I hoped I stayed in Pittsburgh forever. I couldn't begin to imagine playing for any other team and I never wanted that to happen. Here was the beginning and here was were I wanted it to end.

We had a quiet breakfast, mulling over the season and staying relatively positive until I brought up us.

"What are we going to say about us?" I asked through bites of my pancakes.
"What you mean?"
"Well if anyone asks about the party, what's the deal? Are we going to tell them we are together or keep it to ourselves?"
"Fine telling we together," he shrugged.
"But don't you think we should just keep it quiet for now? What about Dan? I don't know if they would be ok with us," I found myself panicking a little with the topic not wanting to offend him.
"Ok, ok," he reached out and grabbed my hand obviously sensing how scared I was, "we not say anything, if they ask tell them not their business," he brought my hand up to kiss my knuckles and smiled reassuringly.
"I don't know how you stay calm," I shook my head, "but I am glad one of us is."
"Not need to worry, everything work out."

I hated when people around me were calm, it made me feel ten times more paranoid than I actually was. During hockey Geno was the crazy one getting call for dumb plays but he had a way of staying calm about things like this.

We finished up eating, paid the waitress a fair tip and headed out before the mornings crowd came in.

It was different being with Geno this way, the two of us and it not being awkward because we were finally on the same page about our feelings. Granted there was still going to be a few things we would need to iron out, like public displays of affection for a start but we would work it out over time.

We headed into the locker room, most of the guys where already there sorting through their gear, putting sticks away as a few of the media personal meandered around.

A couple of the guys, Flower and Sutter were sitting together with big grins on their faces like hey knew what was up. I knew we would cop it from a few of the guys and I guessed Flower was to be expected but Sid was a completely out of the blue.

"Have fun last night?" He beamed.
"Shut up Sid nothing happened," I frowned trying to ignore him as I sat down in my stall to sort through my ready and waiting gear bag.
"I know that look on Geno's face, your lying."
"What look?" Geno sat down in his stall trying to play it cool but he wasn't very good at hiding the guilty expression.
"That one," Sid pointed out and everyone broke out in laughter as both Geno went bright red

"Finally boarded the Russian express huh?" Sutter smiled slipping in next to me.
"Shut up," I looked down.
"Was he as good as he likes to say he is," he had a look on his face that I couldn't quiet pin but I wanted to smack it right out of him non the less.
"Honestly... He was better," I said rather smugly and shot Geno a quick smile before ducking out of the room leaving cat calls and wolf whistles in my wake.

As much as these guys drove me crazy I couldn't deny that I would be heart broken if I had to leave. Next week I was going to have to give them every reason to keep me here and hopefully my year was enough proof that I was worth it. My opportunity had just began with both Geno and hockey and I was no where near ready for either of them to be over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys I hope this was a satisfying ending for all be on the lookout the sequel, I am still working on it but hopefully I can get something uploaded soon.