The Opportunity Has Just Begun

My New Roommate

As it turned out through getting my chance to talk to him would come sooner than I wanted. We were going to be rooming together when we got to Washington for our back to back game.

I shifted in my seat as he walked passed offering a small smile before disappearing further down the plane.

“Looks like you becoming your own person,” Sid slipped into the seat next to me.
“I was just standing up for myself,” I shrugged.
“How’s your lip?”
“Yeah it’s ok, I think I am just more worn out,” I looked down at my hands as they began to shake.
“Are you ok?” he sat up with a concerned look on his face.
“I am just cold,” I pulled my tracksuit jacket around me tighter.
“Here take my jacket,” he placed it on my lap.
“Thanks,” I shivered but I wasn’t sure if it was because I was actually cold, there was something else going on making me feel off.

I pulled my legs up to my chest which helped the spinning in my head calm down enough that I could fall asleep. I had no idea what was going but my body was finally getting its payback.

“Cam, wake up,” I woke to Sid whispering in my ear as he shook my shoulder.
“No,” I mumbled turning over away from him.
“Come on, we are here,” he nudged me again.
“Come on sleeping beauty,” I heard James from behind me, “get up,” I couldn’t resist them any longer when I was getting a beanie shoved in my face.
“You guys suck,” I grumbled reluctantly getting up.

I felt uneasy on my feet, stumbling trying to get my bag and jacket before almost tripping out into the aisle.

“You ok?” his large hand caught my arm stopping me from going face first into the ground.
“Uh yeah, just dizzy from the air pressure,” I lied straightening myself up.
“Here,” he grabbed my bag for me.

I was too tired and feeling off to be bothered by Geno caring again, I just wanted to get to the hotel and sleep and hope that whatever was going on would just go away.

We got to our room and the first thing I did was change into my sweatpants which as expected left Geno questioning me.

“Not come get food?” he frowned pulling a beanie over his head.
“No I am just going to stay here and get some sleep, I am not feeling well,” I fished out my water bottle from my bag and climbed into bed.
“Want me get you food?”
“No it’s ok, but thanks anyways.”

I climbed into my bed and pulled the blankets up around my neck feeling a lot more relaxed once Geno had gone.

I don’t know what was going on in my mind but I was feeling more and more homesick as the days went by and the more I missed home the more I needed someone to rely on and at the moment it was Sid.

“Geno said you weren’t feeling well so I brought you back some supplies,” Sid pulled out two fresh water bottles, my favorite yellow Gatorade, a box of crackers and a couple of bananas.
“Sid,” I sighed sitting up as Geno walked in with guilt all over his face, “I am fine.”

“Are you sure you didn’t blank out at all?” Sid sat down on the edge of the bed.
“I am sure,” I rolled my eyes as he fussed over me, “did you really have to tell him?” I looked at Geno disapprovingly as he kicked his shoes off.
He just shrugged and headed for the door, “Sid,” he pointed out into the hall, “go.”
“I am the captain, you can’t tell me… ok fine,” he got up and headed for the door, “look after her.”
“I will,” he rolled his eyes at him before shutting the door.

“You ok?” he began sifting through his things pulling out sweats and a shirt.
“I don’t know,” I sighed, “I hope so because I really don’t want to miss this game.”
“You play good,” he nodded, “everyone be scared of you now.”

I looked at him with a frown on my face as he smiled back thinking he was funny.

“I will kick your ass if I have to,” I sunk back into the comfort of the bed hoping to just fall asleep.
“Dreams,” he snatched the remote control from my bed and sat on his bed changing the channels.

Normally I would have argued when someone changed the television on me and even more so when he flicked over to some stupid David Attenborough documentary but right now I couldn’t care less. I was just happy that we could be in the same room and not kill each other with our eyes.

“How come I have never met this infamous girlfriend of yours?” I rolled over and propped myself up on my elbow.
“She is… difficult,” he sighed.
“How so?” I wrapped my arms around my pillow.
“She not like America, want me go back to Russia.”
“Why? Who doesn’t love America?”
“Oksana not fit in, no friends, people not give her chance,” he shook his head, “she come for me so I feel bad.”
“Well why don’t you bring her for dinner on Wednesday night? I am sure Sid won’t mind.”
“Really?” he rose his eyebrows at me.
“Why not? All your friends are guys and their not exactly the most exciting people in the world either, no wonder she doesn’t like it.”
“I have fun friends,” he defended.
“Really? Sid?” we both knew fun wasn’t a term you used to describe him.
“Russian friends, you meet one day, they fun.”
“And I am going to hold you to that so no going cold turkey on me,” I pulled the blanket up around my neck.
“Cold what?”
“Turkey, cold turkey, it means giving up something in a hurry.”
“Oh,” he shrugged switching the television off.

So maybe if I became friends with his girlfriend it wouldn’t be so bad between us. I just wanted to be friends with them all. I didn’t want to have favorites or people to think I had favorites because honestly they were all really good guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
So maybe Geno and Cameron will be all good but do you think Oksana and her will get along? Do you think they should get along? or maybe it will ruin what little friendship Geno and Cam have? Let me know what you guys think and also there might be a little something else for Cam to enjoy, or someone.