Status: One-Shot! :)

There Will Come a Time, You'll See.

One and Only.

It was a Saturday afternoon and Jack and Alex were to be found in a doctors office. They didn't want to be here under the circumstances that they suspected but finally they caved in and decided to see the doctor.

Jack and Alex had been trying for a baby, they had been trying for eight months and nothing seemed to have happened.

They dismissed the worrying thoughts in the back of their heads that something could be wrong and thought up other excuses. After five months of constant unprotected sex and various reading sessions of 'Increasing the chance of pregnancy' books Alex decided to track his fertility. If he did what it all said it would work, right?

Wrong.

After another three months of doing anything to increase the chances of having a baby they still had no progress. At this point Jack and Alex started to worry.

Jack returned from work one evening having received a text from Alex earlier in the day stating that he thought he was pregnant. As soon as he opened the door to see his husband of three years lay on the couch wrapped up in a blanket surrounded by tissues and still puffy eyed from crying, he knew his answer. It was a false alarm, again.

Jack sighed, placed his briefcase down and made his way over to the other man on the couch and lifting his into his arms. He felt Alex trembling in his arms, his eyes leaking tears again.

'Alex' Jack sighs kissing the side of his head. 'I’m so sorry honey.' Jack is trying to hold back tears as he prepares himself for what he is about to say next because he hoped that he would never have to be in the situation to say it.

'I-I think it's maybe time to go the doctors, yeah?' Jack states. At this Alex just cries harder because he practically knows what they are going to say, he just doesn't want to believe it.

---

So, There jack and Alex were, sitting in the doctor's office on a cold Saturday afternoon. They sat holding hands snuggled close together whilst the doctor had gone to retrieve the results of the tests they had done earlier in the day.

It was an awkward silence and for the first time both of them had no words to say.

The doctor soon walked back into the office with a sad smile upon his face before sitting down opposite the two men and flicking back through the test results.

He looked back up at the two men before speaking again.

'Im so sorry, but it seems that Alex here has such a low egg count that it is practically impossible to naturally get pregnant.' The doctor spoke to which Alex choked and started rapidly breathing to try and calm himself. Alex's face was soaked with tears and was practically hyperventilating at the news that he just received before Jack pulled him onto his lap, to which Alex lay crying on his chest, soaking his shirt through.

After Alex's crying had subsided the doctor spoke again. 'As you can not naturally conceive you do both have the option to have one round of free IVF.' The doctor said retrieving papers from within the draw of his desk. 'Alex, we would take a few of the little eggs that you have within your body and fertilise them within the lab with Jacks sperm then re-implant them. This way the embryo is created and you should hopefully become pregnant.' The doctor smiled heightening Alex's hopes a little as he saw how enthusiastic he was.

Alex had heard about people having IVF and Alex also thought he saw somebody on the TV have it done. If this was his only way to get pregnant then why shouldn't he do it.

---

It was two months later that Alex was to be found lying on a hospital bed waiting for the doctor to arrive and implant the Pre-made embryo back into Alex. Both Alex and Jack had came into the hospital a few weeks prior to give the doctors and scientists what they needed to make a baby. Jack had the encounter easy, all that he had to do was come in a cup. Whereas Alex had to have minor surgery to retrieve what was needed of him.

But it would all be worth it as any minute now his dreams dreams of being a Daddy would start to become true.

The doctor soon returned with a little glass pot, He assumed it was his baby in there.

Alex lay back and listened to the doctors instructions and for the first time in his life, he prayed. He prayed to a god that he hoped existed that this would work because all he ever wanted was to be a Daddy.

---

The couple had been told to come back to the hospital one month later to check to make sure the procedure had worked.

Within that month Jack could noticeably tell the difference in the Alex that was in front of him. He had a slight spring in his step and the world seemed to shine brighter around him.

The thought of being pregnant made Alex so incredibly happy. His parents had rang earlier in the morning inviting the couple over for a hopefully congratulating dinner.

They were back in an examination room, Alex lay on the bed while Jack held his hand. The doctor walked in smiling at them both as he dragged a machine behind him before setting it to the side of Alex. He turned on the screen and tilted it a little towards the couple before returning to the machine and grabbed the long smooth shaped object and squirted some jelly like substance on the tip of it.

Oh, Alex knew where that was going.

He hissed at the intrusion but it would be all worth it to see his baby clearly for the first time. The couple anxiously waited for the doctor to announce good news but instead he just walked out if the room after squinting at the screen and later returned with another doctor.

The second doctor introduced himself and sat himself down looking for Alex and Jack's baby. They waited in silence longer until a long sigh was expelled. Jack squeezed Alex's hand as if preparing him for what's about to come.

As the words spilled out of his mouth the world around them shattered. Alex had been having nightmares over this moment, the moment that the doctors told them that he wasn't pregnant - The IVF didn't work.

He had been stressing, was that the problem? Is that what messed up the process? It was his fault that his baby died.

This time Alex didn't cry, he just sat there in shock and misery.

---

Jack absently led Alex out of the doctors and into his car. The journey to Alex's parents was miserable, both men thinking of the potential baby they could have had.

When they both arrived both Mr and Mrs Gaskarth, Peter and Isobel were at the door with big grins on their faces only to be banished when jack shook his head at Mrs Gaskarth's questioning eyes giving her the answer that she didn't want to hear.

Isobel pulled Alex off into the living room and sat them both down before she tried to soothe her hurting son. Jack was still sat in the kitchen with Peter looking at the patterns of the table that they were both sat around.

'I'm so sorry jack.' he said slowly reaching over to rub jacks shoulder.

'It's- it's' Jack breathed lowering his head into his hands. 'I just don't understand why us? What have Alex or I ever done to deserve this? And I know how much he wants to be a proper daddy but he's never gonna be now.' He choked. 'Neither of us are.'

'What do you mean? You can have another go at it.' Peter said eyebrows furrowing.

'We can't afford it. The first round was free but the second isn't.' Jack sighed.

'How much is it?'

'$9000' Jack said scoffing at the ridiculous amount of money.

Alex's dad pushed back his chair and made his way into the living room. Moments later Alex walked out, a confused look upon his face.

'Hey baby.' Jack said pulling Alex onto his lap. 'I'm so sorry y'know.' He sighed petting the older man on top if him's hair.

'I know, I-I guess it just wasn't meant to be.' Alex said leaning back into jacks embrace. The talk that Alex had with his mother had obviously affected him as he was able to speak of the baby that they lost without breaking into tears.

'When we get home I'm gonna book us a holiday and when we get back we can maybe look into adoption. Hmm?' Jack said to which Alex nodded and snuggled into Jack's chest before Mr and Mrs Gaskarth re-entered the room.

'Boys.' Isobel said gaining the attention of the two younger men in front of her. 'Peter and I would like to give you something...the money for another round of IVF. Think of it as a very late wedding present as we didn't get you much.' She smiled.

The two boys sat there in shock staring at Alex's parents. Was this really happening?

'Mum, what are you serio-' Alex gasped leaning forward in his seat.

'-Yes Alex. Of course we are serious. Your Dad and I talked it over and we decided its better than wasting it on another over expensive holiday.'

'Mr and mrs Gaskarth I-' Jack piped up only to be cut off by Alex's Mother again.

'Jack what have I told you? It's Isobel and Peter to you. I've been telling you this for the last 7 years dear.' She laughed at Jacks blush.

'Sorry Isobel. But if you are serious then I can't thank you enough. We can't thank you enough.' Jack breathed still not believing what had just happened. He stood up, hand linked with Alex's as he pulled him over into the loving hug with Alex's parents.

---

It was a seemingly short 8 months later that Jack and Alex were to be found at the Gaskarths residence again. This time the rest of Alex's family and all of Jack's family joined them in the house; it was thanksgiving after all. Alex was to be found on his parents sofa, feet up and surrounded by the entirety of his and Jack's female relations.

They were all obsessed with seeing Alex's rather large 6 month pregnancy bump.

That short 8 months ago after Peter and Isobel had given the boys the money for the second round of IVF they immediately the next morning went down to the private clinic in the centre of Baltimore and handed over the money. The process had much followed what they had done before but this time with all the free tea and biscuits they wanted - Neither of them were complaining.

When the doctor examined Alex and told him that he was in fact pregnant and carrying his husbands baby he was ecstatic. But he was no where near as ecstatic as when they went to another ultrasound appointment later on in Alex's pregnancy.

The doctor turned the screen around to face them both and asked them to describe what they could see. Jack didn't get it and sat there confused until he heard a loud gasp from Alex in front of him. Alex turned around to face Jack, who still had a confused look on his face.

'Twins Jack. We're having twins.' He squealed wrapping his arms around his husband.

The doctor had said it was common for people who had been given IVF to have twins as more than one embryo was re-implanted. His old doctor had never told him that.

But non the less, The couple were too overjoyed with the recent news to care.

---

It was a late Tuesday night when Alex shot up from his bed feeling intense pains within his abdomen. He cringed at the sharp kicks these babies were giving him before attempting to shuffle back down the bed and go to sleep. Only when Alex was lay back down and felt the sudden wetness in Pyjamas he knew those weren't baby kicks. He was in labor.

'Jaaaaaack wake up.' He groaned hitting his deep sleeping husband in the arm. 'Jack goddammit.' He wailed to which woke the sleeping man beside him with a grumpy 'What?'

'Im going into fucking labour you asshole now wake up and take me to hospital.' He shouted.

At this Jack shot up and stared wide eyes at Alex before dashing off, later to return with the Pre-packed bag for when this moment arose. He slowly helped Alex into the passenger seat of the Car and they set of to have their baby.

---

'C'mon Alex. Just a few more pushes and the first baby will be out.' The doctor told the hysterical man lying on the bed in front of him.

'I can't do it jack. it hurts so much' Alex cried to his husband who was also nearly in tears from the death grip that he had on his hand.

'Okay Alex, on the next contraction I want you to push really hard. We can get the first baby out on this one.'

When Alex started to scream again jack quickly let go again before he ended up leaving the hospital with two newborns and a newly broken hand. He moved away from Alex and went to go have a look at what was going y'know- down there.

'Oh my god Lex. I can see the head.' He gushed.

'Really?' Alex groaned, another contraction hitting him hard.

Jack looked back at his husband and decided that he was glad Alex had decided to be the one having children in their family. This looked too painful to comprehend. He was only pulled out if his own thoughts when a small cry erupted in the room, and it wasn't Alex's.

The nurse called jack over and handed him some surgical scissors. At first Jack was wondering if the woman had got him mixed up with another nurse but when she told him to go ahead and cut his babies umbilical cord he figured he was meant to be doing all of this.

The first baby was rushed off and Alex started screaming again.

'Jack, I fucking hate you. ' Alex screamed in his husbands face to which Jack just laughed and pressed a kiss to his sweaty head.

Soon enough the second baby was born and Jack cut the umbilical cord for that one too. Alex was shattered. He never expected it to be that painful or tiring. When people said that childbirth was the most painful thing ever he just used to scoff at them, but now he understood and sided with the other parents.

'Congratulations Daddies. You have a little girl and a little boy.' The doctor smiled walking over with two little bundles in her arms, one wrapped in a pink blanket and the other wrapped in a blue blanket.

The doctor placed them both onto Alex's chest, his arms protectively curling around them.

'They are so beautiful jack.' Alex said looking both of his children. The little girl had wisps of Alex's honey brown hair and the little boy had longer dark brown hair like Jacks. When they both stared up at Alex from his chest he noticed the chocolate brown eyes they both had. Those were defiantly Jacks chocolatey eyes. The eyes that Alex had fallen in love with.

'Have you guys got names for the two yet or not.' The nurse asked pen and two baby sized ankle tags at the ready.

'Yeah' Jack breathed crouching down next to the three people that mean more than the world to him.

' Oscar William Barakat and Elena Grace Barakat' Jack said leaning over to place a kiss to both of their foreheads then finally placing a tender kiss on Alex's lips. 'I love you.' He whispered.

'I love you too, and our little munchkins.' Alex replied looking down at the two sleeping children in his arms.

Both the men knew from then on that bringing up these two little babies wouldn't be easy especially with all the sleepless nights but they both knew it would be worth it.

Alex and Jacks babies, their children were worth it any day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm not sure what you all thought of this but oh well.
I originally wasn't going to but the birth scene but I thought fuck it- it's gonna come out of his arse anyway. And I've read loads of other MPreg's where they give birth.
I would like to say a huge thank you to the reader of my other Jalex Mpreg that assured me to post this. Thank you guys! <3
I might write more one shots. I enjoyed this.
Xx