Status: Discontinued.

Collide With the Sky

Self Medicate

Oli's P.O.V'

My mom and dad had been arguing all day. It was now 8:45 pm and I could still hear them screaming at each other. I didn't know what to do anymore. Not even my loud music could block out their voices.

So I quickly, and quietly, snuck into the bathroom that I shared with my parents. We lived in a small two bedroom, one bathroom apartment in San Diego. It sucked, but at least I could always self medicate.

I grabbed my dad's prescription antidepressants that he doesn't take anymore. I placed three into my hand and swallowed them dry. I waited a few minutes for the medication to kick in before putting the bottle of pills back.

I slipped on my jacket and Vans before leaving the house. I didn't care if my parents knew I left, not like they'd care anyways. That'd just be another thing for them to argue about.

I sighed as I stumbled around, happy that the night chases evil things away. I always snuck out at night. It was the only time I'd ever be able to leave unnoticed.

I miss how my family used to be. My dad used to take me to concerts all the time. Concerts are where I belong though. They're filled with people who know what you're going through and who support and love the same bands you do.

I'm still homesick from the shows. So many amazing bands, so much happiness and good energy. I hope I can do that one day. Make music for people who love me and my band.

Maybe it seems strange though, how I feel more at home with complete strangers than with my own family. But I don't even stress at all. Home is where the heart is, and my heart's at my local venue.

I finally made my way to the neighborhood abandoned park. I sat on the old swings and stared up at the sky. I took in a deep breath before screaming in the dark. I took out my switchblade and pulled up my sleeve.

"I'm gonna die in beautiful stars tonight," I whispered.

I pressed the blade to my wrist, but it was slapped out of my hand before I could apply pressure. My head snapped up and I stared into the dark brown eyes of Vic Fuentes.

Why's he here, trying to stop me? We're not friends. We're not even in the same social circle. Him and his friends have perfect lives with perfect parents. Why would he care about me?

I mean, he's not a dick or anything, but he shouldn't care. His friends would probably disown him if they knew he was hanging around with me. But I must admit, I was just a little glad that he was here.

"Woah, dude. I know things are bad, but it's not worth it," he whispered, locking eyes with me.

"You don't know shit," I spat, my words slightly slurred from the pills.

"Are you on drugs?" He asked, shocked.

"Does it even make a difference?" I asked. "When I'm sober, I feel pain."

He stared at me for a while before grabbing my hand. He yanked me off of the swings and we took off running. I knew where he as taking me. The local cemetery.

I'm with Vic Fuentes. Running under the stars through cemetery backyards. Since when did I become so fortunate? Just two days ago, he didn't even glance in my direction.

"You know," he panted as we came to a stop. "You make think I have a perfect life, but I don't."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, the drugs wearing off.

"I come out late to celebrate the way the night hides scars," he whispered before pulling me to a street lamp and yanking up his sleeve.

Dozens and dozens of scars littered his wrist and forearm, just like mine. I didn't know if he had them on his other arm but it shocked me.

"Oh my God," I whispered.

"No one's perfect Oli," he said, pulling his sleeve back down. "Not even me."

I looked up, staring into his eyes. He stared right back, a small smile forming on his face. Standing this close to Vic, I realized how beautiful he is.

But I could also see the pain and heartache lurking in his eyes. He looked so sad and broken, and I just wanted to hold him and make everything better.

"What happened?" I whispered, running my fingers softly over his clothed wrist.

"I used to get bullied. Before I got here," he muttered, looking down.

"Oh, Vic," I whispered, pulling him into a hug.

He wrapped his arms around my neck, burying his face into the crook as he sobbed softly. I never knew he was bullied. He always came across as so flawless that I just expected his life to be perfect.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked, pulling away to look up at me.

"Doing what?" I questioned, tracing his spine.

He shivered. "Standing here with me. Holding me. I don't understand."

"You need a friend," I said simply.

He gave me a weak smile and nodded before placing his face back into the crook of my neck again. I smiled and held him tighter, enjoying this moment.

"Vic," I whispered. "There's something I need to tell you."

"Hmm?" He hummed, not moving away.

"I've had a crush on you since you first moved here," I admitted.

He tensed up and I immediately regretted saying anything. Fuck, I didn't even know if Vic was gay. I probably just fucked everything up.

"I like you too," he muttered after a long silence.

I gasped lightly in surprise before smiling like an idiot. He likes me too. Finally, something's going right in my life. Finally.

"Oli," Vic whispered.

I tilted my head down just as he lifted his up, causing our lips to brush lightly. I pressed my lips firmly against his as my hands slipped to his waist.

Vic is my only light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, I honestly forgot about this story .-.
But yeah, hope you guys enjoy

Chapter Title Credit: Props and Mayhem by Pierce the Veil

Stay Sedated
-MadameRadke