As If

Part IV

They arrive at Bobby’s just on time, at half past nine, like Dean had planned all along.
Bobby walks outside to greet them, standing on the porch as they get off the car and walk towards the house.
“Hey Bobby, happy holidays,” Sam says, pulling Bobby into a brief hug. Bobby pats his back and then pulls back, looking at Dean, who is currently walking besides Castiel.
“Bobby, this is Cas,” Dean says, smiling at Cas fondly. Bobby shakes the hand Cas is extending towards him, nodding.
“Hello, Bobby. It’s great to meet you,” Cas says, and he sounds nervous.
“Ditto, boy. Now let’s all get inside before we freeze our noses off,” Bobby grunts, leading them all inside and closing the door.

Cas stays by Dean’s side the whole time – it’s the first time Dean sees him act so shy, he’s usually very eager to socialize.
They decide to settle in their rooms before they start lazing around.
“Dean and Cas get one of the guest rooms, Sam gets the other one,” Bobby announces. Dean turns to look at Sam.
“You said Bobby has enough guest rooms for all of us,” he says, eyebrows shooting upwards.
“I did, but I didn’t say how he’d accommodate us!” Sam grins victoriously.
“You are evil,” he says, but his heart jumps at the fact that he and Cas will share the room for the night.
“Thanks, I know”.

They take over Bobby’s living room afterwards, who doesn’t really seem to mind having them over – he’s always been more of a father to Sam and Dean than their actual father ever was.
Cas is nearly snuggling Dean, sitting next to him on the couch, his legs folder under him. Neither Sam nor Bobby comments on that and Dean is grateful – he’s had enough teasing the last week.
They all have dinner in front of Bobby’s old TV, enjoying pie and a cup of hot chocolate after that as well. They watch chat shows that go on about how the past year was great and all the highlights, commenting on how cheesy all the hosts are – but all of them secretly enjoying the family atmosphere more than anything.

At a quarter to midnight, Sam comes back in the living room, having done the dishes – Dean sends him a smug smile, proud for winning at rock-paper-scissors over who’ll do them – and turns off the TV. Everyone in the room groans in unison but Sam rolls his eyes. “I thought it’d be nice if we hit midnight outside with the fireworks.”
“Oh! That sounds nice!” Cas says, sitting up and smiling excitedly. He gets up and follows Sam outside, Dean close behind him. Bobby gets up, not really keen on staying by himself.

They all stand on the porch, looking at the town in the distance and shivering lightly. Cas is standing a few steps ahead of Dean, both of them a few feet away from Sam and Bobby, hands crossed over his chest and head tilted up, towards the sky. Dean looks at him for a few moments, thinking about he had first seen him just a week ago – wow, has it only been a week? – and how much of a blur things had been ever since.
Cas turns and sees him staring at him. He smiles and turns away again. “What?”
Dean shakes his head, clearing his mind. “Nothing,” he replies and walks up behind Cas, hugging his waist and resting his head on the man’s shoulder.
“Are you sure?” he asks, leaning his head against Dean’s. Dean nods lightly.
Soon after, the countdown ends and fireworks go off – it truly looks amazing.

As soon as the sky is lit up with sparks, Dean turns Cas’ around and brings their lips together, kissing him right at the start of the new year.
Cas presses himself closer to Dean, his hand resting on the back of Dean’s neck. One of Dean’s hands leaves Cas’ waist to move higher, cupping his cheek, and Cas melts in Dean’s arms, kissing him slowly and tenderly.
Dean continues kissing Cas for almost a whole minute, brief pauses here and there. He finally pulls away, looking at Cas’ puffy lips and gleaming eyes.
“Happy New Year, Cas,” he says quietly, his eyes never leaving Cas’ face.
“Happy New Year, Dean,” Cas whispers in return, both his hands resting idly on the back of Dean’s neck.

There’s a small cough. “I hate to interrupt you two lovebirds, but here’s to the new year”. Sam hands them a glass of champagne each – Bobby had specially bought it for tonight – and raises his glass, the rest raising theirs in unison.
“To a great new year!”, Sam grins before drinking a bit. Bobby nods, his smile warm and welcoming, joining in the drinking.
“And a great year it shall be,” Cas says, quiet enough for just Dean to hear, who turns his head and finds himself mirroring Cas’ small smile before downing his drink.

“And Dean, you owe me big time,” Sam says, smiling like an idiot at the two of them. Dean turns to look at his little brother, raising an eyebrow questioningly.
“What? You do. Dude, I’m responsible for the best Christmas gift ever!” he says, gesturing at Cas.
Cas laughs. “I think he’s got a point, Dean. Didn’t you tell me you only agreed to volunteer on Christmas Eve because your brother made you do it?”
Dean stares back and forth between his boyfriend and baby brother, before groaning loudly. “I can’t believe it, you’re backing him up!”
Cas leans closer to Dean, bringing his lips next to his ear. “What if am? What are you going to do about it?” he whispers, voice deep and low. He pulls away, winking suggestively at Dean.

As if his tone wasn’t enough to get the message through to Dean.

* * *
Later that night, both of them a little tipsy after a few glasses of champagne, Dean and Cas are sprawled all over the bed in one of the guest rooms and Cas’ mouth is working lazily on a small bruise forming just below Dean’s collarbone.
Dean’s head is laying on a pillow, eyes close and lips parted, his shallow breaths the only sound in the room other than Cas’ kisses. He feels increasingly warm in the small room, which is dimly lit only by a small lamp on the far corner of the room, his temperature rising at the touch of Cas’ bare skin against his.
Cas licks over the bruise once again, this time keeping his tongue hot against Dean’s skin as he slips lower, leaving a scorching trail on Dean’s chest, and moves past his stomach, pausing to scrape his teeth over the man’s hipbones. Dean inhales sharply, body tensing up with anticipation, as Cas kisses up the inside of his thighs.
“Cas,” he mumbles quietly, the sound loud after the silence that had been lingering in the air for the past half hour. Cas takes him in his mouth just then, as if that is his reply to Dean calling out his name.
“Cas,” Dean repeats louder this time, his left hand running through Cas’ dark hair.
He moans silently, mouth gaping and eyes shut tight, as he feels Cas’ tongue around him, hot and wet. Cas settles at a lazy pace, fingers scraping down Dean’s sides, coming to rest over his hipbones. Dean comes after a while, back arching towards Cas’ touch, his mouth mouthing Cas’ name but no sound coming out. He gasps sharply over and over, struggling to keep quiet – this is not the place to go loud and vocal, his mind keeps reminding him.
He shudders when Cas’ mouth disappears, pouting lightly at the lack of contact, before his eyes snap open at the feeling of slick fingertips pushing up against his ass. He doesn’t even think to ask Cas about having lube with him.
“Dean?” Cas says quietly, questioningly. Dean nods in reply to nothing specific, hoping that Cas will get what he’s trying to tell him. And he does, pushing more until he’s inside Dean.
Dean lets out a moan upon feeling Cas’ fingers inside him, hotness spreading all over his body. Once he feels like he’s had enough, Dean groans, his hips bucking up and his legs spreading wider. Cas bites hard into his shoulder and Dean moans, his breath hitching when he feels Cas’ fingers being replaced by his cock. Cas pushes in, fingers tightening their grip on Dean’s hips.
Moaning at the feeling of Cas pushing deeper inside him, Dean wraps his legs around the man’s waist, pulling him closer. Cas bottoms inside him, staying still for a moment, kissing Dean and worrying his bottom lip between his teeth.
“Move, Cas, please…move,” Dean whispers into Cas’ ear, dragging his nails down his back.
Cas does as asked, moving his hips, hands slipping over Dean’s skin.
“Fuck, Cas…” Dean groans, biting Cas’ shoulder to muffle his moans. Cas moves inside him, lifting Dean’s waist and going faster. Dean’s body shakes with pleasure when Cas hits his prostate, sending waves of electricity in his blood.
Cas feels Dean shaking hard under him, and bottoms inside him, hitting his prostate again and again.
Dean presses an open-mouthed kiss on Cas’ lips, coaxing them open and slipping his tongue inside, moaning into the kiss, wet and slippery. Cas swallows his moans eagerly, deepening the kiss even more before wrapping his fingers around Dean’s cock, squeezing lightly and starting to fist him steadily, in time with his thrusts.
His hand touching him sends Dean further over the edge. He pushes hard down against the mattress, spilling all over Cas’ hands and himself. Cas comes a few moments later, burying his face into Dean’s shoulder and whispering his name over and over.
They stay like that for a while, a tangled mess of limbs, before Cas pulls out from Dean and lies next to him. Dean turns to look at him, his hand stroking Cas’ face.
“I think this year will truly be a great one,” Cas says and Dean laughs quietly, kissing Cas’ lips once before nodding.
“You and me both, man.”

They fall asleep like that, tangled together, with Cas’ face buried in the crook of Dean’s neck, sighing as Dean runs his hand up and down his back over and over, and with Dean’s lips against Cas’ moist hair, listening to distant sounds in the night. And, realizing how everything has changed tonight, on the very dawn of the year – he smiles to himself.

As if things hadn’t changed from the very moment his eyes met Cas’ – glimmering blue and simply breathtaking.