Status: Will try and update as soon as possible. More comments, more updates :)

Best of Both Worlds

Chapter 1

Jada P.O.V
I wish I had a different life, staring at my ceiling. I think of what life would have been if I had been born somewhere else. "Jada!" I hear my mother’s demanding voice, sighing I roll out of my bed.

"Yeah mom?" I yell while walking down the hallway, of my normal house. My family wasn't rich but, we weren't poor either.

"I need you to take, Mrs. Blake her groceries." My mother is standing by our fridge, rummaging through the contents. "Your father will be home tonight and I have the night shift tonight." She doesn't even turn around to look at me. She always works the night shift at a local diner and my father is only home on weekends, that's the only reason we're not poor is because they work as hard as possible. I'm saving up for my own place; I turned 18 a few months ago and still haven't moved out.

"Alright" I say grabbing the bag of groceries on the counter, Mrs. Blake paid us to get her groceries and my mother is one of those really do gooders.

"See you later sweetie!" My mother yells as I open the front door. Without responding I close the door and get in my rusty pick-up truck, it was a stick shift and a piece of garbage. The blue paint was faded and chipped and I was pretty sure the tires were getting too thin.

Driving the seven blocks I have to stop multiple times for children running in the streets, I lived in a poor neighborhood, but the people were all friendly except maybe Old Man Jack. Ever heard of Scrooge? Well, Old Man Jack doesn't hate Christmas just people in general.

Grabbing the bags, I walk up to the old woman's door. Knocking I can hear faint shuffling and finally the door opens with a petite white haired, blue eye'd woman. "Evening Mrs. Blake" I nod my head at the small woman.

"Oh Jada you brought my groceries!" her face lights up, she was probably the sweetest women I've ever met.

"Of course" I smile brightly, walking in when she stands to the side. We happily chatter about the weather and me hoping to get my own place, while we talk I help her put away everything. Mrs. Black has a severe OCD, so everything has a certain place and you can't do it wrong at all. Over the years I've learned how her house is and it's a breeze helping now.

"Thank-you Jada for the help" We say our goodbyes and I start to head home but, instead of going home I turn and just start cruising, I was in no rush to get back to my normal life.

Pulling into Jimmie's cafe, it was a small coffee shop. My best friend Jake worked here, I could easily get a free drink. "Jake!" I call out as I open the door, ignoring the stares from my outburst i walk up to the counter where a brown headed, brown eye'd stood. Jake wasn't muscular but, he wasn't lanky he also stood a good 5 inches over me he was 6'0.

"Must you always make a scene" I could see the mischief in his eyes, looking back at the customer, some ignored us while, others pretended to do something but, sneaked peaks over at us.

Leaning on the counter "Me? Make a scene? All I wanted was a coffee." I playfully pout.
Rolling his eyes he goes to the back to make my favorite drink Black coffee that's how I've always loved my coffee, plain.

"Here you go." He hands me a Styrofoam cup, filled with steaming hot coffee.

"Thank you" I smile before taking a sip, it singes my tongue at the first sip. "Had to make it extra hot?" I ask sarcastically while trying to look down at my tongue.

"Don't be a baby, now go before Jimmie get's here." About Jimmie, I'm kind of not allowed here too much because, I am outspoken and tend to make people uncomfortable. Getting back in my truck, I start the engine and happy it doesn't stall.

Where to next? I wasn't ready to go home just yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short I promise to make longer ones on my characters!Hope you like it:)