Status: Please comment and subscribe! Thanks for reading

Beauty and a Beast

Nazgul

Arryn and Strider lead the hobbits to their room, for it was too risky for the four of them to stay in their hobbit-sized room. They had also learned the names of the four hobbits; the smart looking one was Merry, the one with almost golden hair, and the one with all the bags was Sam, they had already heard Frodo’s name. As they arrived at the small room, with a large bed, Arryn turned to the four hobbits

"The four of you should rest, regain your strength, for we have a long journey ahead of us. I do hope that none of you mind sharing a bed?”

Before they could say anything to her, she left. Arryn went to the original room of the hobbits, and she began to fill pillows with spare sheets, straw, shredded paper, anything to fill up the pillows to trick the Nine Riders. She knew as well as Strider that if the Nine Riders came to the room, to find empty beds, they would search the other rooms. But if they came here, they would think that the hobbits had already left, and they wanted to win some time by tricking them. After when she was done, Arryn enchanted the beds, so that if anyone else besides the Riders came in, it would look as if the hobbits were in their beds. She walked back up to the room, and found Pippin, Merry, and Sam sound asleep. Only Strider and Frodo were awake. She sat down on the windowsill, and she looked out the window, and she stared into the hobbit room, which was across from theirs.

"You should be resting Frodo…” She said.

“There is no way I can sleep with those things after me. I can’t sleep until I know that they are gone…” Arryn turned to face him, he had worry clouding his eyes.

She smiled. “I understand…”

“If I may ask but, who are you?”

“Barliman already told you my name, Arryn, well…that is what people call me, but everything else is for a later time. But, for now all you to know is that Strider and I are friends with Gandalf, and we both promised that we would bring you all to a safe place…”

As soon as she finished, there was a loud shrill cry from the Riders, which awoke the sleeping hobbits. The cry made Arryn jump, besides Sauron himself, the only other thing that she feared were the Nazgûl.

“What are they?” Frodo asked.

“They were once Men. Great kings of Men. The Sauron the Deceiver gave to then Nine Rings of power. Blinded by their greed, they took them without question. One by one, falling into darkness. Now they are slaves to his will. They are the Nazgûl, Ringwraithes. Neither living nor dead. At all times, they feel the presence of the Ring. Drawn to the power of the One. They will never stop hunting you…” Arryn had seen her brother serious before, but she has to admit, this is the most serious she has ever seen him. She looked over to the hobbit’s faces, and they were filled with worry. She could feel the worry vibrating off them, but she could feel the most worry coming from Sam.

‘He must really care about Frodo, or Gandalf must’ve greatly threatened him.’

She stood up, and she walked over to her bag which was laying on the floor. Beside it, she picked up her sword. It was ebony black. It curved near the end, and along the blade, there were small, yet detailed silver swirls. There was no distinct handle, but if someone were to pick it up, it could be easily recognized. It was very light, and she had enchanted it, so that it would only respond to her. She slipped her arm straps on, and she slipped the knives into the slots, three for each arm. She leaned her sword against the wall. She walked back over to Aragorn, and she sat down beside him, he looked at her for a quick moment, before he turned his gaze back out the window. She knew that he was worried, she could feel it.

“Aragorn, I know you do wonder about Gandalf, but you need to rest…” She said to him, seriously. He said nothing, but he did continue to look out the window. She sat down on the window sill, and she leaned her head against the cold window pane.

“Good night, Alya…” She heard Aragorn say. She smiled.

“Good night Aragorn, please do get some rest…” She said, before she slipped into sleep