Silk

Prologue

For the United States, the wonderful idea of democracy that was so loved by its people didn't last more than 2000 years. Presidents became corrupt, taking all the power for themselves. Slowly, it became more of a dictatorship than anything. The nation fell into chaos, all of their hard work, companies, and businesses disappearing until they resorted back to medieval ways.

Frustrated with the lack of progression in the country, the people rebelled against the president in the bloodiest war America had ever fought. One rebel, Roman, rose above the rest, leading an invasion into the White House and capturing the president himself and publicly executing the president himself. Roman destroyed the existing government that day, putting the once strong nation in a state of confusion.

The nineteen year old war hero gained the trust of the people, and within a year there wasn't a single person who didn't know his name. He was young, handsome, and his public speeches captivated his audience. He became the country's new leader, setting up a new system of government where a council of five members, chosen by himself, to rule the country.

The first ten years were prosperous, but as Roman grew older, he became power hungry and suspicious. He killed off members of his own council that he feared were plotting against him, replacing them with trusted friends. As he grew, he began killing off his own people, making the deaths of his threats look like accidents. He gave more power to those he trusted, and less and less to those he didn't. The middle class all but disappeared, leaving only the filthy rich and the dirt poor. He shielded the country from the rest of the outside world, and refused to let anyone in or out for any reason.

At 102 years old, he was the strongest, most terrible leader anyone had ever encountered. His terrifying council had destroyed the dream a teenage Roman had once believed in, making America worse than it had ever been in its past.