Silk

Chapter Six

Natasha watched as a lovestruck Louis followed Anna Maria around like a puppy dog. Anna Maria was the youngest member of the council, and the face that went with it. She was the closest thing to a celebrity, with her face plastered on everything related to the council. Though many viewed her as beauty personified, all Natasha could see was a girl with little education who had only gotten so far in life through sex appeal. She knew that Anna Maria wasn't even a real blonde, despite how much Louis argued that her platinum colored hair was natural. Why did Louis care, anyway? It was only because he was like every other unmarried young man; He had high hopes.

She looked at her reflection in the window, touching up her makeup quickly. If she didn't attract more attention than Anna Maria, she would never hear the end of it. She nearly smudged her lipstick across her face when she felt a tap on the shoulder, but saved her makeup just in time. She spun around to yell at the one who had touched her, but the angry look fell off her face when she saw who it was.

She hadn't seen him in three years. His sandy colored hair had gotten longer, and he was better dressed, but it was the same man she remembered. Three years ago, he had told Natasha that she was far too young for him. It had crushed her sixteen-year-old heart at the time, but she had quickly forgotten about it after he had disappeared with his family for a while. And now, he was back.

"Nathan, you scared me," Natasha said softly, flipping her hair over her shoulder. She could feel herself blush as he smiled down at her, but cursed herself for doing so. She had promised herself never to even thing of Nathan after he left.

"Sorry," he shrugged. "I saw you across the room. I'd recognize that pretty face of yours anywhere."

"So now I'm pretty?" Natasha frowned.

"You always were," Nathan awkwardly scratched the back of his head, looking for the right words to say. "It's just--"

"You didn't care," Natasha finished, pursing her lips.

"Don't be like that," Nathan sighed. "What happened before is over, I'm saying hello to you as a changed... pig?"

"A changed pig?" Natasha wrinkled her nose. "So you admit that you're a pig?"

"No," Nathan shook his head, pointing over Natasha's shoulder. "It's a pig!"

Natasha turned just in time to notice the pig in the doorway of the kitchen. It was watching the crowd for a moment, but squealed and ran into the crowd as soon as a chef yelled at it in the kitchen. Guests screamed and ran out of it's way as it went on a rampage, followed by a trail of angry kitchen workers trying to catch it. Nathan grabbed Natasha's arm and yanked her out of the pig's way just as she was about to get run over, and they both fell over in surprise. The pig continued running until it finally hit someone. A shriek rang out above the rest, and Natasha was delighted to see that it was Anna Maria who was the victim. She was on the ground with her skirt hiked up and her hair falling out of the perfect updo she was wearing, and the pig was on top of her squirming and squealing.

When the kitchen workers all tackled the pig, they also fell on top of Anna Maria, making Natasha laugh out loud in pure joy. They led the pig back into the kitchen, and one of them stayed behind to help Anna Maria up. She shoved him away with a scowl, and the kitchen boy slowly stepped away before she insulted him anymore. Natasha watched as he made his way back to the kitchen, stopping to say something to Sonja, who was waiting by the door with a small smile on her face. She said something to him and patted his shoulder, and the boy blushed and smiled, pushing open the door and going back inside. Had this been Sonja's doing?

Natasha fixed her own hair, then suddenly realized she was still in Nathan's lap from after they had fallen over. She quickly got up, nearly tripping over her own skirt, and straightened out her dress with her head held high. Nathan slowly got up, chuckling.

"What?" Natasha glared at him.

"Nothing. You told me I was a pig," he grinned. "You're not the shy little girl I remember. It's been a while."

"I remember everything just fine," Natasha snapped. "I remember you telling me that I was too young, and then you disappeared."

Nathan opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by Louis coming over with a goofy grin on his face.

"That pig," he said, grinning, "Pulled her dress down. That. Was. Incredible."

Natasha glared at him, snatching the glass of wine out of his hands and dunking it over his head, staining the white shirt he was wearing. Nathan looked down to keep from laughing, but Louis was used to it. Sonja joined them, looking unsure of whether or not to intrude.

"Limited time offer," Louis lightly nudged her. "You can change my shirt for me if you want."

Sonja's eyes widened and she looked down at her feet.

"Get out," Natasha was seething, "Before I stop acting like a lady."

"That was a lady?" Louis muttered, turning and leaving.

Nathan looked from Natasha to Sonja, then back to Natasha. He took her hand and planted a kiss on her knuckles, before politely excusing himself. Natasha tried her best not to show any emotion when he did so, even though she felt conflicting feelings in her stomach. She suddenly remembered Sonja and the pig, and turned to her with a big smile.

"I proud of you," she said softly, linking her arm with Sonja. The girl was speechless, unaware of what she had done.

"Letting the pig loose? Genius!" Natasha gushed.

"I didn't-" Sonja stuttered.

"Oh, of course you didn't," Natasha winked. "I won't tell a soul. Ugh, you deserve raise for this. I'll make sure it happens. Go home early, tonight. You deserve it."

"Lady Natasha?" Sonja was pleasantly shocked, but a little frightened at the same time.

"You heard me," Natasha giggled, blissfully. "And go with that tall kitchen boy. He likes you, you know."

"Oh. Okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
WhuBAM!

please don't be a silent reader