Not Good Enough for Truth in Cliche

Chapter 2

My parents owned a cafe, one of the most popular ones in town. I was just five years old when they opened it. Unfortunately, ever since I was old enough, I had to help out. At least I got paid for it. It's the main reason they're so rich. The Capulet Cafe never has a slow day. Yes, that's right, they named it after our family. How original. Every weekend, and whenever else I didn't have school, from nine in the morning to two in the afternoon, I would be stuck here. Working as a waitress. Wonderful, right?

It is currently Saturday. The day of Kayla's party. It stats at six P.M. But right now, I'm stuck working. Natalie, my best friend, helps out too. I swear nobody understands me better than she does.

“So, how are we doing this again?”
“You just have to take people's orders.”

She rolled her eyes at my comment.

“I'm serious Juliana.”
“I told you, my parents work late today. It's their day to close the cafe.”
“And?”
“And, we're going back to my house after work, and beg my cousin to cover for us.”
“Your cousin?”
“Yeah, my parents are paying her to make sure I stay in tonight.”
“So, she's babysitting you.”
“Well, if you want to put it that way, then yes. She's babysitting me.”

An elderly couple called for me, trying to get my attaention.

“Excuse me Miss, but we've been waiting for over twenty minutes!”
“I'm extremely sorry mam. I'll be right with you.”

She didn't look very pleased with my response, but I didn't really care. I turned back to Natalie.

“We'll talk more about this later. I have to go take this couple's order before she complains to my parents. I definitely don't need that right now.”

She nodded, and I went off to take the miserable old woman's order.