‹ Prequel: Blind Date
Sequel: Private Beach
Status: Completed

Lovely Goodbyes

Lovely Goodbyes

Lovely Goodbyes

“Okay, thats it! Everyone up! I let you losers crash here because I wanted to hang out with my brother and my best mates but you blokes are over sleeping on the day before you losers leave for tour. And Niall your mom called along with your “Not Girlfriend”. You know the intern that your stylist has taken under her wing. I like her she sounds nice. And shes right your wardrobe really does need a makeover.” He shook his blonde locks out of his face as I hit him in the head with a pillow. Louis stuck out his hand and grabbed my ankle.

“You are annoying. Its only 9:30 in the mornin.” His voice was so groggy as he tried to get up, but failed and fell back on Harry’s Back.

“Louis!” Harry groaned out. Zayn groaned at the noise as he snuggled deeper in the couch.

“One, Two, Three, Four, Hey, we're missing a boy!”

“I’m here love.” Liam said coming up to stand next to me with a coffee cup in his hand. “Okay guys, you heard the lady, time to get up!” He said smiling down at me. “We have a fun day of packing!”

“No I thought today was supposed to be about us having fun!” I whined as Liam went and picked Louis up. Niall had disappeared and returned talking on his cell phone.

“Yes, I know I won’t mix plaid with stripes again.” He sighed into his phone. I laughed at him. Harry had rolled out of underneath Louis as he stared up at me with a cheeky grin.

“If only you were wearing a skirt.” He said having this dreamy look in his eyes.

“Harbear, that is my sister you twit.” Louis said grabbing Harry and pulling him up to a standing position.

“Step Sister.” Niall said pulling me into a hug from behind. “But shes my real sister!”

“No I’m not.” I said cocking my head to the side.

“Oh don’t be like that.” He said kissing my cheek. I pushed his head away.

“Just because we’ve known eachother since before we were even in diapers, does not mean that we are siblings.” I said pushing him full off of me.

“Well, fine.” He said acting childish. “But mom said hi.” Smiling at me as I went over and sat down on Zayn's back.

“Get off.” He said into the couch.

“Only if you get up!” I said in a sing song voice. Nialls phone began to spring to life along with Liams. Nialls face lit up as he answered it. Suddenly his face fell and walked over towards me. “She wants to talk to her new best friend.” He said looking at me rolling his eyes.

“Aw, poor baby, jealous?” I retorted back. Turning his back to me he mumbled a ‘very’ under his voice. I giggled at him as a girls voice sprang into my ears.

“Sara! Its me Sophia! You know the crazy girl who talks too much!”

“Yes! I remember we talked this morning.” I said laughing at her. Suddenly Zayn rolled over and flipped me off the couch so that I landed on my ass on the floor. I mouthed an ‘ouch’ towards him as he smirked at me. Walking over to the kitchen with the rest of the boys.

“Well, I know I shouldn’t bother you again, but Harry texted me saying that theres a small get together tonight over at his Apartment-”

“Flat.” I interjected.

“Sorry, American here. Flat. Harrys’ flat and apparently he told me not to tell Niall that I’m going, which I don’t know why.”

“Sweetie, your rambling.” I’ve only talked to her a couple of times, but this girl really loved to ramble.

“And I don’t know what to wear! Which never happens to me because I’m a stylist, it's my job to know what to wear. I mean I know what you should wear, I know the guys should wear, I know its not formal, but its not extremely casual.”

“You know, what I should wear?”

“Thats what you got from my ramble?” She sounded frantic. “Anyway what I'm trying to ask is not only can you convince Louis to make sure all the boys are matching? I mean not each other, but I mean in their own outfits. Would you also help me choose my own outfit?”

“Sure, I wouldn’t mind helping you out.”

“Oh, and I have your perfect outfit here, So don’t worry about anything.”

“Okay, thanks! Um, where exactly do you live?” I asked.

“Oh yeah sorry, when you ever you guys go over to Harry's flat, mine is on the second floor. Door has the Letter C on it.”

“Okay, then, I guess I will see you later.” She gave me a quick bye and I hung up. Walking into the kitchen coffee was everywhere and the pancakes I made were completely gone. Niall had his head on the counter, Liam was texting on his phone, Louis had his eyes closed like he was sleeping, Harry was nowhere to be found, and Zayn was almost drowning in his coffee.

“Okay, where’s Harry?” I asked. Someone mumbled about him being back in my bedroom. I rolled my eyes and placed Nialls phone on the counter. His head perked up. I’ve never seen him like this before. Usually Niall is only ever thinking about food instead of girls. Walking back into my bedroom I found Harry laying on my bed with his face in the pillow.

“Harold!” I yelled as he rolled over.

“You know, I’m not a morning person.” He sneered as he rolled over to look at me. His smirk showing through his grogginess.

“Yes, but can you be a non morning person, not in my bed?” I growled at him.

“But Sara! Your bed is so comfortable.”

“Yes, I know, thats why its my bed. Now up! You have to eat something if Niall hasn’t eaten my entire kitchen already, and go pack. I heard you're having party and I have a rambling Stylist to help out. That Niall apparently doesn’t know is going?” I asked the last question. Harry got this wide smile on his face.

“Niall has been fancing this girl for quite some time and so me and the boys decided to finally help him get the girl, sort of thing. I don’t know if he wants to start anything on tour or not, but hes definitely going to have an eye full tonight. If you know what I mean...” He raised his eyebrows.

“Eww, Harrold not all of the male population is as perverted as you.” I said grabbing a pair of shoes from my closet. Harry sat up in my bed and I realized for the first time that he was complete in his boxers and nothing else. Trying to hide the creeping blush I found the pair of converse that I loved and tied them while I tried to resist the urge to jump him.

“Okay, well most of the population my dear.” He said climbing out of my bed. I watched him walk out of the room and then proceeded to finish tying my shoes, while trying not to think of Harry and his boxer clad ass.

Arriving at Harry’s apartment complex which was only down the block, I was greet at the door by a brunette with a rather wide smile. Her brown eyes shown through the bangs that were almost hiding them. Niall was the first to greet her.

“Sophia! Just the American I wanted to see.” Niall seemed to bounce on his way up to her.

“Niall, not the irish I was expecting to see, but always a pleasure.” Her American accent shining high in color.

“I thought I was always the Irish you wanted to see?” His puppy dog eyes asked. Her smile grew as she looked at him.

“Like I said, always a pleasure.” She spoke a little softer. The eye contact was getting to me. I walked up and pushed Niall away.

“Niall, the Irish she is expecting is me.” I smirked at him. Her eyes a brown chocolate that sparkled with amazement as she bounced from one face to the other.

“You must be Sara Nicholas! Harry said you were beautiful, but I think thats one of the understatements of the year.” I looked over at Harry as his cheeks slightly became a little pink. “Women would kill to have your natural blonde highlights.” she drowned on. This made my eyebrows knit together. “Anyway, I have the perfect dress for you!” She exclaimed.

“Dress?” I stammered out. “Nobody said anything about a dress.” I turned to Louis who smirked at me. She dragged me inside and right before she shut her door Niall and Harry both stood in the doorway.

“We’ll see you in a couple of hours Sara!” Harry said trying to pull Niall away.

“So Sophia, does this mean you're coming to the party?” Hes eyes glowed a little. This boy had it bad. She gave a small smile and shook her head a little.

“I still have a lot of packing to do. But it doesn’t matter, I’m traveling with you guys on tour so, we have plenty of time to hang out there.” To me, she was the worst liar. Harry rolled his eyes. Niall seemed to have bought it though. Right when he turned his back she called out to him again. “Niall! If I hear that you wore plaid with strips again, I will hunt you down and make sure you do not a single desert for the entire tour. Understand me?” She said very frightenly. Niall just chuckled at her.

“I promise Sophia. Have fun Sara!” He called as Harry dragged a depressed looking Niall up the stairs. Turning to me her face was frantic.

“Do you think he bought it?” Nodding my head that seemed to calm her down. “Okay now time for you transformation into an even more beautiful butterfly!” My eyes widened as she took my hand and led me to the bathroom.

“Are you almost done?”

“Patience my dear, a little bit more Magic and you’ll be free to go.” She said. While she was doing my makeup and hair, she seemed to have done hers as well. That girl was seriously talented in the multi tasking department. Finally putting a black and white bow in my hair she told me go look in the mirror. Walking up to it with little hope of thinking I look even remotely beautiful I found myself staring at a complete different person. Even though I didn’t really look like I had that much makeup on, she had gone with natural tones that made my brown eyes pop. Which I could have never done on my own. The blue dress seemed to match with my accessories and through the black thin belt that she had placed upon that fit my curves just right. Even the black and white bow that didn’t seem to go at first site belonged with the outfit. Looking at her, she really wanted me to stand out, while the only thing that stood out on her was the red shoes and red jewelry.

“You like it?” she asked. Her voice for the first time that night seemed very timid. I turned to her wide eyed.

“I love it! I look so different!” I exclaimed hugging her. She grabbed my hand and we walked up to the party.

Louis was the one to answer the door. It wasn’t a big party, but it was a tad bit huge because of the fact that each boy had invited about five different people who in return apparently invited 5 other people to go with them.

“Is that my little sister?” Louis exclaimed. Eleanor Calder, Louis Girlfriend, stood there and gave me a hug.

“Don’t you look dashing. I presume that this is your handy work, Sophia.” She smiled at the young looking girl next to me.

“Yes, yes, let me gloat in my fabulous triumph, I mean, it is really hard, when some has no patience. You pick that up for Louis or Niall?” She asked turning towards me.

“Both.” I said walking through the door and into the big area in the flat. I looked over to see Harry talking to one of his guy friends, that I don’t know too well. Harry noticing that someone was looking, looked up and saw me. Ending his conversation he walked over towards me.

“Well, you looking amazing.” He said smiling down at me. Developing me into a hug.

“I know she does! Have you seen Niall?” Sophia said coming up next to me. Harry and I pulled apart as I looked around for my brother from another mother.

“I think hes out on the balc-room. The bathroom. Maybe you should go into the kitchen and get a drink real quick.” Harry said stirring her away from the window that led to the balcony. Turning I saw Niall out on the balcony standing very close with a stunning looking red head.

“I’ll go tell him that you're here.” I said trying to run/walk in the heels I was wearing. Opening the door I saw the redhead, who I recognized as the group slut Kara, stroke his arm a little. Niall looked over at me.

“Kara, could you give Niall and me a minute?” Rolling her eyes she walked out having had her fun.

“Niall, honey, what are you doing?” I said walking over to him.

“You look awesome! Sophia has outdone herself.” He said, his smile dipping a little when he mentioned Sophia.

“Yes I know, and what are you doing with Kara? What about Sophia?” I asked.

“What do you mean? Sophia’s not really interested in me, so maybe I would get a little before the tour. Besides Kara’s a nice girl.” He said looking out at the London night view.

“Yes, Kara is a nice girl. But shes also a girl that tries to get in everyone's pants. Niall The boys wanted to surprise you. I can not believe you didn’t realize that Sophia lied when she said that she wasn’t going to be here. Sophia is probably the worst liar, I’ve ever seen.” I said going to stand next to him. Niall turned his head towards me. “She likes you. A lot. The girl was frantic on trying to decide what to wear because she wanted to impress you. The way you look at her is the exact same way-”

“You look at Harry.” Niall cut off. My eyes snapped to him, mouth a gapped. “You think we don’t see it? All the guys do. Except for Harry. I guess thats the way we work. Harry can’t notice that you are madly in love with him. Than I have trouble realizing that Sophia feels the exact same way I do.”

“Niall, I don’t...” I tried to get out.

“Thats another thing that you and Sophia have in common. You’re both terrible liars.” He laughed at me. His smile wide. Wrapping me into a hug he took a deep breath. “I think the only person I’m going to miss as much as my family is you. You're my sister from another mister.” He said the last sentence in a girly voice. I laughed at him. I looked at the door that led inside. Standing there was Harry with a huge smile. Next to him was Sophia. Her eyes still looked like lost deer in headlights because she still had no idea what was going on.

“I’m going to miss you too. Brother from another mother.” I said in the deepest voice I could. He laughed at me. “But I’m not the only one that wants some of your time.” I nodded my head towards Sophia. His eyes light up when he saw her. Turning back to look at me he developed me into another hug.

“You should tell Harry how you feel.” He whispered in my ear. Giving him one last smile I turned and walked towards the door. Sophia passed me giving me that big welcoming smile. I stopped next to Harry.

“Close one.” He said smiling at me. I nodded my head pondering what Niall had said about my feelings.

“You came.” I heard Niall say behind me.

“I came.” Sophia spoke softly. That was our cue to duck out and head back into the party. I went and talked to everyone of the boys. About an hour in, I had this great wave of sadness coming on. I wouldn’t be seeing them for 8 and half months. Taking one last look I ducked out of the party headed for my flat. Once I got down to the sidewalk I felt an arm wrap around my elbow. Spinning around I came face to face with Harry.

“Harry.” I said trying to keep the tears in.

“Why are you leaving early?” He asked his eyes looked a little sad.

“I’m really tired from helping Louis pack, and cleaning my flat. Not to mention dealing with Sophia’s rambles.” I added the last one as a joke. Harry started to laugh a little.

“Yes, Sophia’s rambles can be trying.” His smile disappeared into a sad frown. “But I know you're upset. You get like this, when ever your going to cry. Leaving the room, to make sure that none of us see you break.”

“Harrold, always the observant one.” I said looking down. A tear drop fell and I tried to whip way the next one as fast as I could.

“I don’t want you to leave. I mean you're my wing man.” He said smiling at me. That one thing he always called me, made me snap.

“Harry, I don’t want to be your wingman.” Making my eyes meet him. My smile completely gone.

“What do you mean by that?” He asked confused. I would always help him try and get a girl. Not like I ever was actually trying to help him get the girl.

“What I mean Harry, is that I can’t stand it when I have to watch another women walk into your bedroom every night. When I wish it was me.” His eyes brows knitted together. “It hurts. Hurts worse than I want it to.”

“Why would it--” He started.

“Because I love you Harry Edward Styles.” I cut him off. He didn’t say anything for a minute. His face in complete shock looking right at me. I shook my head and took off for my flat. His look still burned into my mind.

Arriving at my flat I had to talk someone about everything. Picking up my cell, I dialled Louis’s number. He picked up on the third ring.

“Hello, beautiful.” He answered in a sing-song voice.

“Louis.” I said my voice wavering.

“Darling what's wrong?” He asked immediately knowing something happened. The humor from his voice all gone.

“I told Harry I loved him, and he didn’t tell me anything back. I don’t know what to do.”

“First off. Calm down.” he said slowly into the phone. I nodded my head evening though I knew he couldn’t see it. Slowly taking deep breaths in and out, I seemed to stop panicking. “Next thing you’re going to do listen to me. Everything. I know, I’m just the stupid older brother but let me give you some advice. Tomorrow I want you act like you're saying goodbye to one of your Best Friends in the whole world. Thats the best advice that I can give you.” He said. Even though I couldn’t see him. I knew he was smiling.

“Thank you Louis. You're the best big Brother ever!” I said . Louis was the only one who could ever get me to stay calm after I go into a crying fit.

“I know. See you tomorrow Morning.” He said. Hanging up the phone I fell asleep thinking about how Harrys face looked so stund in the london streets.

The bus was standing if front of us. I just said my goodbyes to Zayn, Liam, and Louis. I was hugging Niall goodbye when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. The hands That wrapped around my waist were painted red and were very dainty. Laughing a little I turned to hug Sophia.

“I know we have only been talking for a couple of days, but let me tell, I am going to miss you! I’ll be texting you on how the boys are doing and everything. I stole Nialls phone last night and got your number.” she explained as my eyebrows knitted in a blank expression.

“Yes, a new thing she just picked up. Stealing peoples phones and breaking into them.”

“Your password is Nandos.” She said in a monotone voice. Niall smiled and leaned over to his her cheek. Turning back to Niall I wrapped him in another hug.

“Don’t worry, you’ll fly out to see us on one of the tour dates.” He said giving me one last squeeze and took Sophia’s hand, waving one last time as they loaded the bus. Harry was the last one.

We didn’t say anything at first just stood there awkwardly.

“Harry, you can forget what I said last night. I just want you to know, that you’re one my best friends and I’m going to miss you dearly. Maybe when you come back we can go on like nothing ever-” I was cut off. Harry had quickly wrapped his hands around my face and stopped me flat with a kiss.

“I love you two.” He said smiling. I wrapped my arms around him and we kissed until Louis called out of the bus.

“Not that I really don’t enjoy seeing you make out with my sister, but we do have to take off at some point.” Harry and I pulled away laughing.

“So, I’ll see you in a couple of months.” He said.

“Yeah.” Harry was walking backwards towards the bus with a giant smile on his face. Waving at the bus as it pulled away Eleanor came and stood next to me.

“So that was a lovely goodbye.” She said wrapping her arm around my shoulders.

“Yes. Yes it was.”