Status: I'm just seeing where this goes

I Am Sin and I Am Temptation.

Prologue.

Thursday. Yeah, it was definitely a Thursday when I first saw him. The sun had just began to go down and the California breeze had began to set in. September. It definitely felt like September when I first met him.

"Nicholas, I've about had it with you. When will you ever learn to respect your mother and me? I truthfully don't believe I know who you are anymore because I know for damn sure you can't be my son. As far as I can see you're just a little stuck up bastard." I could hear his father yelling at him. This had been the third time since I had moved in.

"How can you take this out on me when it's her that being a total bitch? She's the one that is over reacting." His bold voice shook the walls of my room.

"Don't you dare call your mother that! This foul language, attitude, and complete disresept will not be tolerated under this roof." His father's voice only grew louder and louder, speaking about how terrible of a son his was. His father began to compare the boy to his other sons, saying how much of a disappointment the boy was.

"Honey, just take it easy on him. He's a teenager, and boys will be boys. Please just leave him be." His mother soon began to plea, but her requests and soft sobs had gotten lost in the argument. The two men's voices just grew stronger and held more anger.

"Just get out," his father fianlly said. "Get the hell out of my house. You can come back when you learn some respect."

"Gladly." The boy spoke calmly and without a doubt, I heard his back door open and quickly slam closed. I quickly moved from the window and farther back into my room so he wouldn't see me.

I began to look at him. This had been the first time I had actually seen him. The rebellious teenager finally had a face.

He stood around in his backyard, kicking a few beer cans he had emptied. A hand ran through his hair as he continued to smoke the his cigarette.

I admired his unique stature from the distance. He wasn't tall, but he wasn't quite short either. He had a nice build, but you could tell it didn't exactly come easy to him. His brown hair was tucked neatly under a beanie, and his outfit screamed "I'm trying, but I don't want anyone to know." I didn't notice I had been staring until I noticed he was staring back. He smeed to smile in my direction after every few hits off his fag. It was strange the way I would look away, but he would still manage to catch my eye.

His chocolate eyes weren't cold, but they weren't warm either. They held a neutral tone that was all too inviting and mysterious at the same time. This boy, he was interesting.

"Didn't your mama ever teach you that it's impolite to stare?" His voice sounded like gravel and a little stained from his smoke. He laughed to himself. "So new girl, are you going to come out of hiding or are you going to keep pretending I can't see you?" He was facing away from me now, but still managed to keep contact from the corner of his eye.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to stare," I said timidly. I stood from my bed and came into plane site. I leaned against the windowsill.

"Nah, it's alright. It actually happens a lot more than you think," he said calmly. He had taken a seat on one of the outdoor chairs. This time he made eye contact and gave me a little smile. "So where are you from new girl? Your accent is pretty cool."

"Uh, Australia. We moved here from Sydney for my parents' business." He nodded and smiled up at me once again. He pulled a knee to his chest before he began to speak.

"Cool, Australia is very cool." He leaned his back as he pondered and ran through his own personal thoughts. It soon grew quiet between the two of us, but the silence never seemed to turn awkward.

"So, are you alright," I asked, breaking the short lived silence.

"You heard the fight didn't you," he asked. He contiued to look up at the darkening sky instead of me. He shook his head with a slight smirk. He took one last long inhale of his cigarette before putting it out on the chair. "Sorry, about that. It happenes quite a bit around here, but yeah I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I know it's none of my business, but it sounded pretty bad. Was your dad serious about kicking you out? Because if you need a place to stay, I could always ask my brother."

"Nah, he's never serious. He threatens to kick me out at least twice a week. He just says all of that shit to scare me, but my mom wouldn't actually let him do anything. I just had to do some ass kissing, and they'll let me in eventually." He spoke so nonchalantly about the subject. It was a strange thing for me. He seemed like such a nice kid, but the way his father yelled at him made me think otherwise. "But thank you though."

"Well the offer is open-ended, so if you ever need it." I gave him a warm smile and shrugged my shoulders, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind, new girl. Listen, do you want to get out here? A couple of my friends are having a kickback. I could introduce you to some people."

"Thank you, but no. I really shouldn't. My brother isn't home, and I don't have permission to go out."

"Are you sure? It's a lot better than sticking around at home on a Saturday night."

"I'm pretty positive actually, but thank you really. I'm just not one for trouble, I guess you could say. Shouldn't you be steering clear of trouble yourself? It would be pretty hard to convince your parents to let you back in the house if you show up wasted."

"Not much of rebel I see. That's alight, and yeah I guess you are right. Thanks for the new perspective, new girl." He stood from his seat and started to head towards his back door. "So I'll see you around?"

"Sure," I said, allowing my lips to curl into a smile. "And by the way," I called after him. "My name's Penelope."

"Well, it was nice to meet you Penelope. Wish me luck, or might just have to take you up on that offer." I laughed at his light humor.

"Good luck," I said before I gave him one last smile. I closed my window and thought about the troubled boy I had just met. It was weird to finally put his angered voice with a face. Funny thing is, he didn't strike me as a kid that would yell at his parents or get into a worlds of trouble. He seemed too sweet for that, but somehow I knew my instincts were all wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story guys! I've missed writing Jonas stories to be quite honest. Who's excited for Married to Jonas? Are any of you going to the live tour? I am so excited! I bought my tickets and everything. I have a feeling it's going to be amazing. I've really missed my boys. Anyways, thank you for reading that means a lot. Please tell people about my story, comment, subscribed, and recommend. Thank you!

~Dani