You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

Don't Encourage Her

I groaned as I leaned my head against the wall, “Do you think Mike’s gone now?”

Kylee shrugged, “Do you want me to check?”

“I-I don’t know. I’m hoping Ty made him go away so you won’t go out there swinging like I know you will.”

Kylee just smirked at me, “What I would give to deck him in the face just once.”

I rolled my eyes, “Mike’s a nice guy. It’s just as a boyfriend he really sucks.”

“I saw how upset he made you so it doesn’t matter what you say, it won’t change my opinion on him.”

I was silent for a few moments, “I just want to get drunk and forget this day ever happened.”

“Do you want to go out?”

I shook my head, “No, I don’t want to be with a ton of randoms. Plus a certain best friend of mine probably shouldn’t be on her ankle for too long.”

“You are absolutely correct. So here’s the plan: after you finish up here, we’ll swing by your place and pack some of your stuff and grab all the liquor you have stashed away, and then we go to my house and drink until we forget about how awful our love lives are.”

I thought about it for a second, “Are you sure that’s a good idea? I mean look at what happened the last time you got really drunk.”

“Shut up. That’s not going to happen. I am going to stay far away from Jake.”

“Alright whatever you say but I guess I’m good with that plan.”

“Awesome now let’s go check to see if Mike left,” Kylee began to limp her way out of the door.

I was more than thankful to see that my brother was able to get rid of Mike, “Did he say anything to you?”

“Not really. He said he wanted to talk to you but I told him to stay the hell away from you. Not sure if he is going to listen to me.”

“I’m planning on staying with Kylee tonight so I won’t be home incase he decides to show up there.”

He nodded, “Call me if something happens tonight.”

“Thank you for dealing with him.”

“Anytime,” He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and pressed a kiss to my head, “I’ll deal with the rest of your customers today. Why don’t you go home and forget about today?”

I nodded, “Alright but tomorrow I am tattooing somebody, I need to do some art.”

The rest of the conversation was halted when Kylee let out a whine and fell onto the couch, “Ow.”

I raised my eyebrow at her, “How did you even drive here with that ankle?”

“Very carefully.”

“You aren’t driving back, we’ll find someone else to drive your truck home.”

Kylee groaned, “You know I hate whenever someone else drives my truck.”

“I know but I am not having you get into an accident because you can’t break properly,” I pulled out my cellphone from my backpocket.

Kylee groaned again, “You’re calling Jake aren’t you?”

“Yup!” I said as I pressed the phone to my ear, “Hey Jake! So incase you didn’t know Kylee decided that it would be a good idea to drive herself down to my shop.... Yeah that’s pretty much what I said. So I was thinking that you and Wil could swing by and pick up her truck.... How’d I know Wil was there?” I gave Kylee a smirk, “Because I’m psychic.... It doesn’t matter how I know.... Jake... Jake... Jaaaaaaaaake.... JAKE! Will you come pick up the truck or not?.... Okay good, see you in a few.”

“What did he say?”

“Well for one he thinks you are an idiot for driving here.”

She glared at me, “It’s not like I was about to ask him to drive me.”

“He is on his way over here so you better prepare for some awkwardness.”

“I don’t want to,” She whined.

“Too bad,” I said tossing her the bottle of aspirin.

She pouted after taking a few pills, “I am so not drunk enough for this.”

“I think I have some vodka around here somewhere,” Jordan piped in.

Kylee perked up but I quickly shot her down with a look, “Not going to happen, don’t encourage her Jordan.”

He shrugged, “More for me then.”

I rolled my eyes, “Go find a customer.”

“Hannah I don’t want to deal with him already,” Kylee whined some more.

“You better get ready because they just pulled in. Don’t you hate living close by?”

Kylee groaned, “Shit’s about to get real awkward.”

Understatement of the century.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??