You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

Knock Out A Quick Moto

“Will you sit your ass down?” Jake scolded while I was trying to go into the kitchen.

“But I’m hungry,” I whined.

“I’ll get it! You’re going to hurt yourself more. Damn it, Ky,” he sighed, coming over to me now.

Before I could protest, he gently scooped me up, letting my crutches fall to the floor. I huffed as I crossed my arms and I was returned to the living room. When I was back on the couch, I glared at my boyfriend. Why can’t I do anything for myself?!

“What do you want?” he chuckled, knowing I wasn’t happy with him.

“Nothing,” I sighed.

“Babe,” he cooed before sitting next to me, being careful of my ankle.

“I’m so bored!” I groaned.

“Well, what do you want to do?”

“Ride,” I muttered.

“The only thing you can ride for the next six weeks is me,” he snickered.

“Then you better be prepared, buddy, at all times,” I played along.

He got a good chuckle out of this… and he thinks I’m kidding… I didn’t have time to voice this. There was a knock on the door. I wasn’t about to move. Knowing that Jake was just going to make me stay. Without saying a word, he got up and answered. I heard Wil’s voice and Jake greeting him… and then my best friend walked in. Everything in her face was off. She looked sad and her eyes were red and puffy. Uh oh…

“You ok?” I asked softly.

“No,” she sniffled still.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jake and Wil climbing the stairs, giving Hannah and I some quiet time.

“What happened?” I questioned, thinking Wil did something.

“Mike came over,” she pushed out.

“That bastard,” I couldn’t hold back.

“He said he… didn’t want us broken up,” she went on.

“What an asshole,” I grumbled.

“I don’t… I just don’t know what to do,” she sniffled once more.

Giving her a sympathetic pout, I reached over for the table, grabbing her a couple tissues. She took them and dabbed at her eyes gently. I know this upsets her. She really cared for Mike… and he’s an asshole that couldn’t understand what she needed out of a relationship. I didn’t like the guy, but I knew going on and ranting to Hannah about this wouldn’t help anything.

“What if… we just left for a little bit?” I suggested.

“Where?” she threw out through a sarcastic laugh.

“I don’t know! I mean… the mountains? Somewhere far away so you just kind of forget about all of this shit?” I explained.

“I can’t just leave everything. I have the shop,” she sighed.

“What would a week hurt? We could… go to Disneyland or something,” I shrugged.

“Just up and go to Disneyland?” she laughed. She liked the idea!

“Yeah! You, me, Jake… and Wil?” I raised my eyebrow.

“No,” she narrowed her gaze towards me.

“Why not?” I groaned. I wanted to go now! It would be perfect! Jake’s season’s about to start soon! It would be a fun trip for us… and of course Hannah… and Wil can just come along with us…

“Because…” she shrugged.

“It will be fun!”

“You just had surgery! How the hell can you do anything?” she changed gears.

“I have Jake…” was my only response.

“That poor guy…” she laughed.

“JAAAAAKE!” I called out to him.

“What?” he shouted back.

“Come here,” I cooed loud enough for him to hear.

From the upper level, I could hear him hurrying down. His feet thumped down the stairs before he came into the living room. I smiled at him brightly, causing his eyebrow to rise once he saw.

“I need some things…” I told him.

“What kind of things?”

“Movies…”

“Ok, what kind?”

“Um… good ones?”

“Like… is this a chick flick movie night, or?” he snickered.

“Yeah,” Hannah added through a laugh.

“So… ice cream too?” he smiled between my best friend and I.

“You are just so wonderful,” I grinned up at him.

“Anything else?” he looked at Hannah now.

“Why are you looking at me? She asked for it all!” she bickered playfully.

“Ky has happy pills. I know she doesn’t need ice cream,” he teased.

“I’ll be fine with movies and ice cream… and maybe the couch for the night,” she assured him.

“Ok, then. My available cuddle hours are from four to six. Anything else is all Ky time,” he taunted once more while he went to the door to slide his shoes on.

“I think I’ll pass,” she laughed at him.

“You don’t know what you’re missing…” he grinned in a goofy way.

“I think Ky should just have all of your cuddle time,” she replied after Jake had called for Wil.

“She gets cuddle time plus ride time,” he winked at me.

Hannah’s head quickly snapped over to me and I couldn’t keep my face from flushing bright red. Why did he say that?! Oh my gosh!

“I don’t want to know!” Hannah mumbled.

“When I get back we can knock out a quick moto…” he went on, smiling like the goofball that he is.

“Goodbye, Jake!” I shouted as him and Wil walked out the door.

After it shut behind them, I let out a sigh… with a smile on my face. Hannah just kept shaking her head through her own grin. I’m going to slap him when he gets back. Oh my gosh.

But hopefully tonight will help Hannah feel better at least. I can’t tell her if she should be with Mike or not. I don’t think she should, but… it’s her life. I’ll just be here to help her when she needs it… and have movie and ice cream nights when need be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??