You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

Sunshine

“If you get lost…” I teased Jake as he turned off his navigation.

“We go to Anaheim all the time!” he chuckled.

“We’re going to get lost,” I stuck my nose in the air and crossed my arms.

“We are not,” he laughed still.

We bickered for a few more minutes until something hit me… Hannah hadn’t joined in on this debate. I would think she would… and be on my side! I looked into the backseat… to see her asleep… ON WIL’S LAP! Ah! And to make it even better, Wil was leaning against the window asleep as well. AW!

“Leave them alone,” Jake quickly threw at me.

“But!”

“Ky,” he was a little sterner.

“But look how cute!”

“I think we should just let whatever was meant to happen between them happen.”

“But that’s no fun,” I whined.

“I thought the whole point of going to Disneyland was to have fun?”

“Well, it is, but… Jake, just go with it!” I snapped at him playfully.

“I think we should just worry about ourselves and if they want to start something, then we’ll support them… nicely,” he countered.

“You’re being a party pooper,” I mumbled teasingly.

“No, I’m just not doing what you want me to do,” he smirked, glancing over at me quickly to make sure I saw that expression.

In return, I stuck my tongue out at him. This got me another laugh from him while he continued to drive. For the next few miles, silence filled the truck. Jake’s focus was on driving and the two in the backseat were fast asleep. I was too excited to sleep! And Jake was being an ass and not help me get them together!

“You going to be ok with your ankle?” he started up again… for about the twentieth time since last night.

“I’ll be fine,” I assured him… again!

“I just… worry about you. I know how stubborn you are,” he replied.

“If it starts hurting, I’ll be sure to tell you.”

“Bull shit,” he chuckled.

“I will. I promise.”

“Better,” he grumbled in such a cute way.

And with that, we bickered about little things. It was all in good fun though. There wasn’t really… much else to do. Obviously, we talked about what we wanted to do once we got there. He also made me agree that I would never ditch Hannah to be with Wil by herself unless she wanted to. He told me he would take away all the cuddles throughout this little vacation if I did. Butthead!

Once Jake pulled into our hotel, Wil and Hannah were still fast asleep in the backseat. Jake said he’d be the one to wake them up while I checked in. This guy is just sucking the fun out of everything right now. But I went with it. We have one room for the four of us. But it’s sectioned off into a living area and two bedrooms. The second I told Jake, he said I would share a room with Hannah so it wasn’t awkward between her and Wil. I was ok with this… if he would just sneak in at night to snuggle. He said he wouldn’t though! Maybe I should have rethought this whole room situation… By the time I got back out to the truck, Wil and Hannah were helping Jake get all of the luggage out of it.

“Can we just go to the park and get with all of this later?” Hannah whined.

“Come on, sunshine,” Jake encouraged her.

“Don’t call me that ever again,” she mumbled.

“He calls me princess all the time,” I told her.

“That doesn’t mean he can call me sunshine!”

“Well someone needs another nap… Sunshine,” Jake chuckled.

Her response was just glaring at him. Wil and I laughed at it. Jake sent her a big grin as he passed. Oh those two… Leaving her to glare, I grabbed my bags and led the way up to our room. The second the door was unlocked, Jake and Wil sprinted inside. They were shouting all the way through the room, saying that they were getting first dibs on the beds. While shaking my head, Hannah and I dipped into the room they didn’t go into and put our things down. While the boys were channeling their inner five year old and seemed to be jumping on their beds, Hannah and I each fell onto one and let out a sigh.

“You excited?!” I squealed.

“I am,” she smiled.

“That’s convincing.”

“I am! I’m just… still tired,” she yawned… and I could so tell it was fake.

I think it was more of she didn’t really want me to comment about her and Wil… and I wasn’t going to. I was going to take Jake’s advice and just let whatever was meant to happen, happen… I don’t know how much longer that will last, but… I’m going to damn well try! And if she wants to talk about him, then I’ll maybe voice something. But we’re here to have fun! I don’t want to ruin that by teasing her or saying way too much about her and Wil needing to be together. I just want it to be a fun week! … And if they were to get together by the end of it, then it will be an even better of a week!
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

comment??