You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

Don't Fail Me Now

“So,” Kylee said as she linked arms with me while we walked into California Adventure after breakfast.

“Yes?” I asked cautiously.

“You and dear Wilbur?”

“Me and Wil what?”

“Has he made you a real woman yet?”

My eyes got wide, “Excuse me?”

“Have you sealed the deal yet? Done the deed? You know...”

“Yeah okay, I get it! Oh my God Kylee.”

“So? Have you?”

“No! Not all of us are having sex at Disney.”

“You should, it is the happiest place on Earth after all.”

“Oh my God.”

“Are you guys official yet at least?”

I sighed, “No.”

“But do you want to be?”

I bit my lip and nodded slightly.

Kylee let out a squeal.

“But I’m nervous and a little scared.”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want to get my heart broken again.”

“Oh honey,” Kylee hugged me, “Wilbur is a good guy. Yeah extremely awkward at times but super sweet. Plus if he hurts you in any way not only will I kick his ass but Jake will too.”

I rolled my eyes, “I doubt that, Wil is his best friend.”

“Yeah but you are mine and plus you were the one who helped take care of poor injured Jakey when I had races not Wilbur. He owes you and he loves you. You are his Sunshine.”

Kylee and I both laughed. Jake and I had become really good friends since he and Kylee started rooming together but I still couldn’t see him beating up his best friend for me.

“Anyways I don’t even know what to do about this whole thing now.”

“Wilbur needs to ask you out on a date.”

“And how exactly am I going to get that to happen?”

“Leave that up to me!” Kylee smirked.

“Why do I suddenly feel extremely terrified?”

Kylee laughed, “Don’t worry, when have I ever steered you wrong?”

I raised my eyebrows, “Seriously? Do you not remember that time we ended up grounded for two months in junior high?”

“Okay I admit stealing my dad’s car was a bad idea but I thought that if I could ride a bike I could drive a car. It made way more sense in my head.”

“Or that time you thought you would...how did you put it? oh yeah ‘release the animals from their entrapment and let them free into their natural habitat’?”

“Hey that wasn’t my fault! I thought they were going to be tested on or dissected how was I supposed to know the science department was just using them for the mazes.”

“Or what about that time...”

“Okay I get it! Sometimes I don’t always think my plans through but don’t worry, I’ll run this plan past Jake first.”

“Will you actually listen if he tells you that it is a bad plan?”

“Probably not.”

I groaned.

“I’m kidding!” Kylee laughed.

“That’s doubtful but for some reason I’m trusting you on this one.”

“Seriously, don’t worry so much Hannah. I swear it will work out perfectly.”

I rolled my eyes, “Kylee, I’ve known you since kindergarten. Do you know how many times I’ve heard that exact line?”

Kylee shrugged, “A whole lot?”

“Yes and do you know how many times it’s actually worked out perfectly?”

“Not a whole lot?”

“Exactly.”

“When then I’m due for one working out perfectly.”

I sighed, “I’m putting faith in you. Don’t fail me now.”

Kylee rolled her eyes, “So overdramatic.”

“I wouldn’t be me if I wasn’t. Just like you wouldn’t be Kylee without you getting us into crazy schemes which result in us getting into trouble. Just don’t get us kicked out of Disney for life okay?”

“I promise. No getting banned from Disney.”

I gave her a big smile, “Good! Now let’s go explore!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hannah

comment??