You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

Are you high?

Once I left Kylee and Jake’s place I headed straight for the shop. I had way too much paperwork to get done and I’m sorry but listening to Kylee bitch, no matter how much I love her, was not something I had time for today.

As soon as I set foot in the door a slight groan was let out, “Oh man Boss Lady’s here, party’s over.”

I rolled my eyes, “If I’m Boss Lady, then what are you Ty? Seeing as how you own half this shop.”

“I’m the fun one.”

“More like the annoying one,” Nikki tossed out to my brother from her station.

I laughed, “I don’t know how you date him Nik.”

“I ask myself that question daily.”

“Hey!” Ty cried out.

“Don’t worry Tyler, I love you,” Jordan called from his normal place of leaning against the reception desk instead of at his own station.

“Love you too Jord.”

“I knew it. He is cheating on me with a man,” Nikki shook her head before turning back to her customer.

“I’m not even surprised at all,” I said as I started to walk to my back office, “Where’s Zoey?”

“She ran to get food,” Jordan said with a shrug.

“You know I hired her to run the front desk, not be your assistant,” I told him with a raised eyebrow.

“Hey, she got food for everyone and plus it was Ty’s idea not mine!”

I shot Ty a look before making it to my office with Cooper, the shop Boxer puppy, following behind me. Cooper took his place on his bed and I began to bury myself in the paperwork.

What felt like only minutes later, but really was a few hours, my phone rang. I pushed the payroll I was working on away from me and let out a sigh when I saw the caller ID.

I set my phone next to me and set it on speaker before going back to work, “Yes Kylee?”

‘YOU HAVE TO SAVE ME!’

“What do I need to save you from?”

‘These awful boys!’

“What are those awful boys doing to you?”

‘They are being mean to me!’

“And you haven’t beat them up let? That’s not the Kylee I know.”

‘I’m hurt! Please come rescue me!’

“Ky, I can’t. I’ve got this mountain of paperwork to do and you know Nikki will kick not only my ass BUT yours if she doesn’t get her paycheck on time.”

‘Make Ty do it! I’m dying Hannah. You can’t let your best friend die.’

I laughed loudly, “You and I both know that my brother should never be responsible for money.”

She was silent for a while, ‘Yeah you’re right. Bad idea. Bad bad idea. Well come over when you finish the payroll!’

I groaned, “Kylee...”

‘Please please please please I am going to die if you don’t come soon.’

I rubbed my face, “Fine, I’ll finish some stuff up here and then I will head back over. Do you need me to bring anything?”

‘FOOD! I’m so hungry and Jakey won’t feed me and gross Wil is just gross.’

“Fine, I’m going to bring Cooper too because I think he needs to get out of the shop for a while.”

‘YES! PUPPY! And my best friend and food all in one visit! Oh happy day!’

I gave a confused look at my phone, “Kylee? Are you on something?”

‘Um, no.... I mean yes. Yes I am. I took some pain meds for my ankle.’

“The same pain meds from your knee injury?”

‘Yup!’

“Oh no. You know that stuff made you weird.”

‘I think...I think I’m going to take a nap.’

“Good idea and guess what.”

‘WHAT?!’

“When you wake up, I’ll probably be there.”

‘YAY! Okay I sleep now!’

Before I had the chance to respond she was gone. I shook my head and looked at Cooper, “Kylee has lost it.”

Soon enough I was done with the payroll and headed back out the door, “Where you going?” Ty asked as he looked up from the customer he was tattooing.

“Kylee got injured today at the track, she’s going to be okay but Jake’s not taking very good care of her and she claims she is going to die if I don’t go over there with food soon.”

“Oh, well have fun.”

“I’m sure I will, you know with whiney drugged up Kylee. I’m taking Cooper with me.”

He waved me off and I headed to the shop next door, hopefully they all like sandwiches.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why didn't we post this sooner? :)

comment? <3